Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any comments on the likely applicants for the Tatura and Kyabram coaching positions? Would think both would be enticing options for up and comers. Donk maybe not the likely nominated option?

Any comments on the likely applicants for the Tatura and Kyabram coaching positions? Would think both would be enticing options for up and comers. Donk maybe not the likely nominated option?
Ky have had a fair few put in for the job.. With a ex afl player putting his hand up for the job.. Was an assistant coach this year some where down town.. And a few others internally from the club aswell..

My bet is that Tat already have someone to replace the donk and are just making him jump through the hoops!
They will probably make him interview and then tell him the other bloke interviewed better.
Probably someone internal or even a soon to retire player!
IMO you don't ask a coach to apply for his job unless you want him to go.

Any names Normo? Believe Paul Newman is one!

I heard he was looking to go to Tonny and play with Dave.
I reckon the committee would have circled him as soon as Dirty stood down about his thoughts on coaching but he would have to start thinking the body isnt holding up as a player like it used to. No doubt a GV champ but everyone has a use by. His may be

Was Van Der Donk a stop gap in Tatura's eyes until they got someone they wanted as couldnt land anyone last year? I would have thought he had done enough as was only making up numbers.
Do Tatura supporters think they should have progressed further?

Hearing some interesting whispers around town. J Daniels who was outstanding for the Swans in the finals has been shopping himself around and it looks as if he'll end up go to Mooroopna for more coin. Seems as if his good form went to his head and he told the Swans he'd only stay if he was made captain and told Jarrod Best that he was disappointed about him being hired as coach for next year. Interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing some interesting whispers around town. J Daniels who was outstanding for the Swans in the finals has been shopping himself around and it looks as if he'll end up go to Mooroopna for more coin. Seems as if his good form went to his head and he told the Swans he'd only stay if he was made captain and told Jarrod Best that he was disappointed about him being hired as coach for next year. Interesting
What did he tell Hayden Best?

Want to throw out there some questions on recruiting and peoples views on what's the best way to maximise the benefits.
Looking at different ideas

Do you target stars and hope that those signings bring even more players to the club without paying out big $$

Thoughts on targeting mates as a package. Is it a good or bad thing. Can bring in quality but can back fire if one player not up to it and leaves taking a solid player with him. ( I see this as a real issue within country clubs, one club I know slowly built up a strong team to challenge by each yr bringing in a couple of new guys that happen to be all mates, one gets a coaching job else where and bang 8 leave over night.)

How do clubs limit risk on recruits, what clauses eg performance expectation and also what club involvement should they have.

When recruiting , what length in time are you expecting the player to play and fill a roll . Is it two years but hoping for 4
Or is it a yr to yr thing ( hard to plan if it is )

Do clubs recruit players to be PR machines, sign an ex AFL player and see a lift in people attending games and supporting clubs.

Does targeting players with a job for them help them stick around

These may be dumb questions but I like to hear different views on what's successful and what's worked .

I've watched, played and been around a few clubs and love the matrix of how clubs go about things

Country Footy is bloody intriguing, You wouldn't live without it

Seems to be a comparison with the AFL and even our poxy levels of district football. Loyalty becoming a thing of the past, dollars demanding where blokes can and will go, players blaming coaches for their own inefficiencies, and in some cases playing groups even having coaches removed.

It's always the coaches fault .... now I'm only 38 but not so long ago players would cop whatever the coach thru at them because afterall a coaches job is to fix the errors, and improve the shortfalls. Being able to handle constructive criticism or being questioned surely is (or was) part of the gig - especially from your leaders.

Some relationships don't work I know that - but (especially) at our level unless you train every night, do the extra stuff, do the right thing from Thursday night until the end of gameday, then players blaming coaches and committee's is weak as Pi$$

The stuff players can do well, we as coaches take for granted ..... but sadly it seems modern day footballers are wired completely differently these days and when it gets hard, or the finger comes in your direction its easier to walk away :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back