News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I do hope this is true, EAFC24 isn’t great and there needs to be good competition. NBA 2k24 has hit gamepass so I’ve started playing that, not overly sure on the hate it gets? I’ve hardly played many of the previous nba 2k games, think the last one I bought was 2k18.

The myNBA era mode is fantastic, starting a season from 1991 in the Jordan era, if something like this was to come to FIFA2k25 it would be a huge hit imo.

I do hope this is true, EAFC24 isn’t great and there needs to be good competition. NBA 2k24 has hit gamepass so I’ve started playing that, not overly sure on the hate it gets? I’ve hardly played many of the previous nba 2k games, think the last one I bought was 2k18.

The myNBA era mode is fantastic, starting a season from 1991 in the Jordan era, if something like this was to come to FIFA2k25 it would be a huge hit imo.
Strong agree....

EA FC 24 is a wretched game. Plus far too arcadey.

eFootball has so much better gameplay mechanics but lacks content and official teams/players, and also a little something else in the gameplay.

UFL releasing 2024 soon looks like a carbon copy of EAs, with cheesey arcade gameplay and excessive skill moves...but it as at least free to buy and isn't a "pay to win" model.

So we need more competition per se, but also a game that's somewhere between eFootball for realism/simulation football but between EA/UFL for content/licenses

I remember hopping over from NBA Live to the 2K series in 2006. It was mint back then when there was competition. Haven't cared much for recent versions. Last I played was 2020.

Yes, but 2k has killed NBA with the amount of sheer microtransacrions and pay to win mechanics. Worse than Madden.

There greed with a very active FIFA player base will be a recipe for greed
They only make these games for the money
They only pay for the rights to turn a profit

It's why you gotta pay full price for a roster update each year instead of a game engine lasting a few years with seasonal updates for a small price

As long as people pay for their trash and micro transactions they'll keep doing it because they don't care if they kill the product long term

They only make these games for the money
They only pay for the rights to turn a profit

It's why you gotta pay full price for a roster update each year instead of a game engine lasting a few years with seasonal updates for a small price

As long as people pay for their trash and micro transactions they'll keep doing it because they don't care if they kill the product long term
They make Billions each release through Virtual currency. It's not just a small profit.
It's not just the roster update. It's the Myplayer aspect in 2k. You make a player to take online and unless you buy the $50 extra version with the VC you can't compete online.

Then they added a "battle pass" to the myteam which means you pretty much can't complete all the levels each round without purchasing it each time.

Knowing how huge FIFA ultimate team, 2K will absolutely bastardise the franchise.

They make Billions each release through Virtual currency. It's not just a small profit.
It's not just the roster update. It's the Myplayer aspect in 2k. You make a player to take online and unless you buy the $50 extra version with the VC you can't compete online.

Then they added a "battle pass" to the myteam which means you pretty much can't complete all the levels each round without purchasing it each time.

Knowing how huge FIFA ultimate team, 2K will absolutely bastardise the franchise.
Yeah the FIFA and madden ultimate teams are the same pay2win model

Sony shitting the bed here. Just seem so obsessed with having their own Fortnite or even Destiny, never gonna happen imo. I think the closest they'll ever come has kinda already happened by accident with Helldivers 2.

They've already ****ed up the Last of Us multiplayer that a lot of people were hanging for by trying to cram it into a live service wrapper. Seriously just release the thing, you'll make money, everyone will play it for 6 months then move on, its fine :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please be KCD2 Please be KCD2 Pleass be KCD2

Medieval looking dude on horse in background so hopefully that at least means it's in the period.

It is.

My God. XBox on PC.

Charged twice for a game. Worked for about 40 minutes last night to get them to figure out what it was... "Apply for a refund".

No I don't want to refund the game. I want the extra transaction refunded.

"Apply for a refund with details of the problem"

Did so with clear information on the problem. "I do not want to refund this game. You have charged me twice. Refund the extra charge."

They refunded the game.

Phone support today. "Restart your PC. Update your PC. Uninstall the Xbox App. Reinstall the game."

Had to uninstall and reinstall after a bunch of error codes and an obnoxious phone support person telling me nothing was really wrong.

171 GB re-download taking for ******* ever even on my gigabit connection. Throttled at their end I am guessing.

Nightmare bunch of campaigners.

My God. XBox on PC.

Charged twice for a game. Worked for about 40 minutes last night to get them to figure out what it was... "Apply for a refund".

Did so with clear information on the problem. "I do not want to refund this game. You have charged me twice. Refund the extra charge."

They refunded the game.

Phone support today. "Restart your PC. Update your PC. Uninstall the Xbox App. Reinstall the game."

Had to uninstall and reinstall after a bunch of error codes and an obnoxious phone support person telling me nothing was really wrong.

171 GB re-download taking for ******* ever even on my gigabit connection. Throttled at their end I am guessing.

I hate it when you ask for a refund and you’re told to uninstall and reinstall what you’re trying to get a refund for as if that is going to fix the issue. 😂

The only time I have asked for a refund was when I got the Assassin's Creed bundle from Ubisoft that included all the games. It was supposed to be ~$100 IIRC but charged me the normal price of over $600. They refunded the lot and let me keep the games.

My God. XBox on PC.

They refunded the game.

hahaha what a nightmare Chiefy, This is why physical media is still king.

Disappointing. Was wanting to try out the XDefiant open server test weekend.
Download time was very good, 30gb in a matter of minutes.

Game won't load. Crashes in the load phase.
Not a specs issue.

XDefiant recommended specs

• Memory: 16 GB
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 580 or GeForce GTX 1060
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Core i7-4790K
  • File Size: 65 GB

XDefiant minimum requirements

• Memory: 8 GB
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 560 or GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 or Core i7-4790K
  • File Size: 65 GB

While I have

64gb DDR4 memory
AMD Radeon 6700 XT
Ryzen 7 5700x
Roughly 30TB of storage
Windows 11.

PC restart did nothing. Shame. Would like to see what it is like.
Might have to wait until the full game, which I believe will be free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back