Gavin Crosisca : Grog and drugs cost me the lot

Remove this Banner Ad

Prior to this story I had no idea AFL players took drugs! Thanks for the news Eddie. A washed up has been of a player who was never a star has confessed all. Imagine the impact if a premiership player, multiple AA winner, ex club captain and brownlow medalist came out in his prime and admitted to being an addict!

Wow, because only a select few AFL players dabble in drugs.... If anything, Essendon should feel more ashamed for the 1990 performance given one of the Pies players was high on weed
What Essendon should be ashamed of is trying to drag the Pies back with going the knuckle and failing dismally at that too.

I think Eddie thinks anything to do with Collingwood is earth shattering.

I hope Crosisca can keep away from it in the future and can get involved in footy again.

But Eddie's idea of a major story has been way out for about 15 years now.
Eddie is no different to every other player in our pathetic excuse for a media industry - he just has a higher profile because he's also the Pres of the highest profile club in the land.

Prior to this story I had no idea AFL players took drugs! Thanks for the news Eddie. A washed up has been of a player who was never a star has confessed all. Imagine the impact if a premiership player, multiple AA winner, ex club captain and brownlow medalist came out in his prime and admitted to being an addict!
Imagine the joy of an eagles supporter at being able to deflect some of the s**t stains from his own club.

mmm I'm finding holes all through this story
"It was just out of the blue, going to a one-day cricket match at the end of 1989. Talking about Speed
It was a once off and then the next taste I had was in our Grand Final celebrations." 1990
"As my career ended I was able to move on to the drug of choice, speed. It then took over my life.????
Very convenient line that one

His career ended in 2000, so he is saying he never took Speed for the next 10 years of his playing career?

Cannibis is a downer drug, Speed is an upper which characteristics are almost the complete opposite effect.
So Crosisca wanted to be on a downer during his playing career and not have that euphoric feeling of wakefulness and induce alertness while playing?
Downers are often used after taking uppers, to reduce the anxiety/hangover which often appears after taking the uppers.
I am sorry for his addiciton, but i'm not buying the story that this was not taking place whilst he was playing.

This is the problem with expectations.

Is it a decent story? Yep - there is certainly a lot of relevant information in today's footy world.

Is it a massive, biggest story in 30 years type thing? Hardly.

Good luck to Gavin, i hope all goes well for him

Wow and here I was convinced that Ben Cousins was the very first person ever at a football club to take drugs, yet it seems it has happened before. Finally there is one other person!!!!

How could this happen in our sport??

lol
The utter relief from Toasters supports every time the whiff of a drugs story other than their own is incredible :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_ls942voSqN1qk8jago1_400.jpg

The utter relief from Toasters supports every time the whiff of a drugs story other than their own is incredible :rolleyes:

Indeed.

I presume Leigh Matthews, Tony Shaw and the Collingwood administration of the 90s will be raked over the coals for not picking up on Crosisca's personal habits?

Maybe the AFL will find Collingwood in disrepute? :rolleyes:

Forgive us, but around 2006/07, this whole board was buried in a mass of grand hysteria, as though we were the only club ever to have a drug issue.

As I (and probably many others) said at the time, it wasn't that we were the only ones with a drug issue... it's that we were the only ones who were caught.

The years since that time have shown that by no means were we the only ones with drug issues at their club at one time or another.

Indeed.

I presume Leigh Matthews, Tony Shaw and the Collingwood administration of the 90s will be raked over the coals for not picking up on Crosisca's personal habits?

Maybe the AFL will find Collingwood in disrepute? :rolleyes:
ONE player?? Yeah thats certainly on a par with the toasters isn't it :rolleyes:

Forgive us, but around 2006/07, this whole board was buried in a mass of grand hysteria, as though we were the only club ever to have a drug issue.

As I (and probably many others) said at the time, it wasn't that we were the only ones with a drug issue... it's that we were the only ones who were caught.

The years since that time have shown that by no means were we the only ones with drug issues at their club at one time or another.
Agreed UFG its a matter of scale and perception though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back