Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not certain on anything and it could be small town rumours/big footy rubbish but Shane McKean is coaching Gooambat where a lot of the saints reserves players are linked, Mellington linked with Albury (again). Money talks, will be interesting to see if a few follow the money
Isn't equalisation /sustainability to reduce this ?

Do you guys think there'll be a chance of Ovens & Murray teams trying to join the GVFL in the future years? A lot of people seem pretty upset and disappointed the way the league is being managed at the moment.

Do you guys think there'll be a chance of Ovens & Murray teams trying to join the GVFL in the future years? A lot of people seem pretty upset and disappointed the way the league is being managed at the moment.

Probably only Yarrawonga would fit geographically.

kayne pettifer,(former AFL player),jake reeves,(former premership player),josh pell (former player and KDFL medalist),ryan butler(former player),steve thompson (former player and KDFL meadalist) all signed 100%!! close to putting pen to paper is brad mangan. born and raised ky player who was a rookie player with north melbourne. (coming off a VFL premership). its amazing who comes back to the club when you sign a colt figure like paul newman.

and also returning from tongala to ky is justin chambers who played in the 2013 flag with ky & zane coventry also returning from tonny to ky

and also a few other names been getting thrown around. (simon seddon, lachie smith,josh linton,) BUT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR IS CALLED THE SILLY SEASON FOR A REASON.

would be a good forward line with paul newman, billy burstin, kayne pettifer with hayden gemmil & ryan emmett at there feet.
and add brad mangan to that back line with names like jason morgan, josh vick, tom sheldon, sam sheldon & brad edwards.

no losses as yet for kyabram apart from sherman. but a few 50-50s with sam smith,liam ogden both due to travel.

Sounds good but how are they gunna pay them all , got no money after blowing a lot on Sherman , all current players have been told they will be playing for a lot less if they stay , looks like the same team that lost the 2011grand final to United.

Sounds good but how are they gunna pay them all , got no money after blowing a lot on Sherman , all current players have been told they will be playing for a lot less if they stay , looks like the same team that lost the 2011grand final to United.

Are they all one pointers under the points system being ex-Ky blokes, or blokes from surrounding district leagues who have previously played at the club? I thought Dirty Williams was a cult figure ... maybe that was only at Rochy.

The O&M is in strife. At present Corowa/ Rutherglen haven't the numbers to field anywhere near 2 sides in the seniors/reserves. They are in real trouble. Wang and Rovers in the doldrums and struggling, Myrtleford is continually battling to be competitive, Yarra is falling off the pace whilst Albury only going from strength to strength.
Not a good scenario for a major league.
As for Ky, lets see what turns up on the park in April. Interesting to hear Seddon's name being "tossed" around. Best place for Ky to toss his name is out the window, the club's priority should always be to attract quality people first and foremost.

5 out of the 6 i gather will be one point. and while where on that i had a quick look over the list and they'll s**t it in due to both sheldon's jordy williams, axel childs, all one point beacuse they have been there for 3-4 years. and rest are local bred through juniors. only one would be billy burstin due to playing VFL a couple years back. as for dirty he was a colt figure and has done a lot for ky. and thats why they've done what they have and are in the postion they are in (sucsessful wise). but not many come bigger then paul newman if anyone. great bloke and very well respected. and about them coming back 3 out the ones who left were due to moved away. and about the money no one ever knows unless your in that role or on the board as such. but paul did say there will be players taking pay cuts i read in the paper. which i think will be the locals who if they were locals at other clubs they wouldnt get paid a cent. and they would play for nothing. ky probably over pay there locals but saying that i dont mind in a way.

It was 2010 they lost to United and by my count only 9 blokes from that game will be playing at ky next year. Stop making statements that you can't back up. Seddon or Linton won't be at ky, Tom Holman and Liam Barrett will be though. Both great kids and very good players.

Don't know about Paulo and Dirty being "colt" figures, but certainly would recommend cult status for the pair.
As for the players at Ky taking pay cuts for 2016, pretty evident what has occurred this year.
They may not be the only club needing to belt tighten for next year. Premierships are hard to win and don't come cheap. The Saints have found that out.

It was 2010 they lost to United and by my count only 9 blokes from that game will be playing at ky next year. Stop making statements that you can't back up. Seddon or Linton won't be at ky, Tom Holman and Liam Barrett will be though. Both great kids and very good players.

yeah heard liam is going back after having a year overseas with cricket. another great in to add to either end of the ground won the bendigo pios BNF. i was speaking to tom 3 weeks ago and he still hadn't decided on what he is going to do. but in saying that 3 weeks is a long time in footy and he could well be going back. would be a massive get. he played in the 2013 flag there as a 17 year old and has only gotten better since moved to werribie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's true unless there is a number of players take a cut and or the Budget jumps up they would be doing some good negotiating to fit all them in. All the same exciting times at Kyabram. Outside of that to this point there doesn't seem to have been a lot of recruiting done although the next couple of weeks is likely to see some guys committing to Club's.

Was only a year out mate , or was it 2009 they lost that year to didn't they ?

Don't know about Paulo and Dirty being "colt" figures, but certainly would recommend cult status for the pair.
As for the players at Ky taking pay cuts for 2016, pretty evident what has occurred this year.
They may not be the only club needing to belt tighten for next year. Premierships are hard to win and don't come cheap. The Saints have found that out.

The word is 'cult' figure. And Paul Newman is 100% that at Kyabram, he will be able to bring a lot of these players back for a reasonable price. But the question is can he coach? Or is he just Ken Sheldon's puppet?

Dirty would be claiming stallion status rather than 'colt' ...

Have heard the Benalla Saints are in a fair bit of debt and are throwing extra money around at their local kids to stay. Any truth in this?

Have heard the Benalla Saints are in a fair bit of debt and are throwing extra money around at their local kids to stay. Any truth in this?

It happens when you have guys from your Club head elsewhere to Coach Benalla will be strong again top 3 at the least. Euroa are going through the same with Guy Morphet heading to Yea to Coaching after missing out on the top job with the Pies.

It happens when you have guys from your Club head elsewhere to Coach Benalla will be strong again top 3 at the least. Euroa are going through the same with Guy Morphet heading to Yea to Coaching after missing out on the top job with the Pies.

I thought the good bloke policy often came into play here? Obviously there will always be a few guys that will leave for better opportunity or because they are extremely close with the coach! Surely thou they shouldn't be trying to poach too many players from their old local club?

Euroa are going through the same with Guy Morphet heading to Yea to Coaching after missing out on the top job with the Pies.

Balancing out the 3rds scenario a number of years back when a good amount of Yea kids went up there meaning they couldn't field a team.

All goes round, I'm just glad Guy chose Yea or the poor bastards mighta been stuck with me again :D

Strong rumour out of Colbo that the humble abode opposite the pub appears to have had a woman's touch added recently. Can you confirm Ringo?

Let's just say that there has been some female influence of the OS variety ........Do believe that the sunscreen supplies ran low there some years back..but a tripod has been seen !

anyone else read justin maddern tweet today? " @sheppertonswans@hbest2 good to see you treat your past players like that. 2 years of travelling wasnt good enough obviusly"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back