Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Just found this....

29bf52f.jpg

Could be a prequel? I guess we'll know more at either E3 or when the new game Informer comes out

Anyone else hear anything?

Re: New Gears game?

IIRC, there was talks last year about a kinect game once Gears 3 was finished and released
Epic claimed that was cancelled a bit into development.

Maybe they cancelled it to work on this? Strange, considering Epic said they were done with Gears...hmm, looking at it now, seems they're getting People Can Fly to work on it. Obviously the reason Bulletstorm 2 was cancelled not too long ago (before even being announced).

The alternate covers implies that the whole Delta squad has been done for something? Unless this is a prequel and explains more of Baird & Cole's background.

The alternate covers implies that the whole Delta squad has been done for something? Unless this is a prequel and explains more of Baird & Cole's background.

Yep, I'm fairly sure these are prequels.

Cole looks younger in that photo.

Set for release on March 19, 2013.

Source: http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/07/13/gears-of-war-judgment-release-date-announced
Following news of a release month earlier today, Epic has now confirmed an exact release date for Gears of War: Judgment -- March 19, 2013.

The game will also include the new OverRun multiplayer mode, which is basically a blend of Horde mode and Beast mode. For our full thoughts on OverRun, check out our hands-on impressions from E3 and look no further than our Gears of War: Judgment wiki guide for everything we know about the game so far.

New MP mode shown off as well.

Looks interesting. From what i can tell you can tag people with a frag just by throwing them at them, kind of like a Semtex in CoD and you can fall off ledges and stuff to parts of the map below.

This looks like a decent multiplayer mode......if you're COG!!! Looks like it might be heavily favouring them with all the sentries and electric fences everywhere. Not sure i'd enjoy being Locust in it tbh.

Also, there are rumours floating about they are removing the DBNO feature? Sucks if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, there are rumours floating about they are removing the DBNO feature? Sucks if true.

Pretty sure that's not a rumour and it's confirmed.

Just means less teabagging...lol

I've pre ordered my copy & seriously cannot wait to sink hours into this!

The more i hear about it, the more i'm confused as to whether it will be good or not. Will get it regardless, but some of the changes they're making i dislike and some for the better, Include;

Dislike;
No locust in a majority of MP modes.
No DBNO
No KotH, my favourite game mode.
1 weapon loadout
Quick and stick frags
8 bullets on the Gnasher
Being able to jump from rooftops.

Like;
No actives
No ink stun
No stopping power
No planting of frags

The more i hear about it, the more i'm confused as to whether it will be good or not. Will get it regardless, but some of the changes they're making i dislike and some for the better, Include;

Dislike;
No locust in a majority of MP modes.
No DBNO
No KotH, my favourite game mode.
1 weapon loadout
Quick and stick frags
8 bullets on the Gnasher
Being able to jump from rooftops.

Like;
No actives
No ink stun
No stopping power
No planting of frags

Sounds like it's going to be a bit more balanced in MP. Which is a good thing because GOW3 is very unbalanced in MP.

Sounds like it's going to be a bit more balanced in MP. Which is a good thing because GOW3 is very unbalanced in MP.

How so? I don't mind innovation, but it sounds like they are making a bit of an overhaul and taking away some of the fundamentals that made the Gears games great. Red vs Blue COG? DBNO gave us a 2nd chance a lot of the time in being revived by team mates, KotH is the 2nd highest populated gametype on GoW3 in my region (Europe) and gnasher duels look like they might be a thing of the past giving you only 8 bullets and 1 weapon loadout.

I'll still get it for sure, but i'm just starting to wonder how far they are trying to remove themselves from what made the first 3 great.

How so? I don't mind innovation, but it sounds like they are making a bit of an overhaul and taking away some of the fundamentals that made the Gears games great. Red vs Blue COG? DBNO gave us a 2nd chance a lot of the time in being revived by team mates, KotH is the 2nd highest populated gametype on GoW3 in my region (Europe) and gnasher duels look like they might be a thing of the past giving you only 8 bullets and 1 weapon loadout.

I'll still get it for sure, but i'm just starting to wonder how far they are trying to remove themselves from what made the first 3 great.

GOW3 is very unbalanced in MP. Active reloads, connection & overpowered weapons all make the game very frustrating.

By fixing this up, I'm sure Judgement's multiplayer will be better. No actives, no stupid ink, and less stopping power will all help the game play much faster.

Also, you mentioned KoTH has been removed but I'm pretty sure the Overrun mode is similar.

ALSO...this lancer looks cool.

161071_detail.jpg

I might have to buy it even though I already have a replica retro lancer and also received one of those $500 limited edition COG pistols for my birthday!

Falling from heights looks..........so ridiculous.

Domination has to be more that 5v5, sounds little heavy trying to cap 3 rings otherwise. Although i hold out hope there will still be a King of the Hill or Annex gamemode going off Domination footage.

Judgment just looks and sounds so different to anything previous, they've taken a lot of elements from the CoD games by the looks of it. Will take a bit of getting used to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back