Foxtel or Channel 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

pethouse

Rookie
Sep 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interest to hear the preferred viewing for those not going to the game. Fortunately I have the Fox Footy channel, but I am still unsure which telecast I will be watching.
Definitely don't like the commercials, but I find the Foxtel commentators annoying. They more than often get the players wrong and they talk among each other during the game, thus missing player acknowledgement.
I'm thinking Channel 7 with a quick switch to Foxtel during commercials

Seriously Brucetiki? Same commentators? I was hoping at least that 7 would have separate calling. Shite!

It is similar to a regular season Crows game that Seven show from a FOX feed. It might have Dittmar/Abernathy and Jars before the bounce, but will have Dwayne and the like calling the game. It's just a FOX feed, but Seven have been kind enough to show it as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have Foxtel HD its a no brainer.

Footy in HD on Foxtel

Footy in SD on Ch 7.

I can't see myself watching a game on Ch 7 all year, unless it's one to which Foxtel don't have the rights, and isn't that only the GF?

I'll be at the game, but FWIW I'm recording Fox Footy..
I'm not paying for Foxtel to then watch footy on FTA - what waste of money!:eek: Only time I'll be watching it on FTA is on Grand Final Day.

I'm fine with pretty much every TV match caller going around bar Eddie. Sure, I like Dennis and BT more than the rest, and wish Foxtel had picked up Kelli Underwood to replace BT instead of Hudson, but otherwise they're all good at the play by play, all have a good callers voice and are entertaining in their own way.

Special comments, now that's a whole different kettle of fish. The less the world hears from Robert Walls the better, and Glen Jakovich.

Match calling is by far the harder of the two positions, requiring a strong and resilient voice, the ability to speak quickly without tripping over your tongue, a good head for identifying players from both number and appearance, and the ability to read the play well enough to be able to say what's happening as it happens, because you've predicted it coming.

Special comments requires more in depth knowledge of the game, and an ability to articulate your thoughts well, after the fact rather than during the play. Reading out exactly what just happened and pretending it's startling insight is not special comments Robert, it's me rewinding and replaying the bit of play with FoxtelIQ.

I'll be watching it on Fox Footy anyway, no ads, HD, no competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back