Favourite childhood games

Remove this Banner Ad

Psycho Fox on sega master system was a good favorite of mine.
I have a few more favs but i cant for the life of me remember them off the top of my head :eek:

Just some off the top of my head

Wonderboy (1st one on master system) Sonic the hedgehog, killer instinct, nba jam, donkey kong country, mario world, another world, destruction derby, fifa 98 road to world cup (indoor soccer ftw) castle of illusion, world of illusion, street racers, nights.

so many more i can think of, was good to be a kid during the 8bit and 16bit era

super-mario-world-2-yoshis-island-snes-cover-front.jpg

Loved that game so bloody much.

Yeah sprint cars were the only ones you could afford at the start (20k), then some modified somethings. Nascars were in it too. F1 wan't the last one though, Indy was. I only remember buying the F1 car cost 125k and all i wanted to do was earn 125k in real life and buy an F1 car. These days that would possibly get you the nose piece.

Indy 500 was a super game. Very realistic and pretty hard. Loved taking damage to my car off and driving around backwards to watch the instant replays of the carnage.

Mario Andrettis was pretty good too

PC:

Wolf 3D
Dune 2 (EPIC game. Played it at my uncle's every time I was there as a kid, until he finally relented and gave it to me!)
AOE I/II
Duke Nukem
FIFA series
NHL circa 96-99
Shane Warne Cricket 99
AFL 98
Leisure Suit Larry
Some random DOS F1 game (Williams were the best car in it!)
Some random DOS Golf game!

SNES:

Super International Cricket
Super Soccer
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario Brothers (the one with the 4 editions in the one game)
Donkey Kong

N64:

Super Smash Brothers
Goldeneye

^^ 2 best multiplayer games in history, I reckon.

PS3:

NBA 2K11
COD series
FIFA & Pro Evo series
Gran Turismo 5

Awww I loved Supernintendo as a child- in fact I still do! Super Mario Kart or Bomberman were class games! But I also loved the classical computergames like Solitaire and Hearts. Nothing beats the classics- still enjoy playing them!:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just some off the top of my head

Wonderboy (1st one on master system) Sonic the hedgehog, killer instinct, nba jam, donkey kong country, mario world, another world, destruction derby, fifa 98 road to world cup (indoor soccer ftw) castle of illusion, world of illusion, street racers, nights.

so many more i can think of, was good to be a kid during the 8bit and 16bit era

yep but i even go back to the 2600 as well - good times , good times

Indy 500 was a super game. Very realistic and pretty hard. Loved taking damage to my car off and driving around backwards to watch the instant replays of the carnage.

Mario Andrettis was pretty good too
Never played Mario Andretti's. I agree with you on Indy, it was a very difficult game to master, took me ages to figure it out. I had a monochrome screen on my computer too, so it was even more dull. :D

I also had NBA Lakers vs Celtics, can't remember the official title, but it may have been a very early EA Sports style game. Had Kareem Abdul Jabaar in it with his famous hook shots.

So many good games listed here.

Iam trying to find a game that i played as a kid but dont overely remember the name. It was a very old PC game i think called Jewel? Where you had to collect every jewell to exit the different levels. However they had rocks and bolders in the way to make it harder and you have to push them out of the way to make room. Anyone remember that??

loved Bubsy

Iam trying to find a game that i played as a kid but dont overely remember the name. It was a very old PC game i think called Jewel? Where you had to collect every jewell to exit the different levels. However they had rocks and bolders in the way to make it harder and you have to push them out of the way to make room. Anyone remember that??

Boulder dash?

Does anyone remember Commander Keen? I used to play it on MSdos, it was class! Or Maniac Mansion, anyone know that? I would love to play them games again... oh yes and I love Yoshi's Island for Supernintendo, its brilliant. How do you guys who posted yoshi's island as their fav game, like Yoshi's story? Any good? Cheers!

Does anyone remember Commander Keen? I used to play it on MSdos, it was class! Or Maniac Mansion, anyone know that? I would love to play them games again... oh yes and I love Yoshi's Island for Supernintendo, its brilliant. How do you guys who posted yoshi's island as their fav game, like Yoshi's story? Any good? Cheers!

Loved Commander Keen, used to play it religiously on my old Atari 2000.

Speedball was another one of my old favorites.

[YOUTUBE]NitZrC3ywK8[/YOUTUBE]

loved Bubsy

Youre not thinking of either Boulder Dash or Emerald Mine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back