Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, over at bomberblitz, the delusion continues....

It's looking like Jonestown over there. Note to Essendope supporters. Keep away from the juice.

Oh dear...a poster on the Essendon board has likened the plight of Essendon/ Hird and co to Rocky IV............

I wish them all a world of pain.

Being that Rocky IV is the Citizen Kane of our generation that makes me hate Essenscum all the more.

Whoever he goes to doesn't need to trade though, do they?
He'll need to invoke the breach of contract clause if he wants to just walk wherever without a trade. That might involve doing a deal with ASADA potentially and take him past trade week though you'd think.

I'm thinking that Essendon will be forced into an unders type trade to avoid the mess. Who knows though. It's another unique outcome of this s**t pile.

The potential trades I quoted were meant to demonstrate the lack of insight Dons fans have regarding this trade. There's no way on earth any of those are happening.

He'll need to invoke the breach of contract clause if he wants to just walk wherever without a trade. That might involve doing a deal with ASADA potentially and take him past trade week though you'd think.

I'm thinking that Essendon will be forced into an unders type trade to avoid the mess. Who knows though. It's another unique outcome of this s**t pile.

The potential trades I quoted were meant to demonstrate the lack of insight Dons fans have regarding this trade. There's no way on earth any of those are happening.
Yeah I know - just was thinking they're gonna lose at least 1 or 2 for basically nothing?

Not sure about that. The problem is that if you put a line through every Essendon player, then the Brownlow points gets skewed. Anyone who was on 2 would get 3, etc. There'd be no one to replace the 1s. There simply would be no Brownlow winner that year.
Like the time suspended players had the most votes...
Just a differing reason for suspension.

I have never so looked forward to an article from Caro.

Refusing to look at the website - I am looking forward to buying The Age tomorrow and framing it.

Going to make a good Christmas present for some work "friends"

There's one great paragraph that just sums up Essendon's arrogance and folly.

enjoy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about that. The problem is that if you put a line through every Essendon player, then the Brownlow points gets skewed. Anyone who was on 2 would get 3, etc. There'd be no one to replace the 1s. There simply would be no Brownlow winner that year.

If Jobe is deemed ineligible then surely it would be considered like a suspended player.

Still get awarded votes, just not able to win the medal

Just declare it voided. As much as Mitchell and Cotchin deserve it - athletes wouldn't want a consolation prize like that. Void it and let it forever be a blank line in the record books as an underscore as to how absolutely ridiculous Essenscum are and how contemptuously they treated the integrity of the competition.
But Mitchell and Cotchin would not be receiving a consolation prize because Watson cheated big time. Watson has always been a very good player but he just exploded from nowhere that year. He will no doubt have his brownlow stripped and there's no way the afl will just leave that brownlow year blank.

Perhaps the players will be sent to France on paid study time during their layoff. Then again, a $2m court fee may prevent this.
Oh this just keeps getting better.
Edit: for the record I really do feel for the players as I believe the club has grossly mistreated them. As for the club they deserve whatever they get thrown at them.

Perhaps the players will be sent to France on paid study time during their layoff. Then again, a $2m court fee may prevent this.
Oh this just keeps getting better.
Edit: for the record I really do feel for the players as I believe the club has grossly mistreated them. As for the club they deserve whatever they get thrown at them.
The same players whose captain is on the record in 2011 saying how they've had their "eyes opened" at the changes in body shape after just 2 weeks of the new program that was going to make them bigger and stronger? Those poor players?

They knew what all the needles were for. The naive public keep making excuses for them though.

But Mitchell and Cotchin would not be receiving a consolation prize because Watson cheated big time. Watson has always been a very good player but he just exploded from nowhere that year. He will no doubt have his brownlow stripped and there's no way the afl will just leave that brownlow year blank.

Athletes think differently to fans though. I bet if you asked Mitchell and Cotchin if they would want to win the Brownlow in this fashion they'd both probably say no. There is a precedence for this also in that the record books now show that there were no NRL premiers in 2007 and 2009 - which is an even bigger gap than not having a Brownlow winner.

While I'd love to see Mitchell and Cotchin be awarded it - I just can't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back