Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does signing Boyata have to do with FFP?

Home-grown player requirement for the CL? It could come into play given the squad size restrictions that Man City face. You have to admit that it's the only reason he got another contract, he's not exactly a top quality player.

I'd imagine the fact he is club trained is exactly the reason he's got an extension. But that would be the case whether we were operating under squad restrictions or not. If anything, the talk from the media is that we'll have a decreased requirement for club trained players under the restrictions.

Despite typeclubs wet dreams, the pinch we are feeling from FFP has so far resultd in the loss of no players, and business as usual.

Looks like Etihad have been getting creative with their accounting:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/avia...oyal-family-loan-revealed-20140522-38pja.html

Very suspect. No repayments to be made until 2027 and no interest payable. Consistently denied government support for the airline and now this. Loans in the airline industry are supposed to be declared so carriers do not get an unfair advantage. Who's to say similar things aren't happening elsewhere in the Abu Dhabi royal family business empire (including man city).

I suppose one could say that 3 billion dollars is a long term investment that will be repaid back in 2035. No wonder UEFA are on to them about FFP if this is how they operate their businesses.

I'd imagine the fact he is club trained is exactly the reason he's got an extension. But that would be the case whether we were operating under squad restrictions or not. If anything, the talk from the media is that we'll have a decreased requirement for club trained players under the restrictions.

Despite typeclubs wet dreams, the pinch we are feeling from FFP has so far resultd in the loss of no players, and business as usual.

I highly doubt you would have resigned Boyata without FFP and future requirements for club trained players. Can't find any info on future requirements but club trained players will always be a requirement. Same reason why you'll hang on to Micah Richards rather than sell. No interest from anyone else in the EPL and very little interest in general at the top level. You'll be paying him for the next two seasons and he'll most likely play the occasional league cup match here and there.

I also predict that you won't be able to buy who you want because of the voluntary cap City have agreed on in the transfer market to ensure you comply with FFP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back