Fyfe on Duryea

Remove this Banner Ad

It was intentional (only in that Fyfe knew what he was doing (will be classified as careless)) and was meant to hurt Duryea, but not really meant to injure. I don't like it but I doubt the MRP will suspend the raging Brownlow favourite for that. If it was someone else though...

Deserves a week for stupidity once again (see tripping incident earlier this year) but under the normal chook lotto system would only warrant a fine this year.
Regardless, the AFL will not let him do time - they have had enough embarrassment this year without their runaway Brownlow winner being ineligible.
And before anyone cries "conspiracy theory" - Luke Ball has admitted that Mark Evans was in the room during their deliberation of the Buddy Franklin decision two weeks ago !!!

Loving the people defending Fyfe and Duckwood that want Mitchell suspended for a knee on knee incident where Fyfe ran passed the ball to get Mitchell and caused the contact. And then there's the Collingwood folk comparing Mitchell to Adams. The bitterness and obsession is officially at scary levels.

fyfe did not have his eyes on the player at point of contact so intentional is out. just a clumsy spoil. look at the photo. and the impact at best was hardly worth a cough. not a chance in hell of being suspended and those who thinks so are either have an agenda or underestimate Channel 7. Hodge had the temerity to have a go at Fyfe. it aint a deliberate elbow you doofus

50m penalty, good call.

I would be gutted if it was a hawks player and they missed out on a bronlow for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know the AFL is corrupt and they will do everything in their power to ensure he gets off. I'd hate to see it happen but that's the rules. You can't have other players miss weeks for the same thing and give Fyfe a fine.

Am more interesting in seeing how he gets off when he inevitably performs his 3rd stupid act and therefore gets a week. Some rule about the incident in isolation not being worth a week therefore okay, but rather cumulatively?

He will have to decapitate someone to get rubbed out this year.

Watching with interest. In still pics looks like a fine. In real time looks a bit ordinary. Played the game out like a man reported.
Not the first time he has "played the game out like a man reported"
Could go down as one of the greatest, smartest, dumbest players of all time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back