Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if his initial intention was to take off at the expiry of his contract. Now over time(alot) he's gradually come round that this is not such a bad place. Imo it'll be a 3 year contract in front of him, so a big decision for him. That's my take on it anyway.:)You don't necessarily have to fall in love with your club straight away.
Buuuuuut, I'm certainly over this waiting.(for him to tell us he's leaving:p)

Apparently the decision will be made Fridya

I wouldn't be surprised if his initial intention was to take off at the expiry of his contract. Now over time(alot) he's gradually come round that this is not such a bad place. Imo it'll be a 3 year contract in front of him, so a big decision for him. That's my take on it anyway.:)You don't necessarily have to fall in love with your club straight away.
Buuuuuut, I'm certainly over this waiting.(for him to tell us he's leaving:p)

Agreed.

I like Aish view:
1. didn't clear the locker - yay
2. didn't confirm he wants to leave yet - yay
3. Season's over and still has not said anything about preferred club - yay
4. Took the training plan with him and showed up for exit interview - yay and bloody yay

I don't like Aish view:
1. Delayed contract for 12 months - D'oh
2. Kept deliberating for too long - D'oh
3. Rumours about floating a 1 year deal - D'ohhhhh
4. Wants go Melbourne and play for FIGJAM - Ewwwwww ******* campaigner.

Keep twisting and turning between these points :D:D

Agreed.
I don't like Aish view:
1. Delayed contract for 12 months - D'oh
2. Kept deliberating for too long - D'oh
3. Rumours about floating a 1 year deal - D'ohhhhh
4. Wants go Melbourne and play for FIGJAM - Ewwwwww ******* campaigner.

Keep twisting and turning between these points :D:D

Uq9lETX.gif

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!!

Not sure if anyone has posted as yet but on the radio this morning Rddie seemed like he new Aish was leaving Brisbane. I think he is gone unless he genuinely can't make up his mind.

I just listened to it and he did seem a little smug but that is Eddie. If you listen to the convo just before it he is saying "trelor will find his way to collingwood" and in the next sentence he is saying that the saints will need to offer something pretty good to get Freeman. He is always a smug person!! We will find out by tomorrow i guess!

I just listened to it and he did seem a little smug but that is Eddie. If you listen to the convo just before it he is saying "trelor will find his way to collingwood" and in the next sentence he is saying that the saints will need to offer something pretty good to get Freeman. He is always a smug person!! We will find out by tomorrow i guess!
Do you have a link to the interview by any chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I kinda want to see him go just to see how we go about the trade. I am not 100 sure Leigh's "he won't be traded under any circumstance" threat will play out, but we are definitely gearing up to play hard ball. It's clear that Swann and Leigh see it as some sort of line in the sand moment.

It's not our problem if Collingwood trade all their tuck shop money for Treloar. The onus is on them to get the deal done or we will be well within our rights to send him to the draft. Collingwood are generally pretty reasonable in that regard, but it's hard to work out what would satisfy us. Schwab seemed to suggest the other day that we are all about the draft picks. Whatever they get for Freeman would be the starting point, but it would take a bit more.

We could, but I doubt it.
Does anyone know what happens with Collingwoods ability to trade future picks if they also get a future pick in for one of their players going out this year? Hypothetically would they be able to trade a future pick they get of the Saints, plus either their own first or second round pick in 2016? Are there restrictions on how many future picks you can receive or only on how many you can trade out for one year.

Unless we send a second rounder back to them to help pay for Treloar.

Just thinking out loud.

Yeah, for us to get value from that trade we'd basically be gambling on us rising a little up the ladder and the Pies stagnating or dropping.

I presume you mean us sending next year's second rounder back, not this year's?

Yeah, for us to get value from that trade we'd basically be gambling on us rising a little up the ladder and the Pies stagnating or dropping.

I presume you mean us sending next year's second rounder back, not this year's?
Depends on what GWS want. If it were this year, it may not be our existing 2nd, but another we were gaining. Again, I haven't crunched any numbers. Just floating it as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back