Draft 2015 Its Not All About Pure Talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Dr Whoooooooo

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Huge night for the club tonight. Just hope people remember if they dont get the player they want many factors go into selecting players .. pure talent is only one components, character, coachability, long-term financial demands, how he fits into our club ..... plus so, so much more.

Many rely on Phantom drafts and the media - which cant and dont take into the account the other factors.

I just hope if you dont get the player you want - MFC supporters can trust and get behind the club and supporter our new recruits whoever they may be.

Time to lift the veil of negativity is here.

Go Dees.

Last edited:
I sort of try to lift the veil of negativity, but I think it's more like a Burkha and I have to leave it there for religious reasons. Also my hair is having a weird day.

Hey Dr - I never know mentally how to pronounce your name. Something to do with the multiple ooooo. It's like I think it should be a regular Dr "Hoo" sound, but in my head it is more of a Dr "Wooooooo"

You forgot one factor. The most important factor for MFC. Being able to kick. Preferably on both sides. Or is that not a thing anymore?

A few years back I knew a Demons recruiter and we went to a Vic Country v Vic Metro game together.

There were 2 players that stood out.

The first was Beau Muston at half back for VC. Muston was marking every ball that came into the back half then running out and setting up attack after attack. Muston was picked up at about pick 20 by Hawthorn. Unfortunately he did his knee at least three times and was eventually delisted, his body never allowed him to reach his potential. Muston should have been as good as Hodge.

The second player had blond dreadlocks and zipped around the midfield and forward line for VM with the class and skill which left me in no doubt he too would be a gun just like Muston. His name was Dale "Daisy" Thomas. A player we all know was pure class until cruelled led by injury.

Just saying there are no guarantees and that this is a tough sport. I wish all the players drafted by us well and hope they can continue and enjoy their dream to play AFL.

By the way dream draft for me is the bolster Clayton Oliver and Aaron Francis. Also rate Milera the best side step I have seen for a while.

Go Demons

Was it theory or practical though?

Theoretical kicking, I like it! In 'theory', I could hit a rubbish bin on either foot from 75 metres. In practice, i'm more likely to kick myself in the face...on both feet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back