Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of old shat.

City's commercial revenue shouldn't even be a fifth of Uniteds. United have got about 20 times the amount of support City have. Liverpool, arsenal and Chelsea should also have far greater revenue streams.

So bent
Sorry for making too much money for your liking.

Sorry for making too much money for your liking.
You have to admit it's completely crooked though. How can city's commercial value be almost that of Uniteds?

Obviously there's more behind those sponsorship deals than we are aware

You have to admit it's completely crooked though. How can city's commercial value be almost that of Uniteds?

Obviously there's more behind those sponsorship deals than we are aware
I gave you a few reasons why we're doing well. You can choose to ignore them if you like.

I'm not mad, I just think it's ridiculous that's all.

If anyone should be mad it's you Cruyffy with all the players they've poached from you in recent years

Adebayor.
Adebayor was just a standard transfer. We put a bid in, Arsenal were happy to accept it. We agreed personal terms.

Most Arsenal fans hated him after he flashed his knickers to Milan the previous season.

Adebayor was just a standard transfer. We put a bid in, Arsenal were happy to accept it. We agreed personal terms.

Most Arsenal fans hated him after he flashed his knickers to Milan the previous season.

Going off Ade's celebration against Arsenal he was happy to accept too :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

United's net spend to date is 8m pounds with 142m left available. I guess there is the chance that the Glazers will pay off some of the debt. If they used it on the debt, it would fall from 382m to 240m pounds with annual interest falling from 20m pounds to 12.6m pounds.

United's net spend to date is 8m pounds with 142m left available. I guess there is the chance that the Glazers will pay off some of the debt. If they used it on the debt, it would fall from 382m to 240m pounds with annual interest falling from 20m pounds to 12.6m pounds.

The Glazers could just pay the debt off in full now, if they wanted...

Ultimately they want to sell the club at a profit long term. Better off letting new owners pay out debts incurred.
Debt is cheaper than equity so rolling the debt is more than likely. However, as the debt is so cheap now, it could be a good time to pay it off (some of it off). The GFC farked them because debt became ridiculously expensive.

Quite asstounding the revenue growth of 300% in 5 years. The sheik in doing some great work.

The money you make from commercial revenue is pretty impressive.

Not difficult when you are trading with a company owned by the brother of the Sheikh.

Quite asstounding the revenue growth of 300% in 5 years. The sheik in doing some great work.

The money you make from commercial revenue is pretty impressive.
Some good deals this past 12 months as well. Major deals with the likes of SAP, Nissan, Citigroup in the past year plus a load of smaller foreign deals like Man United are doing. I'd expect a big increase again in this set of accounts, and then a good doubling of Etihad/Nike deals the year after.

We put a lot of resources into our commercial department and it's really starting to show rewards.

maybe they could be nice enough to bump the deal up to market value

400m is market value and then some. You are not a bigger club commercially than Arsenal who receive less for naming rights. They don't have the advantage of dealing with a company who's owner is the brother of their owner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back