Fox Footy Live on xbox360

Remove this Banner Ad

jack son 5

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2011
melb
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sorry if this has been mentioned. I just wanted to pass on the information.

I went to sign up to fox footy on xbox today, and when the site asked for my post code (3441) it said fox on xbox is not available in my area. I thought stuff it, it's only $20, I will give it a try. I signed up and used a fake post code for my address. It works fine. I rang foxtel and they said that it should not be working. I am watching fox footy live on high quality now, no buffering at all. I'm with bigpond/wireless.

As I said, I just wanted to pass this on, as foxtel are full of crap. If you want more info, please feel free to ask. I must point out, I took a chance as foxtel told me it wasn't possible. I can't say it will work for you.

I shouldn't say foxtel are full of crap, as I shouldn't bad mouth their workers. They are just trying to do their jobs. I apologize for the comment.

Yeah, I hooked my parents up with Foxtel for 360 as they had a terrible experience with Austar a decade ago and refuse to go back. Just pump in any address in the metropolitan areas.

$20 a month for the basic package and we still have tightarses complaining about how they can't afford 9 games live a week.

Is it just for foxtel subscribers and can anyone use it? Any contract?

Telstra have a basic standard that has to be adhered to nationally in order to qualify for some services, that doesnt mean they wont run on them. It means Telstra staff and automated services are required to refuse requests that dont meet the standards.

Its "one size fits all" policy is partly why ADSL2 cant be granted on some technologies or at certain distances.

$20 a month for the basic package and we still have tightarses complaining about how they can't afford 9 games live a week.

You have to pay $30pm to sign up to the standard+sports pack, THEN you need to pay an additional $20 a month to purchase an AFL pack, and on top of all that you need a decent internet plan so it doesn't chew through your limit.

I'm sorry but the only reason my arse is tight right now is because I'm not letting foxtel/telstra f*** it.

You have to pay $30pm to sign up to the standard+sports pack, THEN you need to pay an additional $20 a month to purchase an AFL pack, and on top of all that you need a decent internet plan so it doesn't chew through your limit.

I'm sorry but the only reason my arse is tight right now is because I'm not letting foxtel/telstra f*** it.

Enjoy your standard def, ad heavy, few near live games each week

Fair call, but it beats paying a minimum of $800 a year for footy on foxtel for 12 months. I can't afford foxtel right now, and have found a way to do it on the cheap. There are months Melbourne games are covered and I can turn it off. If anything, telstra are doing it a favour by not charging streaming. I'm happy with what I have, and I hope outer suburb people have read this thread that have been refused the service, and can maybe access it now.

I picked up an xbox for $149.
Signed up to xbox live gold for $59 (it's $1 per month for 2 months ATM)
Payed $100 for the whole season, every game live + $100 for basic package. I get 36 channels.

All up, it's less than HALF the price of Foxtel with sport for 12 months and I get an xbox out of it. Plus I can cancel at any time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do we have to pay an extra $20 when it was stated with the new broadcast agreement that current subscribers will get it for free?

Only this month they separated the sports channels and the 'AFL Play' channel. You now need to spend $20pm on top of your normal sports package ($10 pm) to watch Live football.

Fair call, but it beats paying a minimum of $800 a year for footy on foxtel for 12 months.

No doubt, it's definitely more cost effective than normal foxtel, and no contracts is good as well.

Just got AFL live on my mobile.

Usually the first person to stick the boot in and sure there are improvements that could be made to the service but $50 (added to my bill), for access to every game this season live is pretty solid.

If I had more cash though I'd def get it through the xbox.

I might try that today. Think my XBL ran out a month ago and have been working too much to renew. So I'm guessing you'd sign on to that, enable the foxtel option, pay, and then does it go through Internet data or what..
Is it a lock in contract?
Sorry if thsee are obvious questions, am out ATM so don't have my xbox close enough to bother checking.

I might try that today. Think my XBL ran out a month ago and have been working too much to renew. So I'm guessing you'd sign on to that, enable the foxtel option, pay, and then does it go through Internet data or what..
Is it a lock in contract?
Sorry if thsee are obvious questions, am out ATM so don't have my xbox close enough to bother checking.
Get Xbox Gold->Subscribe for Xbox Foxtel->Watch

Goes through Internet data, but if you're with Bigpond it's unmetered. And no lock in contract.

Yeah, need your Xbox Gold membership.

No contract. You just pay each month and then back out as soon as you don't want it anymore.

Don't you already have foxtel?

Brilliant. So no set up or anything required either.
No I dont have foxtel...

Get Xbox Gold->Subscribe for Xbox Foxtel->Watch

Goes through Internet data, but if you're with Bigpond it's unmetered. And no lock in contract.

Per game how many mbs is that roughly? I think I have 50G for peak hour and 70 off. Is their anyway you can record and watch later?

Just got AFL live on my mobile.

Usually the first person to stick the boot in and sure there are improvements that could be made to the service but $50 (added to my bill), for access to every game this season live is pretty solid.

If I had more cash though I'd def get it through the xbox.

Done the same on my iPad, streamed pretty well but did cut out from time to time or the video died while sound remained. For 50 for the entire season though, not too shabby.

Brilliant. So no set up or anything required either.
No I dont have foxtel...

Per game how many mbs is that roughly? I think I have 50G for peak hour and 70 off. Is their anyway you can record and watch later?
Was at the game last night so couldn't tell you.

And as far as I can tell, no way of recording like with IQ.

http://www.foxtel.com.au/xbox/faqs/default.htm

11. How will FOXTEL on Xbox 360 affect my internet charges?

FOXTEL on Xbox 360 Live TV channels, Catch Up TV content and FOXTEL On Demand services are unmetered to Telstra BigPond Broadband customers*. For other Internet Service Providers data transferred is offset against your data plan as indicated below.
Live TV High Quality: approx 800 MB per hour
Live TV Med Quality: approx 540 MB per hour
Live TV Low Quality: approx 360 MB per hour
Catch Up TV: approx 800 MB per hour
On Demand: approx 800 MB per hour

You should verify that your current Internet plan provides enough data usage per month (how much you download) and sufficient data speed (how quickly things download) to support your viewing habits and ensure you get the best experience possible.

Your current Internet Service provider (ISP) will be able to provide your current data plan. Data usage per month is typically measured as GB (Gigabytes), and speed is usually measured as Mbps (Megabits per second) or Kbps.

We recommend a minimum Internet data speed of 2.0Mbps when watching FOXTEL on Xbox 360.

Are you well short of your 50GB limit at the moment Vonn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back