Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Question for the Big Ant blokes, clearly this game is a success, no idea on sales volume but I assume it'd be right up there in terms of cricket games. With that success record behind you, how likely is it that we'll see the next version having licenses? Not necessarily teams but in terms of stadia and kit brands?

Question for the Big Ant blokes, clearly this game is a success, no idea on sales volume but I assume it'd be right up there in terms of cricket games. With that success record behind you, how likely is it that we'll see the next version having licenses? Not necessarily teams but in terms of stadia and kit brands?

Was thinking that to myself the other day mate. I'd be just happy with another release. Couple of noticeable things that need fixing up for me are:

1. Running between the wickets the AI just don't take enough chances or miss so many singles etc.
2. The weird auto fields that are setup in matches. For instance T-20's you have a bat pad and silly mid on etc..

Great game but :)

Looked on Steam for the first time in a while, noticed that I had not played DBC since May :eek:. Wanted to have a bash at it and see if I would need to re-learn things again. Played the first game and smashed a quick 40 before departing and didn't do so well in bowling (carted around for 20 with no result). Next few games I was caught out for a duck or less than 10 but when I bowled I had more luck. I brought myself on to help clean up the tail in one match, wound up with figures of 1/2.

In the last match I did fairly well, bombed out in the first innings. But in the second I regained my touch:

qPLf5pb.jpg

I was dropped by the slips about 4 times in the 60's. I was eventually caught out while being too cocky on 81.

I've been playing quite a bit of this in the past week, still just the PS3 version. I definitely need to practice some more to get back into my old form. I'm averaging about 35 in First Class, List A, and T20. And about 25 in international T20 and ODIs. I'm still on "very close" for the Test squad and hopefully it stays that way since my stats won't be pretty if I get a call up just about now. Playing so many T20s is a bit annoying but they can be fun.

It doesn't happen too often but is there anything worse than when you get lucky with an LBW decision only for the opposition to review it :p

Didn't take too long to regain my touch (I just sucked against South Australia's bowlers lol)

Playing against WA:

TJ6ESqo.jpg

VG9lyuo.jpg

VsIHna7.jpg

I survived a bad lbw attempt and one dropped catch. I did hit the ball towards other fielders in the process but luckily for me they were not near enough to the ball to catch it.

Innings is still going btw.

That is impressive I'm running through some of my screenshots over the last few months (can't find the one's where I scored 200+ consistently, I may have posted a few in this thread over the last year and a bit).

Can see in one it took 134 balls to score 252
And in the same innings I reached 302 on the 156th ball. 13 balls later I was out on 345 (169 balls faced)

In a different innings I scored 150 in 54 balls.
In another innings it took 100 balls to score 252
In another I only needed 48 balls to score 202

Turn the level up. (Or be so bad like me that you can get somewhat realistic scorelines through the 'super fielder' thing.)

Can't turn it up any higher than what it already is.

Game is too ridiculously easy once you learn the nuances. There are patterns in the game that once learned are difficult to unlearn.

Bowling is my downside but I find that to be boring.

Can't turn it up any higher than what it already is.

Game is too ridiculously easy once you learn the nuances. There are patterns in the game that once learned are difficult to unlearn.

Bowling is my downside but I find that to be boring.

This well not so much me, Legend is too hard Pro/Veteran is more my scene.

I don't get 100's, 200's, 300's that often... I have my bad patches where I screw up in the 0's - 20's, one bad ball is all I need and I'm waiting for my next chance to bat. I've had many 50's and 100's scored on just singles or 2's and 0 boundaries. Those are just as rewarding, but I play one dayers, shield and tests like they are T20's (blame the T20 evolution for this). I also enjoy turning an impossible run rate chase, into a possible winning scenario by playing all guns blazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously I just need to spend more time on it. Give me a year or two and I'll move past amateur.

Does anyone else get caught and bowled almost constantly? It seems every straight drive I hit hits the bowler on the full, and they hold onto the rare one.

Seems to be the main way I get out (other than boredom/frustrating slogging)

Obviously I just need to spend more time on it. Give me a year or two and I'll move past amateur.

Does anyone else get caught and bowled almost constantly? It seems every straight drive I hit hits the bowler on the full, and they hold onto the rare one.

Seems to be the main way I get out (other than boredom/frustrating slogging)

Just practice practice practice, master the shot timing (particularly the difference in when playing a shot against fast bowlers, medium pacers, spinners etc) you'll eventually find ONE shot that you can exploit against the cpu ai. When I first started playing and got the hang of it, the straight drive (when advancing down the pitch) was my bread and butter shot - would hit 4 or 6 EVERY TIME (unless I got caught just on the inside of the boundary).

Two years into career mode the AI must have programmed/cottoned on to my strategy and I started getting out to that shot 99% of the time instead of smashing a boundary 99%. Thus I was on the hunt for another bread and butter shot - aggressive cut shots. They have been my main weapon in many years of the career mode (and also with other players that I've built up including Xtreme Bigfooty - I created that one this time last year just so I could do screenshots without having to blank out my name lol). On the off chance they put more than one person in the area where the ball usually lands after playing that shot, I would choose other shots that would net me at least 2-3 runs (or an occasional 4) until the fielders were changed and I was again able to freely hit the cut shot again.

I actually started hitting advancing aggressive straight drives against medium pace bowlers last night, good times were had.

I'm currently on 168 hours played in the game (Steam counter), dread to think how many hours it would be if I didn't take breaks for a few months at a time.

Last edited:
All these posts have me itching to play this game again. Unfortunately it's still $90 at JB :drunk:

All these posts have me itching to play this game again. Unfortunately it's still $90 at JB :drunk:
Ive been keeping my eyes on this game ever since i got my ps4. the price just never budges :(

I remember my first game of Bradman in career mode. Scored a grueling 120 ball century. Had no idea what I was doing. Just played a lot through the covers and off my pads, utilized the block button a fair bit against the spin too. Fortunately I've got a lot better since then.

My mate and I have actually been playing an eight team test competition lately and it's been great fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back