Multiplat FIFA 14 Ultimate Team Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

image.jpg

I got to div. 1 and needed a win to not get relegated... came up against this team and made him quit 5-0 in the 60th minute lol can't believe people still try the kick off glitch in div one.. most people I've played are really good at exploiting what's wrong with fifa.. not actually good

Any tips on how to get good? just play heaps?

Im in Div 5.
The main way is just to play heaps. Just make sure everyone in your team is pacey. Also, a few random things I do:

-Stop sprinting. People won't be expecting you to have the brain capacity to take your finger off the sprint trigger.
-Use LB/L1 to stop the ball. Makes your player stop the ball instantly, great to open up space and watch the opposition defenders fly past you.
-Don't get pulled into constant counter-attacking, you can slow the game down and play possession rather than just having a end-to-end fifa crossing contest.

That's all I've got, you're already in Div 5 so you already know what you are doing.

^^ this guy nailed it. playing heaps is what ive done. pace does help but im not a pace abuser and it seems that holding the play up really works well against people who constantly hold sprint.. a little change in direction the the defender goes past you is all you need to open up the pitch. if you boxed in with nowhere to go.. a big switch or even a clearence to give the ball away but in a better position will help you stop leaking goals.

-anticipate the looping thru abusers... i rarely get scored aginst by these (except bloody eto). but running with the player you thiink he will loop it to will shut him down and there goes his entire offensive plan!

-stop sprinting unless your in the clear... if you hold sprint when you about to receive the ball your first touch will be putrid! a quick press of L2 improves you first touch aswell.. especially on long balls like switches or short looping thru balls into the box.

-i dont use skill moves apart from fake shot and fake cross if i dont have space... works sometimes and if it does gives u good space.

-the L1 works a treat and really throws the defender off what your doing. dont use it to much or they will catch on.. but if there anticipating it you can just blow buy them. holding L1 is also helpful for a close dribble. moving slow and waiting for the defender to come to you and then exploding right by him is something i do alot.

-probably the biggest one DONT PULL YOU BACK 4 OUT OF FORMATION!!! you will get opened up every time... nothing i love more than someone constantly pressing in all parts of the ground.

-if someones attacking down the wings and setting up the cross, i like to control one of my centre backs and sit him where the cross will goto and hold R1 so my left or right back auto contains the guy with the ball... he can sometimes get the cross away but i will clear it 9-10. (unless he has mandukic lol)

-last but not least if something is not working for you or one part of the game is frustrating you, google and youtube what your issue is... there is a guide for everything.. thats how i went from being div 6-7 to div 1 in a cpl of months... that a playing a shitload of games!

hope it helped

Looking for some help in FUT offline
  • In Div 1 I can only score goals from crosses (but my heading direction isn't great so miss most of my few opportunities) use a standard 442
  • I conceed most of my goals from penalties for handballs, any solutions
  • All clearances from my attacks go to their strikers in massive amount of space between my mids and def
Thanks in advance

So we're a month out from F15, I figure I may as well spend a couple of weeks on UT, grab a million coins for $30 from a coin seller, fix some holes in a couple of squads and decide to open a couple of packs and the PSN goes down. Get pissy about it, head to bed instead and muck around on the IOS app, pack Ibra and whack him on the market overnight. Sells for 3.3mil.

This would have been an infinitely more awesome story in November.

So we're a month out from F15, I figure I may as well spend a couple of weeks on UT, grab a million coins for $30 from a coin seller, fix some holes in a couple of squads and decide to open a couple of packs and the PSN goes down. Get pissy about it, head to bed instead and muck around on the IOS app, pack Ibra and whack him on the market overnight. Sells for 3.3mil.

This would have been an infinitely more awesome story in November.
u ass hole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back