Analysis Father Son Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet he hasn’t made any rep squads?

Wishful thinking perhaps?
I’m pretty sure we had a Dogs game a few months ago where our academy kids and future father sons played a game. Jaxon look quite impressive (and tall) but I’m not sure of the level of competition.

Note - Looking on Adam Cooney’s Instagram page, he’s already taller than Adam but also dealing with a long term injury that will keep him out until next year.

How are our 2025 crop going? Cooney, Gia, Lake, Eagleton
Cooney a top 10 prospect
He mainly been playing as key forward for our Academy Team

No word on Gia kid

Lukas Eagleton played across half back for our Academy and reminded me of a Ed Richards type player

Lake kid also played at full back in the Academy game and looked at home in defence with his 1v1 work and run and carry

Jamarra wasn't in any major rep side till his draft year
2025 has a few standouts.

Sharp from SA should be playing seniors already and is regularly accumulating over 40 a game. One point this year he had 50 odd.

No doubt one Adelaide believe they are entitled to being from SA, and their attitude towards all SA players.

Brisbane also has highly touted Academy kids .. who they will get for bugger all of course

We don't want any more Bruce/Sam/Ben Reid, or Matt/Dan Hannebery or Terry/Tom/Phil De Koning situations.
Need to bring back Jarrad Grant, Tim Walsh, Andrew McDougall, Zephaniah Skinner, etc - even Andrew Hooper, and get them to 100 games... just in case.

We don't want any more Bruce/Sam/Ben Reid, or Matt/Dan Hannebery or Terry/Tom/Phil De Koning situations.
Need to bring back Jarrad Grant, Tim Walsh, Andrew McDougall, Zephaniah Skinner, etc - even Andrew Hooper, and get them to 100 games... just in case.
Doesn't end there either. Murray Rance, John Georgiades, Sam Phillipou all produced good ones. Probably others that don't spring to mind.

I'm with you. If you give them 1, give them 100.

What does it mean for us, if Scott took Levi put of the academy, as a comment in that twitter post says?

What does it mean for us, if Scott took Levi put of the academy, as a comment in that twitter post says?
I'm not on Twitter so I can't comment on what somebody might have said there, but as I understand it the FS scheme is not an AFL style academy. Clubs (like ours) can run academy-like sessions if they choose so that FS prospects become close to the club and to each other but it has no status as far as the AFL goes. The only qualification required is that your Dad played 100 games for the club.

So if Scott wanted to take his son out of the WB FS get-togethers he's probably being a dick but it doesn't change Levi's eligibility for FS selection.

What is crucial is whether Levi agrees to register with the AFL as a FS selection in his draft year. And of course Scott could be in his ear about that if he chooses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players decide if they want to nominate to their club

Jaxon Cooney for a while wasn't going to join us till Dogs mend the bridge with Adam

I'm not on Twitter so I can't comment on what somebody might have said there, but as I understand it the FS scheme is not an AFL style academy. Clubs (like ours) can run academy-like sessions if they choose so that FS prospects become close to the club and to each other but it has no status as far as the AFL goes. The only qualification required is that your Dad played 100 games for the club.

So if Scott wanted to take his son out of the WB FS get-togethers he's probably being a dick but it doesn't change Levi's eligibility for FS selection.

What is crucial is whether Levi agrees to register with the AFL as a FS selection in his draft year. And of course Scott could be in his ear about that if he chooses.
If Rhylee is playing regular games (as he bloody well should be) then that'll help. Also, of the club moves on Bevo given our wasted seasons then that would likely help too. They clearly don't get along, unless they've mended that relationship since the public interaction.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Players decide if they want to nominate to their club

Jaxon Cooney for a while wasn't going to join us till Dogs mend the bridge with Adam
Also for a kid in VIC, when it actually comes round to draft time and you’re staring down a 44% chance of having to move interstate in the open draft versus locking in a spot in Melbourne it’s a pretty big carrot to nominate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back