Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Little has insinuated that the government should interfere to stop ASADA re-issuing Show Cause Notices. Say what? You have got to be kidding!
Essendon claim they want justice (read only if it exonerates us). What a joke of an organisation. Not that we needed to be told that today.
If that happens I doubt I will renew my membership. I've posted previously how I've become disinterested in the competition. Well, it's not really a competition, it's more like a badly managed theatre production. My current interest is only being maintained because of our prospect of another flag. My week to week enjoyment is on the wane because I just can't trust the integrity of the game. I get more enjoyment watching my local EFL team, grabbing a reasonably priced sausage-in-a-bun and a cold can of VB.

Paul Little has insinuated that the government should interfere to stop ASADA re-issuing Show Cause Notices. Say what? You have got to be kidding!
Essendon claim they want justice (read only if it exonerates us). What a joke of an organisation. Not that we needed to be told that today.
I just read that myself...what a bunch of campaigners. If a criminal breaks the law and get their day in court and their lawyer can prove that the police obtained the required evidence in an illegal manner it doesn't make the criminal innocent. All it means is that the police have to go back and do their job again until they get the evidence in a legal manner. Why is this any different?

At the end of the day I don't give a * all I want to know is were Essendon players administered drugs prohibited under the WADA code? If yes the time for plea bargains and 6 months suspensions is over and full 2 year bans apply at this point due to their lack of co-operation. I'd also like to see every person at the club linked with the program in anyway at all dismissed and handed life bans from the AFL. If the answer is no then lets get on with it and play some actual football.

If that happens I doubt I will renew my membership. I've posted previously how I've become disinterested in the competition. Well, it's not really a competition, it's more like a badly managed theatre production. My current interest is only being maintained because of our prospect of another flag. My week to week enjoyment is on the wane because I just can't trust the integrity of the game. I get more enjoyment watching my local EFL team, grabbing a reasonably priced sausage-in-a-bun and a cold can of VB.
Totally understand where you are coming from. I'll renew next year but probably cut down to just the home game membership only. Probably will cut down to one interstate trip too. I'll watch more Box Hill and EFL instead too.

Two whole pages in the Hun from Robbo this morning that starts with the following sentence:

"FOR a moment, forget James Hird and banned drugs."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/essend...es-mark-robinson/story-fnaqgujp-1227023438691

tumblr_m6qacqt4X21qe6n4co1_500.gif

And from Paul Little... I'm going to have to stop reading this sh*t.

‘‘... This whole investigation now has been aired in every newspaper, on every radio station, on every TV channel, I think it’s had an airing that’s been fair and reasonable, but we now need to, for the sake of the game and certainly I’ve taken this up with the AFL, we now need to find a way of making it go away.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...uitbreaker-20140814-103w41.html#ixzz3AKNUfjx6

‘‘... This whole investigation now has been aired in every newspaper, on every radio station, on every TV channel, I think it’s had an airing that’s been fair and reasonable, but we now need to, for the sake of the game and certainly I’ve taken this up with the AFL, we now need to find a way of making it go away.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...uitbreaker-20140814-103w41.html#ixzz3AKNUfjx6

I'm sure the officials from WADA are looking on from afar, and saying "poor old Essendon, they've suffered enough, let's close our file and end all their heartache".

Or maybe they WON'T !!!

;)

There is no end to these pricks and the crap that bubbles from their mouths. This is the "wookie" defence.

Once scum, always scum... That's what I think. The fact it is Essenscum should take all of the surprise out of it.

How's this Little character. Looks like Kevin Bartlett's grandfather, and the twaddle he speaks. First he complains about government intervention in the investigation, then turns around and says he will ask the government to stop the notices to players.

Then he makes the extraordinary statement that Essendon's priority has always been the welfare of the players ahead of legal process. I wonder if he really believes his own crap, because I certainly don't.

I wonder if the other 17 clubs approach the AFL, they could ask them to make Little Paul disappear .... up his own clacker.

I'm not sure how you could turn away from the game at this time.

There's no better time to be a Hawk. We're challenging for a back to back flag and Essendon are being fingered and pinched to within an inch of their life while squirming in the public eye, because they'll be seen as "dopers" for decades.

This is what enjoyment feels like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how you could turn away from the game at this time.

There's no better time to be a Hawk. We're challenging for a back to back flag and Essendon are being fingered and pinched to within an inch of their life while squirming in the public eye, because they'll be seen as "dopers" for decades.

This is what enjoyment feels like.
Very true
However mate, the point is some of us are starting to feel very much like the AFL is fast becoming more like the WWE than something that can be trusted to be real
And it's just not the Essendon stuff
A guy gets off after kicking another player on the head
Sides blatantly receiving preferential treatment by umpires AND the draw and salary cap
And don't even start me on the media
Week after week the great game we all love and grew up loving is slowly becoming more like sports entertainment than real

There is no end to these pricks and the crap that bubbles from their mouths. This is the "wookie" defence.

I think this has been the Essendon tactic all along. Admit to nothing, just string it out, and eventually it will just dissipate. When it didn't, and they realized maybe ASADA were putting together a good case against them, they got the knives out and started threatening people with court action.

Over the years, I have always despised Carlton, and with good cause. Apart from being violently ill every time that insipid Sheedy appeared my screen, I never hated Essendon like other Hawthorn supporters. For the first 12 months of this saga, I've been open minded, willing to give Essendon the benefit of any doubts I may have had.

However, the way that club has presented itself over the past 6 months, I have no doubt of their guilt. Everything they have said or done smacks of a club which has plenty to hide and won't face up to their responsibilities. I think they are a club full of gutless wonders who just expect to do whatever they please and get away with it.

Whatever needs to be done, however long it takes, ASADA now owe it to the football public to go for the Essendon jugular. Recall those words Jimmy? "Whatever it takes"?

Unfortunately, if we have a governing body that had the slightest bit of integrity, none of this would have been allowed to occur in the first place. The game needs protection from the avarice of the likes of people such as Paul Little. There are just far too many of them infecting football like a cancer and doing their best to completely destroy the game.

I find it strange/funny/odd that Little's and seemingly Essendons position now is. If we win, we'll try and strike a deal with ASADA/Government, if we lose we'll strong it on for another 2 yrs.

I mean seriously, you had your chances to make a deal and you decided not too. Cop what's coming.

End of the day, if they are innocent and they have done nothing wrong, you know that bit about you jabbing players with all and sundry without care and taking no proper records (maybe you needed Tanya there Hirdy to TAKE SOME DECENT F#$KEN NOTES THEN AND THIS WHOLE ISSUE WOULDN'T BE HAPPENING) then the Show Cause Notices will be easily defeated.

Easy way to make it go away - tell us exactly what was injected and when. Can't do that? Ok, let's find out why. No records kept? Poor governance? Who's responsible for that then...

I think we as football lovers would agree it would be best for all concerned if ASADA just jolly well packed it in, said "oh well, we gave it a jolly good shake, but its all looking rather too hard right now" and then things could go back to the way they were...I mean, surely this is what is what all genuine fans want, after all?

Breathtaking chutzpah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back