Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a positive note. Congratulations to Brendan van der Donk on his first finals win as a Senior coach. There was a bit of questioning on this thread as to his credentials; seems being a GVFL premiership player, assistant coach and reserves premiership coach still left doubt. Another quality "minor" league product.
I think if tat can get over the swans and into a prelim then you could say the Donk has done a great job because realistically they should be beating the 5th top side after the $$ they have spent.. I do remember a quote from the coach stating "we made them offers they couldn't refuse" at the start of the year and also with the vfl players they certainly would want to be top 3 or 4 so for me he is on par right now.

Why so sensitive rowey?? I'm just an avid football follower with no connections to any GVL club. Just love the banter and innuendo of the big footy forum. Blue boy67 may have been 'stating the truth' on sirretts form on Saturday too

Hardly sensitive. Disappointed but got on with my life pretty quickly. Harsh to judge a player on one game. From all reports, he was good in his other three games.

Hardly sensitive. Disappointed but got on with my life pretty quickly. Harsh to judge a player on one game. From all reports, he was good in his other three games.

I wouldn't sweat it Rowey ... the pomise of next year is better than the reality of not being good enough his year. Already some handy names being thrown around ... Tyrone Downie and Woody Woodman ...

Benalla are obviously stand outs although I still reckon Ky are sneaky potential grand finalists.

Tat very impressive on Saturday and Shep Swans are well drilled and have great leg speed. Good luck to all four clubs for the weekend as we should get two cracking games.

I wouldn't sweat it Rowey ... the pomise of next year is better than the reality of not being good enough his year. Already some handy names being thrown around ... Tyrone Downie and Woody Woodman ...

Benalla are obviously stand outs although I still reckon Ky are sneaky potential grand finalists.

Tat very impressive on Saturday and Shep Swans are well drilled and have great leg speed. Good luck to all four clubs for the weekend as we should get two cracking games.
Ky sneaky potential grand finalist's ?
they are the team to beat
can't see benalla beating them twice in a final series this year
just my opinion

Ky sneaky potential grand finalist's ?
they are the team to beat
can't see benalla beating them twice in a final series this year
just my opinion

Watched them belt Rochy under lights in Round 2. Super impressive so I wouldn't doubt their capacity and I think I said earlier on this forum they were a huge chance. I have yet to see Benalla play this year but their record must surely demand they be deemed favourutes.

I can't knock a bloke with a sense of humour. Personally, Phil Carmen could be looking for a side.

Not much left but humour when your old home town has been flogged in a final ... again. Four floggings in four finals starts for Whitey so not a successful three year period.

Agree with you on the depth thing. I reckon as many 16 2nds players outside the senior players already mentioned (mostly locals) left the club over the summer. Given the 2nds played in the GF last year there was some talent amidst the group.

Was talking about Carman to a bloke off the Sebas committee last week. Nothing remotely positive was forthcoming in relation to the arttist formerly known as Fabulous Phil!!

Not much left but humour when your old home town has been flogged in a final ... again. Four floggings in four finals starts for Whitey so not a successful three year period.

Agree with you on the depth thing. I reckon as many 16 2nds players outside the senior players already mentioned (mostly locals) left the club over the summer. Given the 2nds played in the GF last year there was some talent amidst the group.

Was talking about Carman to a bloke off the Sebas committee last week. Nothing remotely positive was forthcoming in relation to the arttist formerly known as Fabulous Phil!!

Rochy are in an interesting position looking from afar as far as hunting for a coach goes I reckon. If they can lock away most of this years list ie Weeksy and a few of the top liners then I think it would be a great gig for a youngish playing coach type who can bring a mate or two. Names such as Tyrone Downie, Andy Collins and even a Corey Jones would be at the top of my list

Rochy are in an interesting position looking from afar as far as hunting for a coach goes I reckon. If they can lock away most of this years list ie Weeksy and a few of the top liners then I think it would be a great gig for a youngish playing coach
type who can bring a mate or two. Names such as Tyrone
Downie, Andy Collins and even a Corey Jones would be at the
top of my list

Corey jones? Can't see the wing nut coaching rochy. Player perhaps...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone ever imagined a super league? This would never ever happen but who would you have in the league...
Mine would Include:
Albury Tiger's
Benella Saints
Strathfieldsaye storm
Rumbalara (may struggle)
Lockington Bamawm United
North Bendigo
Kerang
Kyabram
Shep Swans
Rochester
Golden Square
Imperials
Yarrawonga Pigeons

Has anyone ever imagined a super league? This would never ever happen but who would you have in the league...
Mine would Include:
Albury Tiger's
Benella Saints
Strathfieldsaye storm
Rumbalara (may struggle)
Lockington Bamawm United
North Bendigo
Kerang
Kyabram
Shep Swans
Rochester
Golden Square
Imperials
Yarrawonga Pigeons

The hdfl teams (lockington and north bendigo would get there pants absolutely pulled down!!

Mine would Include:
Albury Tiger's
Benella Saints
Strathfieldsaye storm
Rumbalara (may struggle)
Lockington Bamawm United
North Bendigo
Kerang
Kyabram
Shep Swans
Rochester
Golden Square
Imperials
Yarrawonga Pigeons

Lockington. Way out of depth.

The hdfl teams (lockington and north bendigo would get there pants absolutely pulled down!!
Maybe not LBU, i could see them defeating Kerang, Rumbulara, Golden Square, Imperials... Would be a close game between LBU and Rochy after seeing the HDFL grand final and the standard was surprisingly very high

Next year I would like you to go out and see some other matches

Yeah no worries, I'll fly over every week to check out some games. I've seen enough Heathcote league footy over the years to know that it doesn't touch the GVFL. LBU are obviously a very good team, but Rochy - or any other GVFL team - would beat them.

Yeah no worries, I'll fly over every week to check out some games. I've seen enough Heathcote league footy over the years to know that it doesn't touch the GVFL. LBU are obviously a very good team, but Rochy - or any other GVFL team - would beat them.
I agree HDFL does not touch the GVFL, but some of the money now starting to flow through clubs will have them becoming a higher class league soon enough, ranking doesn't do them justice because they aren't strict on players who don't play interleague or attend training as some leagues would suspend if that is the case, I believe LBU and North Bendigo are dragged down by the league and would be a surprise package at full strength. After seeing some GVFL matches i can not agree, they would not come last with the players they have on list at the moment. Would certenly be a game watching.
Rochester $1.50
LBU $3.

I agree HDFL does not touch the GVFL, but some of the money now starting to flow through clubs will have them becoming a higher class league soon enough, ranking doesn't do them justice because they aren't strict on players who don't play interleague or attend training as some leagues would suspend if that is the case, I believe LBU and North Bendigo are dragged down by the league and would be a surprise package at full strength. After seeing some GVFL matches i can not agree, they would not come last with the players they have on list at the moment. Would certenly be a game watching.
Rochester $1.50
LBU $3.

Wasn't Carl Moon back playing this year? Was a solid player but couldn't hold down a spot at Rochy 2 -3 years ago.

The Oliver boys unfortunately have dodgy knees... Adrien Dohnt played at Echuca a while back ... not sure how old he us?

I think your dreaming.

Wasn't Carl Moon back playing this year? Was a solid player but couldn't hold down a spot at Rochy 2 -3 years ago.

The Oliver boys unfortunately have dodgy knees... Adrien Dohnt played at Echuca a while back ... not sure how old he us?

I think your dreaming.

Unfortunately Pez has had a unlucky run, Moony wouldn't be in the best and Dohnt and Ollie would still get a gigg in the GVFL, there would be a number that any team would love to have and maybe 2-3 to be unsure about. I never said LBU would win but it would be interesting with what could happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back