GAME OVER! Thoughts on game...

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthCrow said:
Just on those calling for Bock please remember the kid knows he is playing for his future and there will be some skill errors. Play him for 3 more games and then make judgement.

yeah good call PC. I would give Bock 3 more games and see how he goes. Although the early signs aren't promising.

snakebite01 said:
Maybe Springy we can nominate someone to ask NC this question. It's painfully obvious to all of us he would be of best value to the team as a forward, he kicked 50 goals from FF in half a season FFS. Maybe we can ask him on the next "Ask Neil" segment on the AFC website or else in that 1 question per week thing to NC at the press conference from As the Crows Fly.

Good luck mate. I look forward to hearing what reponse you get back. :D

maccas_no1 said:
Didnt he have 30 odd possie's last night???

Edwards did but he's usually one of those guys that you breathe a sigh of relief when he has the ball (like Roo, Goodwin, McLeod, Rutten) but not happening to me lately. Mind you, your hearts not in your mouth like it is when Perrie, Biglands or Bassett are looking to do something vaguely constructive with the ball.

SpringChoke said:
I made this point in another thread. reilly is going backwards since Burton came back into the team. If you were forward, who would you prefer delivering the ball to you from the wing, Burton or reilly??

Hoping this is not a rhetorical question ;) ? But you would have to allow Brent Reilly to kick it other then Bret Burton.

Stiffy_18 said:
Yes but he suffered from Burton syndrome. He wasted about 20 of those. :rolleyes:

You labeled Jericho as a pretender, have you actually watched him play last night. He did very well especially in the 4th quarter which can't be said for him fellow forwards.

Jericho as whole package is a pretender, you say he played alright in the 4th quarter, what about the rest of the game??? He didnt kick any goals, so how can he have done better than any of the other forwards????

Not having a go at you stiffy, but IMO Jericho is rubbish.

maccas_no1 said:
Jericho as whole package is a pretender, you say he played alright in the 4th quarter, what about the rest of the game??? He didnt kick any goals, so how can he have done better than any of the other forwards????

Jericho was only on for a half and he did kick a goal and also gave one off to Roo in the last quarter. His hands the other night were extremely clean and he looked lively.

IMO, he our best forward the other night considering how long he was on for.

Kane McGoodwin said:
Jericho shoulöd now be given a decent go for a few games to see whether he has what it takes. No doubt has some ability - just needs to rid the softness. He is only young still, so should be given some time to develop.

The same should go for Nathan Bock as well as Luke Jericho (now they are selected) they have to allow to settle down in one position and learn the trade of an AFL forward. After 10 games (in a row from now) if they are not showing just a tad bit of improvement then it will be time to move them back to SANFL and bring in Fergus Watts and John Meesen. Group the kids together and play two at a time.

maccas_no1 said:

Jericho was rotated on and off the bench for most of the night.

He kicked 1.1 and had 3 goal assists. Thats maximum return for minimum possesions which is a lot more than I can say for his fellow forwards.

I think you will have egg all over your face on this one mate. For a 20 year old he has done a reasonable job for us ;)

Stiffy_18 said:
Jericho was rotated on and off the bench for most of the night.

He kicked 1.1 and had 3 goal assists. Thats maximum return for minimum possesions which is a lot more than I can say for his fellow forwards.

I think you will have egg all over your face on this one mate. For a 20 year old he has done a reasonable job for us ;)

I have egg on my face on his performance on Saturday night but overall, no he is rubbish.

Stiffy_18 said:
For a 20 year old he has done a reasonable job for us ;)

When he went for that hanger in the goalsquare when we were 2 points down in the last, I turned to the person beside me and noted, "if he'd taken that he'd never have to buy beer in this town again."

Perhaps it's lucky he didn't ;)

Stiffy_18 said:
Bookmarked ;)

Top Work
:p

These are the players ATM that are really disapointing and the AFC need top have the balls and either get the best possible trade for them or delist them at season's end:

Perrie, Burton, Ladhams, Bock, Bode, Schuback, Skipworth, Begely, Massie and Jericho, all have had their chance all have continually failed to deliver that is a huge lsit of duds, and thses are all in our 2nd teir group :rolleyes:

Hentschel is borderline but could join that list if he dont improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dyertribe said:
When he went for that hanger in the goalsquare when we were 2 points down in the last, I turned to the person beside me and noted, "if he'd taken that he'd never have to buy beer in this town again."

Perhaps it's lucky he didn't ;)
He came pretty close thought :p

When he flew for that I actually yelled out "Modraaaaaaa" :p

maccas_no1 said:
Top Work
:p

These are the players ATM that are really disapointing and the AFC need top have the balls and either get the best possible trade for them or delist them at season's end:

Perrie, Burton, Ladhams, Bock, Bode, Schuback, Skipworth, Begely, Massie and Jericho, all have had their chance all have continually failed to deliver that is a huge lsit of duds, and thses are all in our 2nd teir group :rolleyes:

Hentschel is borderline but could join that list if he dont improve.
Aren't you fickle.

Jericho played his first year for the year after limited pre-season because of groin operation. Hentschel is out of form. You are mistaking being out of form and not having the ability.

Schuback has been injured so how can he disappoint when he just got back from injury. Ladhams is playing good footy in SANFL and deserves a recall more than other player.

So if Jericho plays well for the rest of the year and Hentschel remains his form then would you say they are duds??????

Both of these are young players who have shown some real signs and they have both played less than 30 AFL games each.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back