FTA-TV Game of Thrones - Season 5 [WARNING: BOOK READERS ONLY]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it was Bronn. The whole Dorne storyline is terrible (on the show). Kind of thought Sansa would happen, not really necessary but going for shock factor clearly. Some pretty impressive acting from Alfie Allen.

Next level zinger form this week - Adebisi debuting with just about the greatest line ever being the highlight.

Love how the Kings Landing plot-line is coming together - the more Queen of Thorns we get, the better.

Love the slow-burn job Lena Headey is doing illustrating how Cersei should really, really never be left in charge of anything. Pisses off Kevan one week, arms the faith militant the nest, pisses off the Tyrells the next. The little smug, self-satisfied moments she's getting in are going to make it all the more glorious when her plans all fall to bits. Be interesting to see how similarly it plays out to the books. Plus Mountainstein/Robert Strong to come.

North is interesting - I'm actually starting to like Aiden Gillen's Littlefinger and all the ridiculous scheming. Ramsay is, of course, outstandingly evil - was expecting that scene to be far worse (and it was pretty ****ing horrible). I haven't read ADWD for a couple of years, but my recollection is that he forces Theon to "join in" to a degree?

Dorne - meh. The fact we're going to see more of Doran and whatever the TV equivalent of his long game is has me holding out hope. Plus the fact we've got Jamie and Bronn now locked up down there instead of the ludicrously uninteresting Kingsguard knights. I'm interested to see if they end up taking the place of Connington/Aegon as the army invading Westeros at the end of the season - there needs to be some external threat to add to the overall instability being built up so well in the capital.

Braavos - great visually and performance-wise. Just disappointingly slow with the plot.

Like where Mereen is going - if solely for the fact that all signs point to us finally getting a Tyrion/Dany meeting after a decade of teasing from GRRM.

This sums is up:

0hcquE8.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what're everyone's thoughts on the whole "omg Sansa was raped this show has gone too far there was no need for that I'm never watching again" comments/articles?

I really don't get it.

I didn't really care on account of what happens to fArya is far worse, I thought it was kind of tame in comparison. Then I remembered Sansa is still a virgin and thought, well, gee, that seems like a horrible character betrayal, and what D&D are doing to her is far worse than anything Ramsay can do.

I actually really loved that episode, probably the best of the season.

I feel that Jorah/tyrion is back on track after detouring for Joncon's storyline.

The Queen is thrown in jail, which is back on track. I can see why the gay thing is better than Margery's virginity. Things are back on track, Lancel is totally going to bring cersei down.

I think they cleaned up Littlefinger's storyline. I wonder if the vale stuff is future book spoilers?

I can see where they are going with Arya, her story in feast was always going to be hard without any other characters to move it along. Now it's starting to come together

I thought the show handled the wedding night well. It could have been worse for her, but hopefully they don't make Ramsay destroy her before she is rescued/rescues reek. Obviously they didn't want to show Sophie naked so my favourite line "but my lord....I can't" was cut.

Still not sure what's happening in dorne. New myrcella was good though, trystane was like a young Oberyn. Without LSH, they have no idea what to do for Jaime. I hope they don't waste too much time on him...

So what're everyone's thoughts on the whole "omg Sansa was raped this show has gone too far there was no need for that I'm never watching again" comments/articles?

I really don't get it.

Nah me either. The thing I really, really don't get that I've heard multiple times is that it served no purpose. I guess if you hadn't read the books the thought might cross your mind, but there's a pretty big hint in the cinematography (ie focusing on Theon and his horror/revulsion) that this is the act the galvanizes Theon into growing a pair (pun intended) and attempting a rescue. But I've heard this 'served no purpose' thing from commentators who have read the books too and its like, wtf? :drunk:

And even if you hadn't read the books, you know Brienne and Pod are camped just outside Winterfell and still set on rescuing Sansa. Next time she sees them, I doubt that Sansa will be brushing them off like she did in their first meeting. No purpose my arse.

Another related comment I heard re: book vs show that maybe someone can confirm for me, been so long since I read the books; someone was concerned that there are now 3 main female characters who get raped on the show that didn't in the books (Dany, Cersei and Sansa). Umm Dany and Cersei most definitely got raped in the books didn't they? Or have I got that completely wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back