Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I made a series of designs using the Academy on AFL 23. This one ended up being my favourite. Sorry that the sponsors aren't quite right, I downloaded whichever ones I could find.
View attachment 1831362View attachment 1831363

I actually feel like the shitty GC logo would add to this design if it were reduced about 30 percent from its current size. The reason it looks so bad now is because it's just slapped on red with no background.

For some reason I don't believe the club will ever be good until the current guernsey is terminated.

When you hear of Trent Cotchin talking about changing his mindset and taking pride in his club: picking up any rubbish left on the changeroom, and imploring the rest of the team to do the same, etc; I just can't help think that at least to some degree subconsciously, life imitates art, and this guernsey that will go down in history as the worst guernsey worn by a pro sports team on the world scale since the turn of the century, doesn't have some kind of bearing on the way the players hold themselves.

Everyone recognises fashion is something a lot of people take pride in, and that feeling when put a mint outfit together, and you're feeling yourself.

There is no way the players ever feel that walking out onto the pitch with that piece of s**t - it's almost degrading tbh.

For some reason I don't believe the club will ever be good until the current guernsey is terminated.

When you hear of Trent Cotchin talking about changing his mindset and taking pride in his club: picking up any rubbish left on the changeroom, and imploring the rest of the team to do the same, etc; I just can't help think that at least to some degree subconsciously, life imitates art, and this guernsey that will go down in history as the worst guernsey worn by a pro sports team on the world scale since the turn of the century, doesn't have some kind of bearing on the way the players hold themselves.

Everyone recognises fashion is something a lot of people take pride in, and that feeling when put a mint outfit together, and you're feeling yourself.

There is no way the players ever feel that walking out onto the pitch with that piece of s**t - it's almost degrading tbh.

Haha classic post 👍

I don't necessarily agree with the depth of your opinion, but certainly agree with the fact our guernsey needs to evolve...

1698093443945.jpeg
Big Levi felt some pride, at least.

But yes, I agree. Needs a revamp to help the club revamp. I don’t think a single person disagrees in the whole AFL landscape.

We could do it Mighty Ducks 2 style at half time round 24 of the game that will get us into finals. View attachment 1838836

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
“When the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinnin’ in circles in the pasture?"

"Suns Rise Together"

6b5928cf00a5c7b6df327e636851a073.jpg

This thin blue line the upgrade everyone was hoping for lol

6b5928cf00a5c7b6df327e636851a073.jpg

This thin blue line the upgrade everyone was hoping for lol

Is this seriously it? Pathetic. I was told by the club they had an internal process running on their branding this year, I was expecting a whole new kit without the crap logo and they come up with a blue line 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I come in peace. I wouldn't take it to the bank that this will be your 2024 guernsey, today was merely the launch of the Loop ("LXXP") branding and partnership with Alex and the team at Loop for 2024.

This stinks of a gcs “upgrade” this is the jumper I’m sure of it

The club is completely tone deaf. The jumper is utter garbage and year after year we get nothing.

This is an exact copy of the response I got from Mark Evans in May this year when I sent him some designs (produced by freight train) and information on why the jumper should be updated.

"Thanks for your email ******.

We are having internal discussions about brand and I will forward your email to those running that process.

My personal view is the logo looks a little dated, but I know everyone doesn’t hold the same view.

Thanks for the effort you have gone to with the designs. Interestingly, in my time at Hawthorn they had a number of versions of jumpers and apparel items that were predominantly yellow which never sold in great numbers. (Note* I think he thought the yellow was the home and the red the away).

Regards
Mark"

This is an exact copy of the response I got from Mark Evans in May this year when I sent him some designs (produced by freight train) and information on why the jumper should be updated.

We are having internal discussions about brand and I will forward your email to those running that process.

My personal view is the logo looks a little dated, but I know everyone doesn’t hold the same view.

Thanks for the effort you have gone to with the designs. Interestingly, in my time at Hawthorn they had a number of versions of jumpers and apparel items that were predominantly yellow which never sold in great numbers. (Note* I think he thought the yellow was the home and the red the away).

Regards
Mark"
Send him an email with 10-15 designs from this website.

I re

Regards
Mark"
I received exactly the same email, Suns all over

I re

I received exactly the same email, Suns all over

Did you send designs too and specifically mention the crap logo? That's a fair effort if he templated a response because it sounded a response specific to what I said. Well other than the yellow jumper part, which maybe that was your referring to your designs? 😅.

Did you send designs too and specifically mention the crap logo? That's a fair effort if he templated a response because it sounded a response specific to what I said. Well other than the yellow jumper part, which maybe that was your referring to your designs? 😅.
I mention the logo, and the horrible nontraditional jumper, we only need to look at Freo or Port Adelaide, and learn by their initial mistakes.

Sent in a couple of ideas from this forum

I mention the logo, and the horrible nontraditional jumper, we only need to look at Freo or Port Adelaide, and learn by their initial mistakes.

Sent in a couple of ideas from this forum

That's funny I said the exact same thing about Freo and port, no wonder he used a copy paste 😅

Remove this Banner Ad

Back