Club Mgmt. EFC Membership 2016 - 'Where Do You Stand?'

Remove this Banner Ad

Active end Memberships are interesting.
Also known as the grog squad, isn't it? That's where the "we are Essendon" chant originated isn't it? My away seat is directly in front of them.

I'm going to have to go all Pauline Hanson on you and ask you to please explain...
Fromm BB, Ryan McKee

Thanks for the discussion on this a few months ago (http://bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/2108/active-support-we-are-essendon#latest).

Based on the feeback and some internal discussions, we've just launched a new Active Area membership here:http://membership.essendonfc.com.au/packages/view/389/Flexi_Home_and_Away_Active_Area

Basically, the cheer squad will take up the first 6 rows and the remaining rows behind them will be this Active Area. It's an exclusive access GA section, which means that only the people that buy into it will have access to it, but the seating is GA instead of reserved. Thus, if you have a regular GA membership, you won't have access to this bay - only the 200ish people that buy into it will be able to access it. By doing this, we have the same people in that section each game - people that want to actively cheer, coordinate chants, produce tifo, etc.

We're also looking for a capo of sorts for this section, so if you are interested in playing that role, send me a note. We're not trying to turn the crowd into a soccer-style crowd, but a little bit of organization around banners and chants helps make it all run. And we're not looking to feed this group with what we want them to do. As the Blitzers involved in StandByHird and BackOurBoys can attest, I'm all for fan-led atmosphere.

The capo (or maybe it's 3-4 people as part of a committee) would meet with the club regularly to plan around game days - a good example of this might be Fletch's 400th (knock on wood) where we'd work together to properly commemorate the milestone.

0Alright rapid fire response, here we go:

- Alcohol yes. Though similar to what you'd expect at a soccer match, this section might have a slightly elevated level of security. And we'll take a hard line against hooliganism-type acts, anti-social behaviour, racism, etc. But obviously we understand a bit of colourful language and inebriation will occur :)
- As has been said, a Capo is critical to being that bridge between the CS and GS. I actually see that person as being the leader of the chants in that section but I would leave that to them to discuss and coordinate. I can tell you that despite it seeming like the CS and GS are off, they are both open to working together.
- When we presented to the AFL, they indicated that we were the only club doing this and they are interested in supporting us where needed and using as a bit of a test case.
- Tifo is an italian term I believe, but basically just means supporter style banners, flags, chants, etc.
- I agree having that bay with specific messages on banners, giant faces, flags, etc. would be amazing. Again, the fan-led stuff is the best way to go here, but I'm open to kicking in a bit of cash at the start just to help the group get off the ground.
- In terms of switching seats if you've already purchased a membership, yes, just call the office and they'll be happy to move you
- If you didn't want to sit in that section one week (because you had friends in town or whatever), your membership is still a GA membership, so you could still access the stadium and sit in the other GA bays (remember, GA is back for all games this year)
- we are trying to figure out what to do with empty seats to ensure that bay is filled every game. It sort of depends how well it sells. If only 100 of the 200 seats sell, then we'll probably have to open it up to walk-up sales (with strict rules against opposition supporters buying). But if, say, 180 sell, then we could look at giving the 20 extra to the Capo (or the committee) to dispurse amongst people in the group that want to bring a friend. We're figuring this out as we go a little on this one.
- Yes, only applies to H&A games in Melbourne. Interstate, we don't have control over the inventory the same way. So we get a few rows for the CS behind the goals and then other allocations elsewhere in the stadium. Could be something we look into a down the road though, if the other teams/stadiums oblige.
- Yes, the cheer squad has effectively reduced in size, comprised of the core group that take part in the primary cheer squad activities (which we monitored closely last year and advised all CS members prior to the season). The remaining people in that bay are being encouraged to be a part of this Active Area (it's actually a slightly reduced ticket price, so a bit of a refund for them). But if they want a reserved seat and/or don't want to be part of this type of area, we are working with them to relocate to the bay next to it. Bit of a case by case basis, but generally speaking, it shouldn't be a dramatic change to those that sat in the area last season (except hopefully a louder and more unifed bay!).

Hope that explains some things, thanks for the interest.

What? I have an away reserved seat in that section, row M... I know a lot of people around me have reserved seats in that section. How does that work?

Membership pack came today and * me does the scarf look good! The fact that we even got a scarf rather than a shitty hat is great, but the barber shop pole stripes just look brilliant. Could do without the True Value Solar at the end, but I'm willing to over look that simple due to how damn good it looks.

#backinscarf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membership pack came today and **** me does the scarf look good! The fact that we even got a scarf rather than a shitty hat is great, but the barber shop pole stripes just look brilliant. Could do without the True Value Solar at the end, but I'm willing to over look that simple due to how damn good it looks.

#backinscarf
Only my view, but I think it's the best member scarf we've had.

What? I have an away reserved seat in that section, row M... I know a lot of people around me have reserved seats in that section. How does that work?

How did you score a reserved seat on lower deck at MCG for away games?[/QUOTE]

So, my away reserved seat at Etihad has been moved. Not sure where yet, finding out now. No notice, no emails, nothing. I found out through here. Nice work...

So, my away reserved seat at Etihad has been moved. Not sure where yet, finding out now. No notice, no emails, nothing. I found out through here. Nice work...
That is a little disappointing.

I do like the concept, but to not be advised of a seat move beforehand is disappointing, should be done better.

That is a little disappointing.

I do like the concept, but to not be advised of a seat move beforehand is disappointing, should be done better.
I like the concept too, and I don't even mind being moved one aisle over, either. But this would have been my third year in this seat and to not have been informed is pretty average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back