Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

I just found this board, and thread. I'm sure you E already been through this but,

Have you noticed how Dwayne Russell repeats a few of his tried and trusted lines quite a lot?

I heard him say "great to have your company" THREE times during the same match a fortnight ago.

and that voice! Like a bloody foghorn. Out of all the commentators she could have chosen to emulate, why on earth did Kelli Underwood choose HIM?

“Scooped that up like a responsible dog owner”

* off Dwayne you turd.
My sentiments exactly. While he's not the dumbest caller going round (Hamish McTavish and BT in a tie for that one), he does come across as the one most full of himself.

****ed if I know how anyone could think of themself as anything more than an average caller if they spewed out the constant drivel that der-wayne inflicts on us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad play by play commentator, not every single thing that happens on the field needs to be mentioned with overtop excitement.

Ainsworth taking a chest mark in the pocket is not 'amazing' Dwayne.
He's been doing it for years. It's probably my main complaint with him.

Just call the game without the hard sell you ******* idiot.

He shalt henceforth be known, from Mountain Apex to Swirling Tidewater, as Sir Der-Wayne the Goose ,or ..........#67 on the local chinese menu, with extra sauce

He shalt henceforth be known, from Mountain Apex to Swirling Tidewater, as Sir Der-Wayne the Goose ,or ..........#67 on the local chinese menu, with extra sauce
Sir der-wayne the Goose.

Has the unmistakable ring of truth about it.

Something about it and the way he's been doing it for a decade makes me want to do terrible things.
As long as those on the receiving end of the terrible things are AFL commentators, then I'm perfectly happy with that.

We've been on the receiving end of their terrible commentary for long enough.

He Zigged When He Should Have Zagged is another he leans on quite a bit the campaigner needs to get creative

Right out of the playbook of Derwayne's Greatest Hits, including:

From the paint
Off the shoe
Shake and bake
That's as good as it gets
Chaos Ball
Cream dripping off it

It's bemusing because he is not a bad play by play commentator, he keeps up with what is going on and isn't like BT where he consistently gets players names wrong. But the hyperbolic statements, feigning excitement at strange times and corny, overused catchphrases along with his general wacky behaviour distract from whatever match he's calling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back