give me a gun

Remove this Banner Ad

And by not even taking the points now the focus will be on our 'gallant' comeback and not the complete slop served up in the first three quarters. If we were going to lose one way or the other I'd have rather got beaten by 6 goals so the spotlight went back on the coaching staff some of the colossal duds in our lineup. Besides, North fall apart in the 4th quarter every week - you don't get any credit for another side's flaws.

I am that close to walking away. Yet like a complete ******* I keep going back and getting served up more of the same.

I am that close to walking away. Yet like a complete ******* I keep going back and getting served up more of the same.

Gold. I think there are a lot of us in that boat. Like a car accident, shouldn't look but you can't turn away. This is shit. Same, good comeback, but at the end of the day 0 premiership points. Don't blame TJ for that last kickout (although it was poor in the context of the game), don't blame the umps... it was three quarters of shit football that cost us the game.

Holland needs to go.

the complete slop served up in the first three quarters.

Bingo. I sat down at three quarter time thinking to myself that if we kept this up, we would not win a game all year, and I was dead serious. The last quarter was a small consolation but still, something needs to be done about our gameplan (if we have one). Most of the boys can play, its just a matter of not fking hospital passing every two seconds to a man standing next to you :thumbsdown:

You just knew that when we were kicking out in that position that it was going to go wrong. We've had about 10 good kick-outs in the last five years so the odds were always on something going horribly wrong.

And **** blaming the umps, why were we going for the all-time world record of getting done for holding the ball? The clueless twats just kept selling themselves into trouble - of course they're going to cop free kicks. Anyone who blames the free kick count alone is on crack. This is getting closer than ever to our best side (or at least as good a side as you can expect halfway through the year) so the excuses are getting thinner and thinner. Holland wasn't awful today but still needs to go, Bizzell was great but he's hardly the future (see also Ward/Brown) and Miller is so for the tip it's not funny.

And I thought James McDonald had his worst game for a long time. Has had a couple of cracker seasons so you can't go him for one shocker but he was clanging all over the place.

Having said all this I don't think there's anywhere else I could be next week when we're playing. It's a sickness - the only way to get away from it is death.

Lucky to even be in the game in the end. Anyone who wants to blame the loose checking on Swallow, needs to rewind and watch the previous 3 quarters.

We showed that we could be that team in 15 minutes of play, but the game is made up of so much more minutes.

Miller deserves a bullet. Daniel Ward needs to be shot as well.

The first quarter was a fairly even contest, albeit very scrappy. Neither side seemed to be able to get their game going. There was a fair bit of wind which affected the kicking skills for both teams.

The second and third quarter were terrible. We were so sloppy, so dumb and lacked any structure whatsoever. A lot of fans give it to Miller because he hasn't played well lately (and rightly so) but I don't remember him dropping a mark today. So why the hell did we blatantly refuse to kick it to him when he made a lead from the half forward line? Instead we slowed the game down, looked to handball to our teammates under pressure and tried to chip it up the field. Absolute rubbish and Daniher must take responsibility for that, along with the players naturally. North let us off the hook with inaccurate kicking and the game should have been well and truly over by three quarter time.

Going in to the last quarter, we got a good start with some early goals and it sort of snowballed from there. North had stopped but equally we had lifted and despite the fact that it was still scrappy and frustrating to watch, we managed to produce a few goals.

When we had the lead, I am not sure why Daniher didn't put any men behind the ball. We had 8 forwards, North had 4 - didn't Daniher learn anything from the Bulldogs match? Swallow got the winning goal because there weren't enough bodies in the stoppage to just block it up. When there is a minute to go and you are five points ahead, don't worry about bloody man-on-man football, just flood the living daylights out of every contest there is.

Our inability to hold the ball up when we were ahead cost us too. McDonald had a free kick 60m out, his kick missed the target and went out of bounds. Petterd took a mark in the backline and his kick missed the target and went out of bounds. Johnstone took the kick out and couldn't find a target either. It simply isn't good enough. Adelaide would have not lost a single possession during those last few minutes, but we can't even hit a target.

And by not even taking the points now the focus will be on our 'gallant' comeback and not the complete slop served up in the first three quarters. If we were going to lose one way or the other I'd have rather got beaten by 6 goals so the spotlight went back on the coaching staff some of the colossal duds in our lineup. Besides, North fall apart in the 4th quarter every week - you don't get any credit for another side's flaws.

Shows your loyal Supermacardo should be proud of yourself, went through the same crap for many a year with collingwood, the tide will turn soon just not agianst Collingwood but im certain you will win games and win games well this year.

Thought you guys were very stiff, mainly because you've clearly got some talent and smarts but seem to refurse to use it. It reminded me of watching us last season, got the players, got Thomo to kick it to, yet we rufused to use it properly.

When they finally backed themselves they run amok, got onto the bottom of the packs and earned the frees. Just couldnt understand why you didn't play like it all game.

Anywa, not trolling guys, just sharing your pain a little, sucks when you know you can do it but the players just refuse to.

If we beat port, bulldogs and the roos we could be 3-6 with games against Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood soon, all of which we're a good of winning in good form. Some mental toughness and leadership would have helped us win those games, looks such a shame that our season is now completely dead and buried. Start booking the surgeries and planning the preseason. I'll give you a tip, fire Bohdan B and protect Sylvia and Brock until the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont mean to cause trouble by saying this but if you put in an effort like the first 3 quarters today, im fairly confident Adelaide will hand out a belting.

yet if you guys put in 4 quarters we could quite easily slip up, just hope we dont go into the game thinking its a foregone conclusion that adelaide gets the 4 points.
otherwise the dees will get the points

Anyone noticed that this is the third time we've lost to North by a point in the last 10 years? It's hardly WCE/Sydney as far as a titanic rivalry go but it's a ****ing nuisance nonetheless.

I can only remember the 2000 match, where we also came back from a fairly big margin. It was at the Telstra Dome and I think Yze had a good game.

I can only remember the 2000 match, where we also came back from a fairly big margin. It was at the Telstra Dome and I think Yze had a good game.

In 99 we were 7 pts up in the last quarter and they kicked 8 behinds in a row to win. Traumatic, but given that they had so many chances to win it outright it almost seemed fitting.

it's actually my fault we are 0-9 and have had the worst season ever. I believe it's karma cos i stole a footy from st.kildas warmup in round 1. The season has gone downhill ever since

In 99 we were 7 pts up in the last quarter and they kicked 8 behinds in a row to win. Traumatic, but given that they had so many chances to win it outright it almost seemed fitting.

Don't remember that, 8 points in a row to lose? Unbelievable! :eek:

I do remember our 1 point win over Hawthorn in 1999. Robbo thumping the ball over the line, then Melbourne piss-farting around with the ball down the other end and almost accidentally kicking it through the Hawthorn goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back