Game day information leaked by Dogs player to Adelaide before Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/26/talia-cleared-by-afl-leak-investigation/
In giving evidence to investigators, Michael confirmed he had a phone conversation with his brother and also exchanged several texts in the week leading up to the elimination final, with a potential match-up between Daniel and Dogs forward Jake Stringer discussed.

So MT was told that we were going to play DT on Stringer? No wonder the overran us early!

Time to strip the Bulldogs of some draft picks.

Hahahahahaha

Strip the dogs of draft picks because we asked for an investigation.

Can't see any signs of us cheating!
No signs, they've admitted that they discussed DT playing on Stringer. The forwards don't choose who they play on, the defenders are assigned forwards, the only information we know has been exchanged has gone in one direction and that's Adelaide -> Bulldogs.

No signs, they've admitted that they discussed DT playing on Stringer. The forwards don't choose who they play on, the defenders are assigned forwards, the only information we know has been exchanged has gone in one direction and that's Adelaide -> Bulldogs.

So what your saying is that Daniel Talia should face sanction for passing on information to his brother.

Maybe he should be sacked.

So what your saying is that Daniel Talia should face sanction for passing on information to his brother.

Maybe he should be sacked.
Of course not. Our player sharing sensitive information is a WB/AFL issue, it has nothing to do with us!

Who knows who MT passed that on to. The entire Bulldogs squad should hand their mobiles over to me to go through all their text messages. If they haven't received that info then they've got nothing to hide, right? They should totally be up for me reading their private conversations to clear them of my accusations.

Of course not. Our player sharing sensitive information is a WB/AFL issue, it has nothing to do with us!

Who knows who MT passed that on to. The entire Bulldogs squad should hand their mobiles over to me to go through all their text messages. If they haven't received that info then they've got nothing to hide, right? They should totally be up for me reading their private conversations to clear them of my accusations.

Your logic is unbelievably stupid. Good troll effort would certainly read again :rolleyes:

If there is any evidence that the Dogs' coaching panel knew Talia would line up on Stringer, they all need to be suspended and the club fined.

No wonder they were all over us in the first quarter. I kept seeing them reacting to our moves before we'd even made them!

Your logic is unbelievably stupid. Good troll effort would certainly read again :rolleyes:

About time a doggies supporter realised this after the last 2 months.

About time a doggies supporter realised this after the last 2 months.

Are you suggesting that when a player from an opposition club insists for close to 2 months that their was a substantial leak and that all potential evidence was "destroyed/went missing" that fans from the club who initiated the investigation aren't going to have raised eyebrows.

If one of our players went to your club and said Daniel Talia had passed on information to Michael Talia (irrespective of the result) then you would probably be carrying out an investigation too, to find out the magnitude of the problem.

FWIW I'm certainly in the camp that Adelaide as a football club didnt do anything wrong, but most certainly the AFL have produced a cover up job on this investigation and what two or three players knew about this has been covered up.

Are you suggesting that when a player from an opposition club insists for close to 2 months that their was a substantial leak and that all potential evidence was "destroyed/went missing" that fans from the club who initiated the investigation aren't going to have raised eyebrows.

If one of our players went to your club and said Daniel Talia had passed on information to Michael Talia (irrespective of the result) then you would probably be carrying out an investigation too, to find out the magnitude of the problem.

No, I'm suggesting simply what my sentence said.

What that we were reacting to your moves even though we kicked the first 3 goals of the game??
No, that it's about time that a doggies supporter realised that the above logic, as caricatured by Niximus , is unbelievably stupid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frank Underwood is all safe then if all you have to do is just delete the text messages.

anyone figured out a viable reason yet that someone would sabotage their club arbitrarily, stand by their comments that info was passed on? It's public knowledge that this is what happened. Lucky he was telling a hilarious joke. Lucky the investigators got that out of him after a few goes at it. He's just so funny that he stood by his comments for serious until the good investigators found him out

Don't think the AFL could have investigated text messages between the brothers even if they both "lost" all the data?

Surely if they didn't have anything to hide the talia's could have produced the evidence (which isn't that hard to get) and if aquitted demanded an apology or some form of damages.
I don't know about you but I wouldn't like the messages I privately send to whomever (mates/family) to be viewed by others. I choose to send them privately, if i was happy for others to know i would just post them on facebook.

Even if the messages have been deleted the AFL has no right over them. they are messages on personal devices.

If someone accused me of something and the only way I could clear my messages is to show them all I wouldn't, because they are personal and I am innocent until proven guilty.

Sure the AFL might technically be able to take M & D Talia to court to go to their phone provider and get the messages back, but the high chance of them suing the AFL and Western Bulldogs for a massive amount of money is highly likely.

given he had no case to answer, has there been an apology to Talia from the dogs?

I was sure he was getting life based on the hysterics from dog people.
Why should there be?
We reported a matter to the AFL Integrity Unit that was not unreasonable, as it was not known that Cheney was joking (and if Cheney did admit he was joking straight away, we would have apologised), we didn't actually name Talia himself, we offered him a nominal contract to remain with the club and we facilitated a trade for him at a net loss in terms of draft picks instead of just delisting him. What exactly have we done wrong?

Going by your logic, we should be apologising to Talia because Cheney only came out weeks later and stated he was joking. Where's the logic in that?

And of course, this is going on by what's "official". I bet internally we damn well know what actually happened.

Why should there be?
We reported a matter to the AFL Integrity Unit that was not unreasonable, as it was not known that Cheney was joking (and if Cheney did admit he was joking straight away, we would have apologised), we didn't actually name Talia himself, we offered him a nominal contract to remain with the club and we facilitated a trade for him at a net loss in terms of draft picks instead of just delisting him. What exactly have we done wrong?

Going by your logic, we should be apologising to Talia because Cheney only came out weeks later and stated he was joking. Where's the logic in that?

And of course, this is going on by what's "official". I bet internally we damn well know what actually happened.

You obviously didn't hear Luke Darcy's hysterics. He was quite clear the club were filthy on Talia and basically questioned his character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back