Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Footy jumper tipping comp on external website

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I don't think PMs are necessary at all, it should be one in all in for the method of tipping being used.

Akkaps I think you'd just be wasting your own time with confirmation PMs unless you were able to tend to your computer 24/7. If people were to hypothetically go onto the site and enter in their tips and click submit, I think that's confirmation enough

This whole idea we came up with in 2013 is never going to improve unless we move it to the external site, supported by a weekly thread on this board.

They don't though. I don't tip in the AFL until the day of the match. Stress less, it'll be fine
I don't put my tips in until the last day either, but some people want to get in early. And all the other tipping competitions that I am part of have started accepting tips for Round 1 last week.
I've been swayed to prefer the off-site tipping, but I feel bound to do what the poll says
Ambiguous. Yes, or not to off-site. Mod overrules vote?
It;s also why I thought it would be a good option to let people PM their tips in if they don't want to use the site.
Also I don't think PMs are necessary at all, it should be one in all in for the method of tipping being used.

Akkaps I think you'd just be wasting your own time with confirmation PMs unless you were able to tend to your computer 24/7. If people were to hypothetically go onto the site and enter in their tips and click submit, I think that's confirmation enough
It was suggested in he pre-season that I send out confirmation PMs because there was not a way to go back and check if you have submitted your tips through the tipping site. I wasn't planning to be online 24/7. But when I get online, I would send out the PMs. (it would have to be delayed).

Listen here folks if people want to send tips in here or in the site its no problem. I'm sure someone would like to help akkaps if that happens. I'll be willing to offer a hand if you guys want.
So you are against the site? Is there a suggestion of what you'd prefer to see.

So you are against the site? Is there a suggestion of what you'd prefer to see.
No mate. I'm happy to do both it doesn't bother me. But for others its different and I can't comment on their opinions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm right 99.9% of the time (apart from VCE Economics).

Trust me, a Weekly thread w/ a link to the external tipping centre akkaps has put together so well is the ONLY way to properly do this

Gibbsy Dylan8 if you guys want my vote at the next election, you'll do as I request.

I'm right 99.9% of the time (apart from VCE Economics).

Trust me, a Weekly thread w/ a link to the external tipping centre akkaps has put together so well is the ONLY way to properly do this

Gibbsy Dylan8 if you guys want my vote at the next election, you'll do as I request.
Some call him a kingmaker

If the threads won't be cluttered with tips I see no reason why we shouldn't have the tips and discussion threads as one.

Weekly or megathread, though? Gibbsy ?
The threads do get cluttered, I can remember from last season.

Go with weekly, I'll tag T55 in each new thread.
There were elections? Why didn't I get a vote?

If the threads won't be cluttered with tips I see no reason why we shouldn't have the tips and discussion threads as one.

Weekly or megathread, though? Gibbsy ?
Both. Learn to compromise. Weekly threads that get merged into a mega thread after each round.

Both. Learn to compromise. Weekly threads that get merged into a mega thread after each round.
That was supposed to be a farcical suggestion but it actually has some sort of validity.

So we have hit our first speed bump in this. Gibbsy , would I be able to send out a 4 digit passcode to everyone which they would have to enter when they submit their tips. I know you've said no to this previously, but I think that we should go ahead with it.
All I have to do is remember to delete that column if I post the spreadsheet.

So we have hit our first speed bump in this. Gibbsy , would I be able to send out a 4 digit passcode to everyone which they would have to enter when they submit their tips. I know you've said no to this previously, but I think that we should go ahead with it.
Why?

That's not a terrible idea, but I think the idea of making it harder and harder for people to post their tips will deter them from posting at all. Let's not forget that it started as a bit of a fun and not even as a competition! Will people really go to the effort of reading passcodes, accessing websites all for a comp that its only prize is glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back