Multiplat FIFA 14

Remove this Banner Ad

So i started a Be a Pro cause I hadn't really done that yet. By FIFA logic, you are the leagues top scorer but don't make team of the season. So stupid this game.

Also, throw ins are not even worth having as you throw it over your player almost everytime.

Also, the A League is atrocious to play in.

So i started a Be a Pro cause I hadn't really done that yet. By FIFA logic, you are the leagues top scorer but don't make team of the season. So stupid this game.

Also, throw ins are not even worth having as you throw it over your player almost everytime.

Also, the A League is atrocious to play in.
As in it's easy to do well in the A league?

I really enjoy the World Cup game for what it's worth. The EA Sports Talk Radio is great (Andy Goldstein & Ian Darke, or the Men In Blazers chat about your progress during the WC, talk about their all-time WC XI's etc) and the story of qualifying challenges are always great. There are so many different scenarios that can play out.

Considering I won't be buying any more "last-gen" games until I get a PS4 in late 2015, this game of FIFA will hold me out until then quite easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowza! Will be picking that up. Hard to go wrong for $30.

I'm the same as Gibbsy, I normally get a lot of hours out of the world cup games. That will keep me going until I pick up a PS4 some time next year.
Like Gibbsy said, the commentary is good but the gameplay is atrocious. As I started playing be a pro, the difference in gameplay is pretty high. If you can get it for $30 and under, you can probably get something out of it.

Like Gibbsy said, the commentary is good but the gameplay is atrocious. As I started playing be a pro, the difference in gameplay is pretty high. If you can get it for $30 and under, you can probably get something out of it.
Is the game play really that much worse than 14? I never thought 14 was any good so if it's worse, that's some what alarming.

Advice taken :)

Disagree with the above. The World Cup game on PS3 is actually a good football title. I paid $64 for it when it came out which is probably a little too much but at $30 it's a very solid football game. I've had a lot of fun with it. Gameplay wise a little faster then FIFA 14 but there are a few nice additions especially on set pieces. If you're a WC nut like me then it's even more worth the purchase I reckon.

Disagree with the above. The World Cup game on PS3 is actually a good football title. I paid $64 for it when it came out which is probably a little too much but at $30 it's a very solid football game. I've had a lot of fun with it. Gameplay wise a little faster then FIFA 14 but there are a few nice additions especially on set pieces. If you're a WC nut like me then it's even more worth the purchase I reckon.
I did say there were some nice aspects but gameplay wise is where it suffers. I've been every good team and crossing is nowhere near as good as it was in 14 while every time you pass it, it lags behind the player or rarely hits feet. Through balls never go to who you want, and even if you hold the pass button for long enough, they somehow seem to lack strength in their kick.

I have played some co-op Captain Your Country and love that mode.

The other night I played the Story of Qualifying single player, and while that mode is great (despite having some ridiculous scenarios where you need to score 5 goals), the game play was pretty ordinary. Having played a lot of FIFA on PS4 now it is something I just couldn't get in to.

I have played some co-op Captain Your Country and love that mode.

The other night I played the Story of Qualifying single player, and while that mode is great (despite having some ridiculous scenarios where you need to score 5 goals), the game play was pretty ordinary. Having played a lot of FIFA on PS4 now it is something I just couldn't get in to.
For someone that hadn't made the jump to PS4 though, it would be fine right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back