News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Still not a denial about going multiplatform, actually kind of supports it

Spencer himself held an internal townhall last week after the first word of a potential multiplatform strategy made its way onto the internet, where employees were assured that there are currently no plans to drop out of the hardware race and that Xbox consoles would continue to be a part of its multi-device strategy.

Didn't know where to post, but I was digging around my dads garage and came across old Counter-Strike CD's I bought in a Valve pack over 20 years ago. I was curious about the Steam/Valve account they were eventually tied to, so I sent the CD Key and email addresses to Steam support and they were able to get the accounts back for me. One of them was created on 3rd October, 2003. 2-3 weeks after Steam launched! The email address tied to that account was compromised at some point unfortunately, and the Steam account has a VAC ban from 2007... Imagine the guy used it legit and had a library and inventory worth a bit of coin. o_O

Might hang onto them and use them to sample demo's etc anyway.

Last edited:
Looks awful

Borderlands doesn't need a movie imo but whatever.. It looks like and will feel nothing more then any other generic superhero flick.
Not sure about Kevin Hart as Roland to me he doesn't quite fit, Roland is big, focused and an intimidating military soldier, while Kevin Hart is a run of the mill comedian. They're gonna butcher Roland just to get that comedy relief. Cate Blanchett is a great actress through so i'll probably watch it just to see her portrayal of lilith.

Last edited:
Looks awful

Love the games, but doubt I'll see this. Blanchett and JLC are twice the age of the characters they are portraying, the actress playing Tiny Tina is taller than the guy cast to play Roland who is meant to be quite burly. It's like they weren't even trying to do a faithful job, but I assume their priority was getting the biggest names they could attached.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borderlands doesn't need a movie imo but whatever.. It looks like and will feel nothing more then any other generic superhero flick.
Not sure about Kevin Hart as Roland to me he doesn't quite fit, Roland is big, focused and an intimidating military soldier, while Kevin Hart is a run of the mill comedian. They're gonna butcher Roland just to get that comedy relief. Cate Blanchett is a great actress through so i'll probably watch it just to see her portrayal of lilith.

Signed and filmed several years ago when Hart was hot property for these type of flicks. If you were casting today it wouldn't be him.

No Brick or Mordecai?
The main casting is atrocious. Jack Black as Claptrap the only decent choice. Jamie Lee Curtis might've been a good choice 20 years ago but not now. Ugh

A bunch of layoffs, studio closures and game cancelations at Sony and now EA this week. On the surface the industry looks healthy but it's clearly not as strong as it appears, at least the AAA side of things.
Shawn Layden (I think it was?) was bang on the money a few years back about modern AAA games being too expensive to produce and the current state of play not being sustainable. When you consider how much games cost to make now vs even 10 years ago yet they're still basically the same price (small increase this generation I know) its pretty crazy.

Shawn Layden (I think it was?) was bang on the money a few years back about modern AAA games being too expensive to produce and the current state of play not being sustainable. When you consider how much games cost to make now vs even 10 years ago yet they're still basically the same price (small increase this generation I know) its pretty crazy.
Yeah I remember Shawn copping a bit of flak for those statements. The other thing is these games are not selling much more than they did 10 years ago either. Something fundamentally has to change about how these companies do business but I'm not smart enough to know what they do about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back