Good luck Adam Cooney

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Cooney and this deal makes the dogs my second favourite team again.. Good luck cram dog and the doggies for next year !! * Griffen !! * the tarps !! * Ryder !! And most of all * Carlton !!

I like Cooney and this deal makes the dogs my second favourite team again.. Good luck cram dog and the doggies for next year !! **** Griffen !! **** the tarps !! **** Ryder !! And most of all **** Carlton !!

Second favourite team means least hated

Still hate you

Complete nonsense . Just like you can't make assumptions that Cooney was part of the core that canned McCartney, you can't put blame on McCartney for Adam's form either.
'Complete nonsense' is a bit harsh....I think you meant to say that you 'disagreed with my opinion'.

This whole saga is just getting worse and worse. The three players that I thought might most benefit from McCartney's departure are leaving with him, they also happen to be three of our best players based on raw talent (Cooney, Griffen, and Higgins). I firmly believe, unshackled from the rigidity of the 'McCartney System', all three are going to have big years with their new clubs. And, in the short term at least, we will have nothing to show for it.
Errrr... Don't rate Bontempelli, Stringer, Macrae, Hunter, Hrovat, and now Boyd?

Luckily he didn't pick North. Good riddance.:thumbsu:
I actually think he would have been good at Norf. Why he would pick Essendon over you guys when he only has 2 years left in i'll never know, i guess we can't pot him for only leaving us to play in a flag.

I actually think he would have been good at Norf. Why he would pick Essendon over you guys when he only has 2 years left in i'll never know, i guess we can't pot him for only leaving us to play in a flag.
Coons + 4th rounder ok:thumbsu:
Coons = Pick 36 + Harper + half of salaries ......is a big NOOOOOOOOOOOO:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna miss Coon and Griff a lot - loved them both.

At least we still have Murph

Gee we're a forgiving lot .
The bloke runs away like a scolded schoolboy out of his bedroom window, and yet we're meant to " miss him"!
Apparently some of his teammates were stunned and shattered by the announcement .

This whole saga is just getting worse and worse. The three players that I thought might most benefit from McCartney's departure are leaving with him, they also happen to be three of our best players based on raw talent (Cooney, Griffen, and Higgins). I firmly believe, unshackled from the rigidity of the 'McCartney System', all three are going to have big years with their new clubs. And, in the short term at least, we will have nothing to show for it.
That's not right
Adams hitting 30 with a bad knee,and it's a changing of the guard at the club
Good move

Even if some knob dogs fans boo him no one will notice it. Everyone will assume it is part of the coooooonnnn

Good luck champ. We never saw your best. A pity. For all those that say we could have had Barry Hall in 2009. Imagine a fit Cooney in that prelim

I'm not Cooneys biggest fan but i feel for him with the injuries that he has had, its a good move for both club and player. I really hope he can have a few good seasons and finish off his career well.

for one last time, CCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From memory, the idea for that chant actually started on this very forum.

Round 1, 2004. Vs West Coast (the one were Rawlings kicked 7) - the chant was in its infancy and barely noticeable in the first quarter, by the fourth quarter, even though he wasn't getting much of the ball, you could tell the chant had well and truly stuck. A Bulldog supporter two rows in front of me stands up and from the top of his lungs: "STOP BOOING HIM YOU F'IN IDIOTS! HE'S JUST A KID!!!"

:)

His injury was a footy tragedy and probably poorly managed on our end - a genuine character of the game and along with Griffen, another that accepted hundreds if thousands below market to stay loyal while at the top - but in fairness was well and truly paid back with our loyalty/ continued high salary to him.

And yep, thanks for winning me a couple of thou. 30+ touches against North in a pre-season game with shortened quarters ... worth a trip to Millers Inn TAB, I thought. And it was.

From memory, the idea for that chant actually started on this very forum.

Round 1, 2004. Vs West Coast (the one were Rawlings kicked 7) - the chant was in its infancy and barely noticeable in the first quarter, by the fourth quarter, even though he wasn't getting much of the ball, you could tell the chant had well and truly stuck. A Bulldog supporter two rows in front of me stands up and from the top of his lungs: "STOP BOOING HIM YOU F'IN IDIOTS! HE'S JUST A KID!!!"

:)

His injury was a footy tragedy and probably poorly managed on our end - a genuine character of the game and along with Griffen, another that accepted hundreds if thousands below market to stay loyal while at the top - but in fairness was well and truly paid back with our loyalty/ continued high salary to him.

And yep, thanks for winning me a couple of thou. 30+ touches against North in a pre-season game with shortened quarters ... worth a trip to Millers Inn TAB, I thought. And it was.
I was just looking at his stats last season, which compare pretty well to Colyer at Essendon who pretty much saved our bacon in the second half of the season with his badly needed speed... Just wondering if Cooney was still running defensively in 2014? And was the dissatisfaction from the club in general just a result of high expectations, or was he failing in some part of his game?
Cheers for any feedback...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back