Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon both Ceglar or Neale could fill in down back as well as Sav.

Ceglar no too slow (and 32 anyway).
Neale needs to be developed as hawks long term replacement.
We need to rookie a kpd.

Pure_Ownage worst case scenario we put blitz back and have Stanley and Ceglar in the ruck.

I cant see us structurally doing that as we look so much better with blitz around the ball.
This is why i reckon we draft someone like phillips if sav goes.

LOL Collingwood supposedly happy to take pick 27 for Grundy, but don't want pick 25 for Henry. Idiots.
Grundy is 28, is owed (approx.) a million a year for the next 5 years, has a recent history of breaking down and Collingwood are paying $300k for suitors to take him off their hands.

Henry is 20, went in the first round two years ago, has shown a bit in his time with the club and still has that lovely word "potential" hanging around his neck.

You and I might not like that they are standing firm on their demands for Henry but I don't think they are being idiots for trying to extract more (fair??) for a player they think reasonably highly of (perhaps just not by "showing him the money").

I always think it is good put yourself in the same situation. If a club came to us offering pick 38 and then 25 for Holmes would any of us be happy if we accepted it?

The question Collingwood should be asking themselves is; why does he want out after 2 seasons?

End unpopular opinion. :)

Assuming we do 33 plus 25 for Henry…

So 2 x second rounders, 2 x third rounders and esava for Henry?

Hmmm why though? That’s not good at all.

2 very late r2s and 2 late r3s but yes.
Also depends what we get back as change from 25 + 33 (if we did that).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t understand why we would have dealt for #25 unless we had a commitment from Collingwood that it would be part of a deal for Henry. It seemed like a terrible deal on face value unless we had a specific purpose for #25.

Does this work?

Pies
IN: 25+33
OUT: Henry + 50

Port
IN: Sav + 64
OUT: 33

Cats
IN: Henry + 50
OUT: 25 + 64 + Sav

???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I don't think we were put through the ringer.

But Collingwood certainly managed to gently bend us over in the "brace" position and offer very little in the way of lubricant. I think Mackie is just strategically returning the favour.

semantics

An upgrade 55 to 41 ... for a kid they rate as best22 ... and they are going to do it again unfortunately. ... But this time we get the player... so it gets down to how good OH is over the next decade. A 3 goal final ... mand just like Cameron ... what ever we pay is forgotten as if we have a spotless mind

I don’t understand why we would have dealt for #25 unless we had a commitment from Collingwood that it would be part of a deal for Henry. It seemed like a terrible deal on face value unless we had a specific purpose for #25.

I think most of us assumed that all would be clear by now but that’s not the case. Appears that we assumed that they would take the deal rather than having a commitment from them that they would.

I assume if a deal is not done for Henry over the next two days but we do trade Esava we will be taking 3 picks to the ND with the hope that Henry can be taken with 25?

I'm dumbfounded. As soon as it happened all I thought was that there was obviously a plan for that pick. If it was purely a gamble and pays off before Wednesday, then I like Mackie's big balls.

As a few others have said, it may already be done. They need something for their Wednesday night show.

As a few others have said, it may already be done. They need something for their Wednesday night show.

Crocmedia must be spewing that the Horne Francis and Jackson deals have already dropped.

Bowes, Dunkley and Grundy tomorrow…. Means everyone’s hanging out for the cliffhangers of Rory Lobb and Ollie Henry during the live TV coverage on Wednesday night 🤷‍♀️

Crocmedia must be spewing that the Horne Francis and Jackson deals have already dropped.

Bowes, Dunkley and Grundy tomorrow…. Means everyone’s hanging out for the cliffhangers of Rory Lobb and Ollie Henry during the live TV coverage on Wednesday night 🤷‍♀️
Yeah it’s hardly Jeremy Cameron after the clock ticks over is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back