Unofficial Preview GF Discussion v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it stays like the forecast that's great but anyone who has lived in Melbourne will know, forecasting weather anymore than 1 hour out on any given day is frought with danger......;) let alone 5 days out.

Is the forecast really that much of a gamble. Fly out tomorrow 9am and haven't packed wet weather gear.

Mistake??

Watching the replay now. Really feels like our gameplan is built to beat handball heavy teams such as the Pies. Our players look fit and primed and the quality of 15-22 is top shelf. If we can play at our best, I really don't think the Pies have the quality to outscore us. Losing McStay is a huge loss for them structurally. Throw in Daicos looking underdone, Mitchell having a bad back, Adams coming back from a hammy probably a week early and Howe needing to play forward - they will need everything to go right to win.

Feels like we need to stick to our processes and not let the occasion get to us. Do that and I think we are absolutely primed to win this.
I didn't really want to tempt the gods by saying it but have to agree.

I'd be overjoyed if Adams played 15 days after a hammy strain. Please do it Pies.

It'd be a big surprise to me if Howe went forward given his importance in their back half but once again please do it. Don't think they're that silly despite the rumours they've put out there.

The occasion won't get to us. We're calm and primed as you say. The issue is they'll hit us with everything physically , they know that's their best path to beating us , it's a GF and we still have to absorb what they throw at us and play well.

I'm sure our brains trust will have thought this through and if we shut down De Goey , Hill ,Elliot and Daicos to a reasonable degree they won't win. They'll have a plan for us , no problem with a couple of our players sacrificing their game in our plan for them.

I didn't really want to tempt the gods by saying it but have to agree.

I'd be overjoyed if Adams played 15 days after a hammy strain. Please do it Pies.

It'd be a big surprise to me if Howe went forward given his importance in their back half but once again please do it. Don't think they're that silly despite the rumours they've put out there.

The occasion won't get to us. We're calm and primed as you say. The issue is they'll hit us with everything physically , they know that's their best path to beating us , it's a GF and we still have to absorb what they throw at us and play well.

I'm sure our brains trust will have thought this through and if we shut down De Goey , Hill ,Elliot and Daicos to a reasonable degree they won't win. They'll have a plan for us , no problem with a couple of our players sacrificing their game in our plan for them.

I honestly feel this way impartial to my Lions bias. If the teams were reversed I would not be confident.

A concern from a Pies perspective is that in both of their finals so far they've scored under 10 goals. They scored 9.6.60 in that qualifying final and 8.10.58 in the prelim.

If our forwards get at least 20 shots on goal we should have superior scoring capability. We need our mids and our backline to at least break even.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back