Field of Duds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rofl that our greatest acomplishment as a team over the last 20 or so years is to produce the best duds known to man. a vintage crop the old tiger duds of 1982 to 2004!

Darth_Tiger said:
rofl that our greatest acomplishment as a team over the last 20 or so years is to produce the best duds known to man. a vintage crop the old tiger duds of 1982 to 2004!

the biggest of them all is hotdogandsauce

The Field of Duds Updated.

Thought i would update it since the decade is over and another fine vintage crop has been shown the door. Anyone object to Jordy Mac being thrown in?

The Field of DUDS for the 00's

Darth Tiger's Field of Duds
Team of the decade

B: Andrew Raines - Patrick Bowden - Jordan McMahon
HB: Adam Houlihan - Jay Schulz - Craig Biddiscombe
C: Aaron Fiora - Tom Roach - Justin Blumfield
HF: Aaron James - Cleve Hughes - Jarod Oakley Nichols.
F: Alex Gilmour - Kent Kingsley - Andrew Krakouer
R: Adam Pattison - Clinton King - Chris Hyde
I/C: Paul Hudson - Trent Knobel - Shane Morrison - Danny Meyer

Feel free to debate my choices. its a free country and i feel particularly passionate about free speech. Anyone wish to nominate some emergencies? Ty Zantuck would have to be one.

Re: The Field of Duds Updated.

Thought i would update it since the decade is over and another fine vintage crop has been shown the door. Anyone object to Jordy Mac being thrown in?

The Field of DUDS for the 00's

Darth Tiger's Field of Duds
Team of the decade

B: Andrew Raines - Patrick Bowden - Jordan McMahon
HB: Adam Houlihan - Jay Schulz - Craig Biddiscombe
C: Aaron Fiora - Tom Roach - Justin Blumfield
HF: Aaron James - Cleve Hughes - Jarod Oakley Nichols.
F: Alex Gilmour - Kent Kingsley - Andrew Krakouer
R: Adam Pattison - Clinton King - Chris Hyde
I/C: Paul Hudson - Trent Knobel - Shane Morrison - Danny Meyer

Feel free to debate my choices. its a free country and i feel particularly passionate about free speech. Anyone wish to nominate some emergencies? Ty Zantuck would have to be one.

Ty wasnt shown up as a dud until he got to Essendon where he has earned a very embarrassing youtube video

[YOUTUBE]_n-kR7XgT1c[/YOUTUBE]

There were many reasons to validate getting rid of him but Dudness doesnt quite fit. ******** certainly does.

I actually feel bad considering three ex-Cats are on that list! Biddiscome (rising star nominee circa 1996), Kent Kingsley (4-time leading goalkicker at the Cats) and Adam Houlihan (Geelong's 2nd compensatory pick from the AFL for losing both Wills and O'Rielly to Freo).

But genuinely, does Kent's three games for the Tigers for two goals elevate him to hall of fame dud-dom above and beyond other more home grown players of the 2000's? Poor Kent!!:p

But genuinely, does Kent's three games for the Tigers for two goals elevate him to hall of fame dud-dom above and beyond other more home grown players of the 2000's? Poor Kent!!:p

Kent was a great player at the cats but he was dud of all duds for us. blumfield makes the team for the same reason. sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love the duds. I remember Clay Sampson missing 15m shots time and time again he probably takes the cake. Simon Fletcher would have to be up there too.

Fletcher and Sampson - would have to add them! Petts actually played some good footy so he escapes imo. Proctor i would like to add, but too many worse candidates who had higher pedigrees. and he didnt survive long into the decade, would have him in the 90s field of duds team.

morrison is on the bench. Weller might have to be content with being an emergency.
Dunno, after all he was picked up last pick in the rookie draft 3 years in a row before we picked him up in the 2004 pre season draft....

Scott Homewood
Martin McGrath
Craig Ednie
Tim Fleming
Daniel Sipthorp
Brent Hartigan
Kyle Archibald
Ben Marsh - ahead of Patto
Dean Limbach

These all deserve spots ahead of Fiora, Schulz, McMahon, Raines, Meyer and Patto

another pathetic thread...someone point me to the culinary board to discuss the worst meal I've ever head, oh no, perhaps point me to the holiday board, I wanna vent my holiday disasters...I care nothing for the WORST players we have ...I support this iconic club for the greats that have spilt blood in Y&B...I don't need reminding of our failures, does this black humour numb the pain????? ...as a staunch TIGER supporter this kinda gag goes down like a cheap whisky ...it's better left in the bottle:eek:

another pathetic thread...someone point me to the culinary board to discuss the worst meal I've ever head, oh no, perhaps point me to the holiday board, I wanna vent my holiday disasters...I care nothing for the WORST players we have ...I support this iconic club for the greats that have spilt blood in Y&B...I don't need reminding of our failures, does this black humour numb the pain????? ...as a staunch TIGER supporter this kinda gag goes down like a cheap whisky ...it's better left in the bottle:eek:

:thumbsu:

Close this rubbish down. Please.

B: David Bourke (C) Paul Bulluss Craig Biddiscombe

HB: Adam Houlihan Royce Vardy Ezra Poyas

C: Aaron Fiora (VC) Ben Moore Justin Blumfield

HF: Billy Nichols Aaron James Clay Sampson

F: Justin Plapp Matthew Manfield Robert Powell

R: Pat Steinfort Simon Fletcher Clinton King

I/C: Paul Hudson Damien Ryan John Rombotis Ashley Blurton

Em Ben Marsh James White Andrew Mills

have posted it on the main board
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142869

Not a bad effort guys, my only comment is if it is the worst team of the 2000's a few of those players did not play for us in the 2000's:

Paul Bulluss – 1998
Ben Moore – 1999
Justin Plapp – 1999
Matthew Manfield – 1998
Damien Ryan – 1998
Ashley Blurton – 1999
Pat Steinfort – I don’t think ever played a senior game
I am happy to be corrected on these but I have listed the year I belived they played there last senior game for us. I am quite sure that Steinfort didn't ever play a game after being drafted in the 1996 draft, but as I say happy to be corrected. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back