Analysis Fremantle's assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to get the Hawks forward coach, the Hawk players just don't miss.

Having a look at the Hawks staff and they seem to have huge resources.

Alastair Clarkson - Senior Coach
Brendon Bolton - Assistant Coach
Cameron Bruce - Assistant Coach
Brett Ratten - Assistant Coach
Adem Yze - Assistant Coach
Damian Monkhorst - Ruck Coach
David Rath - Head of Coaching Services
Damian Caroll - Head of Development Academy
John Wardrop - Opposition Analyst
Robert McCartney - Development Coach
Andrew Russell - Head Fitness Coach
Phil Merriman - Rehab and Conditioning Coach
Luke Boyd - Strength and Conditioning Coach
Nikki Smart - Data Analyst
Ric Sprake - Team Manager
Jason Burt - Football Administration and Player Welfare Services Manager
Cam Matthews - Player Development Manager

Andrew Lambart - Physiotherapist
Anthony Fernon - Physiotherapist
Adam Castricum - Doctor
Michael Makdissi - Doctor
Simone Austin - Dietician
Nicki Quigley - Podiatrist
Actually they do miss, the PF and the GF this year were an anomaly for them in Finals. Take a look back at their previous Finals campaigns. I believe Cameron Bruce is the forward coach.

We need a goal kicking coach. Can't they hire someone to workshop that over pre-season even?

Our other skills are atrocious under pressure, but it's the lack of finish that kills us.

This shitty pass-it-on-and-play-to-percentages has to go.

Rumour is Levi Casboult is looking for a new home. Start him as a KPF then transition to forward coach?

I might be missing the joke, but Casboult is 25 years old and an amazing contested mark. If we got him we would have 3 of the top 5 contested marks in the game; Sandilands, Fyfe and Casboult.

I understand he's a terrible set shot though. But in the last 12 months seems to have improved a lot.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-10-23/fremantle-add-premiership-trio-to-coaching-group

Fremantle has added premiership players David Hale, Brent Guerra and Anthony Rock to its coaching group for season 2016.

General manager of football operations Chris Bond said the highly regarded trio would bring a wealth of football experience and knowledge to the club.

“David, Brent and Anthony each have key football and coaching qualities, and will be valuable additions to our club,” he said.

“They have decades of experience at the game’s most elite level and we look forward to them joining our coaching team and the valuable input they will have at the club.”

Hale, who recently retired after his third premiership with Hawthorn, said he was excited to head straight into a coaching role after 237 AFL games with the Hawks and North Melbourne.

“Fremantle have a very talented list and experienced coaching group which I’m looking forward to being part of,” he said.

Guerra, a two-time premiership player at Hawthorn, has had a number of coaching roles since he retired in 2013 after 255 games with the Hawks, Port Adelaide and St Kilda.

“To work alongside Ross Lyon and the other coaches is an exciting opportunity and challenge,” he said.

Rock has spent more than a decade coaching at AFL, VFL and TAC level.

He was part of North Melbourne’s 1996 premiership team and played 222 games for the Kangaroos and Hawthorn.

“I enjoy watching the young players develop and can’t wait to join Fremantle in the next chapter of my coaching career,” he said.

The trio will replace former assistant coaches Simon Lloyd and Brett Kirk who departed the club following this year’s finals series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes all is not lost, excellent recruitments, well done by the club, hope Hale helps out with the forward line.

I was just thinking about bumping this thread this morning, after reading all the handwringing fall out with Cam.

This is actually the more important bit to get right, and it's interesting that 2/3 of our new assistants are from the Hawthorn system.

How is Hale's kicking mechanics?

Hopefully for Hale he doesn't bring his boots over with him, he just may get a game! Good mix of guys to bring in though!
Not the most talented group going around, but certainly smart enough or determined enough to get everything out of themselves!(as players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back