Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant see Dimma bailing them out. Swans maybe?

you cant put hopper and adams in the same side..too similar. I doubt anyone takes hopper with the contract anyway.

you cant put hopper and adams in the same side..too similar. I doubt anyone takes hopper with the contract anyway.
Maybe. There is an age difference so I could see Swans looking at midfield reinforcements ..if Adams is injured at an inappropriate time. Generally Id say I agree with you that to get anything worth while from the trade Rich would have to keep a big chunk of his 6 year contract. Cant see that happening.

Latest on Max Holmes from Kingy

Flat batted the question but at least there is hope

To be fair .. what else is he gonna say?
I’m leaving gets him 6 months of where and why questions.

I’m studying means he might cut his value down if he’s pushing for a bigger offer.

Hiding to nothing whatever he does especially when he could have a banner year and see his market value rise.
And yes no player is bigger than the club so even if his value goes up it still must fit the club scale overall.

Go Catters

Last edited:

Go Catters

Conspiracy theory would have it something like .... Read between the lines ...I smell trouble. Asked flat out if he sees himself in hoops long term he failed to say "Yes". :rolleyes:

..“I don’t really know much about what’s going on; I just let my manager take the reins and I stick to playing footy, and I’m happy with that,” .... translation... Im not saying anything but Im keeping my option open to see what Im offered... 💰💰💰💰

imo, If he is happy then he probably stays. Its that way with most players.

There are 3 possibilities here:

1) He's unhappy at Geelong and wants to leave. If that's the case he's a pretty good actor.

2) He's happy enough at Geelong but will move if we don't offer comparable terms to what others are offering. And I'm guessing others are offering a fair bit.

3) He will stay at Geelong. But he's backing himself to perform in the first half of the year and be offered a much bigger deal than is currently on the table.

Conspiracy theory would have it something like .... Read between the lines ...I smell trouble. Asked flat out if he sees himself in hoops long term he failed to say "Yes". :rolleyes:

..“I don’t really know much about what’s going on; I just let my manager take the reins and I stick to playing footy, and I’m happy with that,” .... translation... Im not saying anything but Im keeping my option open to see what Im offered... 💰💰💰💰

imo, If he is happy then he probably stays. Its that way with most players.

I'm confused, he did say yes at the start of the article?

When asked if he sees himself in the Hoops long-term, Holmes replied, “Yeah, yeah, definitely. Yeah, yeah, yeah”.

Seems like a lot of yes' there, lol.

1) He's unhappy at Geelong and wants to leave. If that's the case he's a pretty good actor.

2) He's happy enough at Geelong but will move if we don't offer comparable terms to what others are offering. And I'm guessing others are offering a fair bit.

3) He will stay at Geelong. But he's backing himself to perform in the first half of the year and be offered a much bigger deal than is currently on the table.

The good news is if its 2. We will have plenty of cap space so we can afford to offer more to keep him. So he will only go if another team offers him more than we think hes worth and we dont want to match..weve got room to move. I could see him going but if he does it wont be because we cant afford to keep him.

I just wonder why we actually recruited him…
I think Edwards looks a bit like Blitz in some ways. But tbh Conway goes in that hard into the Ruck and on to the ground in the chase up he often looks like his limbs are going to snap off. At this stage Edwards will be seen as a backup and as he builds he'll probably be a Blitz or a Forward.

To be fair .. what else is he gonna say?
I’m leaving gets him 6 months of where and why questions.

I’m studying means he might cut his value down if he’s pushing for a bigger offer.

Hiding to nothing whatever he does especially when he could have a banner year and see his market value rise.
And yes no player is bigger than the club so even if his value goes up it still must fit the club scale overall.

Go Catters
I actually took that interview as really positive news.

If you listen to the whole clip, he just responds with that 'uncertain' vocabulary to every question. A lot of 'kinda' 'hopefully' and 'wait and see' in Max's toolbag.

Just sounded like a young bloke who hasn't done many interviews and is trying his best to stick to the media training IMO.

We won't know for sure until contract is signed, but when he's saying that he's sees himself at Geelong long-term, I'm absolutely prepared to take him at his word this far out.

It the actually Video of his presser, Holmes said it was the same in 2022 when he played half of the season without a contract.

When asked if he wanted to stay at the Cats long term he said :

yeah yeah definitely yeah yeah um we just got to sort it out I guess it's just up to Mack and my manager to sort it out and then when they're happy with it I'll be happy with it I guess

Note: The quote above is copy and pasted from Youtube transcripts. It's at 5:58 in the video.

Imo, if Geelong offer him a decent contract that he and his manager are happy with, he'll stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(4) Would potentially like to move closer to family in Melbourne.

I will admit I do not know if his family have moved to Geelong though (assume not).

I'm confused, he did say yes at the start of the article?

When asked if he sees himself in the Hoops long-term, Holmes replied, “Yeah, yeah, definitely. Yeah, yeah, yeah”.

Seems like a lot of yes' there, lol.

The comment was based in sarcasm from the POV of someone who wanted to make a story .... as Yeah is literally not saying the word Yes. My point is you can make whatever you want out of something if you want to... and in truth , even if he had said the word yes... someone who wanted to make a story would just find another angle to make a story ... like saying that he still has not signed

The comment was based in sarcasm from the POV of someone who wanted to make a story .... as Yeah is literally not saying the word Yes. My point is you can make whatever you want out of something if you want to... and in truth , even if he had said the word yes... someone who wanted to make a story would just find another angle to make a story ... like saying that he still has not signed

Gotcha. Sarcasm hard to determine online, haha.

That interview seemed like extremely good news. Am I missing something here? He flat-out says that he definitely sees himself here long term and that once Mackie and his manager sort things out, he'll be ready to sign on.

He could have said "we'll see how the year pans out" or something ambiguous, but he didn't, he affirmatively said that he sees his future at the club.

That interview seemed like extremely good news. Am I missing something here? He flat-out says that he definitely sees himself here long term and that once Mackie and his manager sort things out, he'll be ready to sign on.

He could have said "we'll see how the year pans out" or something ambiguous, but he didn't, he affirmatively said that he sees his future at the club.

Yeah the negative people are really grasping at straws this time, lol. Seemed extremely upbeat, and also look to be best mates with Ollie in all the clips I've seen...not someone who's unhappy here.

Could see him having an AA squad worthy year, and then making him one of our highest paid youngsters at 800K+ when it comes time to sign. Gonna have a massive hole in our cap at the end of next year, so would much prefer to give it to Max if he earns it - which would go a long way towards showing our investment in him/making up for the Grand Finals omission.

Just watched Max’s presser - the most promising update we’ve had so far that he’s not going anywhere. Nothing is certain until he signs of course but he didn’t leave any ambiguity that he wants to stay.

Yeah the negative people are really grasping at straws this time, lol. Seemed extremely upbeat, and also look to be best mates with Ollie in all the clips I've seen...not someone who's unhappy here.

Could see him having an AA squad worthy year, and then making him one of our highest paid youngsters at 800K+ when it comes time to sign. Gonna have a massive hole in our cap at the end of next year, so would much prefer to give it to Max if he earns it - which would go a long way towards showing our investment in him/making up for the Grand Finals omission.
Just picturing it now. Max takes home 'Charlie' and the Norm Smith double, and signs long term to begin the new Geelong dynasty.

Bazlenka joins the Cats on 200k (Cotton On pay the other 600) and we're away.

Manifesting is real folks, speak it into existence.

Just picturing it now. Max takes home 'Charlie' and the Norm Smith double, and signs long term to begin the new Geelong dynasty.

Bazlenka joins the Cats on 200k (Cotton On pay the other 600) and we're away.

Manifesting is real folks, speak it into existence.
You forgot to add that the new Bulldogs coach is keen to move on from Smith and just wants him out for a 3rd rounder.

Cadman and Kingsley have a war of words we get a similar outcome

Where did or does the notion he was leaving stem from. I read it somewhere here as if it was a fait accompli.

CatAttack podcast by the KRock guys. They have some degree of genuine access as game callers and journos.
Maybe it is his demeanour, but he seems very at ease and happy being a Cat. Runs and plays like a Cat.

And if he was to leave, I think we would get well compensated. Pity if he did, as we have nurtured him well, but Pies must hate seeing OH in the hoops.

Maybe it is his demeanour, but he seems very at ease and happy being a Cat. Runs and plays like a Cat.

And if he was to leave, I think we would get well compensated. Pity if he did, as we have nurtured him well, but Pies must hate seeing OH in the hoops.
I don't think there's a scenario where we get more out of the Pies than we lose.

Steak knives Mcrae and a future pick 10+? Yuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back