Autopsy Geelong vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally Mitch Clark, the bloke is an absolute loose cannon. He will snap before the year is out, just wait. He realised he was getting pantsed by McPharlin and started to play the man instead. The guy didn't even want to shake his hand after the game. The whole rejecting freo thing aside, he just strikes me as an angry man, the player you don't want to rile up, because he will snap.
Agree with this. His attitude was not a good look.

Finally Mitch Clark, the bloke is an absolute loose cannon. He will snap before the year is out, just wait. He realised he was getting pantsed by McPharlin and started to play the man instead. The guy didn't even want to shake his hand after the game. The whole rejecting freo thing aside, he just strikes me as an angry man, the player you don't want to rile up, because he will snap.
Yes! He was getting towelled up by Macca and expressed his feelings by wrestling with him & going the jumper punches. I don't think it made it onto the broadcast but he was going quite a while & got quite rough. Stupid umpires took forever to break it up. Should've been reported

Thats good to hear - he's needs an extended go at the big time. Just to get some continuity into his game. I think thats important for rucks in general.

On another note - was disappointed with Ballas' bump on Taylor. I'd be surprised to see him cop a week for that but i won't be surprised if a $1,000 fine is heading his way. Especially as Stevie J copped a similar punishment last week.

Also Pav's errant arm on half time that smacked Lonagen (spelling?) in the face. I'll be interested to see if anything comes of that. Good test for the new system to let little incidents like that, without injury, go.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mitch Clark had a spot of concussion too, which could explain him losing it, but then the jumper punches suggest some level of control. He and Macca patted each other on the backs after so it's probably just all part of the show.

Weird little stat. From 2005 to today, Geelong have played 75 games at Kardinia Park, and only lost nine games. Three of them to Freo.
I still remember our first win. Cats were storming home and Pav launched it to the boundary in the dying seconds. The most deliberate out of bounds you've seen and we got away with it.

I still remember our first win. Cats were storming home and Pav launched it to the boundary in the dying seconds. The most deliberate out of bounds you've seen and we got away with it.

Crowley debuting that day really seems so perfect in retrospect.

FFC4ME you post more...OK?

This. FFC4ME you need to give us more of that stuff!!

Look, I try...I try, gentlemen (and ladies). Just remember that I can't get to training, can only really comment on matches and prefer to make a substantial analysis of things rather than engage in banter. I also don't possess Seppo's booming chanting voice and skills with crepe paper, Gil's grounding in cross-sports analysis, the wit of several top posters here, or the female perspectives of the likes of IP, FreoGirl or Allikat.

Maybe one day we'll have a nostalgia thread where I can wax about the unforgettable moments, very hard times and very sweet glories a little more. But until then, it's the analysis and voting threads and the Doig where I'll pop up most!

I am happy that so many Freo fans now have happy memories of Simonds Stadium. The only time I've ever been there was our 2008 away clash with the Cats - I doubt I have ever felt so cold in all of my life, but I did see Dean Solomon's hit on Ling first hand. What everyone tends to forget about that was the way in which the likes of the young Palmer and Mayne had been absolutely scragged and sniped at (illegally) by Geelong for the entire first quarter to that point, and Solly was really only retaliating for that rather than losing his mind.

It's true that the premiership team of the day seem to be able to get away with dirty tactics more than anyone else, as well as get looked after more than anyone else. Geelong - great team they undoubtedly were - got away with dog acts and soft free kicks for years and years, and oh how much this little purple icicle from that day in 2008 relished watching those chickens coming home to roost today for the likes of Stevie J and Hawkins...

What a game! Although Geelong were missing Motlop and Bartel beating them at Kardinya (and making a clinic of it) was beautiful to watch. As some poster mentioned there's no longer this weariness that Freo are gonna fall like a house of cards when we build a lead. It's hard to let go of that cynicism rooting for this club but I think I can now.

Played with him back in East Freo. He's a good bloke but back then I always thought he had an anger issue, not the aggressive kind but the inertia kind. When things don't go his way he can give up easily. He was simply outclassed by McPharlin and that's got to be frustrating as hell. Wants to prove he can tangle with the best for his new club!

Question: What's the deal with Tabernath? What's the long term plan with this lad? I hope he does well but he hasn't really impressed me yet.

Question: What's the deal with Tabernath? What's the long term plan with this lad? I hope he does well but he hasn't really impressed me yet.
The plan is to take the speed of Taberner and the brute strength and size of Hannath, and combine them as the TABERNATH. I think it needs a touch of Ballantyne as well personally. I give you the Taballanath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats good to hear - he's needs an extended go at the big time. Just to get some continuity into his game. I think thats important for rucks in general.

On another note - was disappointed with Ballas' bump on Taylor. I'd be surprised to see him cop a week for that but i won't be surprised if a $1,000 fine is heading his way. Especially as Stevie J copped a similar punishment last week.

Also Pav's errant arm on half time that smacked Lonagen (spelling?) in the face. I'll be interested to see if anything comes of that. Good test for the new system to let little incidents like that, without injury, go.

The thing is that McPharlin's about as nice a player as he'll have following him around this year. What's going to happen when he gets beat by someone who has a vindictive streak that wants to get the boots in?
We saw a touch of that last week. It's going to be a long season for him.

25oub7s.png

281a8au.png

Can I steal that for my avatar? So goood!! :D:D:D

You certainly don't want to be a cigarette vending machine around him ;)

But really it seemed like the whole Cats team were getting frustrated and resorting to cheap shots, Smedts obviously, Mackie's tummy tap on Suban, Hawkins knees on Ibbo, Johnson always gets a few on the bottom of a pack, etc.

You certainly don't want to be a cigarette vending machine around him ;)

But really it seemed like the whole Cats team were getting frustrated and resorting to cheap shots, Smedts obviously, Mackie's tummy tap on Suban, Hawkins knees on Ibbo, Johnson always gets a few on the bottom of a pack, etc.
Selwood doing a few sleeper holds too.

I can't promise you when Dockers boys but some time this week I am going to really enjoy watching the replay of your team beating Geelong. Bloody pleased your mob has had a flying start. I might even get along and watch them down here in Melbs if they are at the G and not playing Richmond. I was wondering if after last season they might be a bit wobbly. Not bloody likely at the mo it seems. If someone has to win the flag other than the Tiges this year, which let's be honest, is nearly a sure thing, I hope it is the Purple Army.

I can't promise you when Dockers boys but some time this week I am going to really enjoy watching the replay of your team beating Geelong. Bloody pleased your mob has had a flying start. I might even get along and watch them down here in Melbs if they are at the G and not playing Richmond. I was wondering if after last season they might be a bit wobbly. Not bloody likely at the mo it seems. If someone has to win the flag other than the Tiges this year, which let's be honest, is nearly a sure thing, I hope it is the Purple Army.
MCG vs Melbourne in three weeks. See ya there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back