Goulburn Valley FL - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Echuca splashing the cash out, I only wish they would spend a few sheckles on facilities. The visitors rooms there are a disgrace.

Jaggo...the rooms are a disgrace and the maintanence of them is the resposability of council. The council have no money and won't spend any until the route for the new Echuca -Moama bridge is finalised. If it goes through a portion of Vic Park like it is proposed to then council will be given money from Vic roads to use on upgrading the Vic Park precint in total. The footy club have a building fund set aside for new clubrooms...they have about $150k in the bank to go towards that. The cash splash you are referring to is not true. Big misconception that they are paying out heaps. Echuca have been lucky without going into finer details as only 3 of their 11 recruits are not from Echuca. The other eight are coming "home" at very little cost all at the same time to hopefully have a successful season. The "Locals" returning has been something the club has worked on for the last 3-5 years. Yes some of these players are getting paid but don't let the fact that a lot of hard work is paying off for the club. Still a couple to come is my mail. As for the playing group and as per previous posts on this site people who are ill informed are trying to bring the club down by posting uneducated rubbish. Those at the club, players, sponsors etc are very keen and the players are training hard. All is good in regards to the mood at Vic Park. Anyone trying to say otherwise on this site are nothing but jealous and have nothing better to say.

Hope this clears it up for the big footy experts! :eek::thumbsu:

Brilliant!

Another example of the Campaspe Council taking money from ratepayers from towns around the districts, and using it solely for the benefits of the Echuca township.

We hope that you people up there enjoy your new facilities, much like you enjoyed your brand new indoor swimming pool while pools around the district were shut or running on restricted hours or left in shocking condition. Echuca is also set to get a brand new library, while libraries in the so-called "shire" are derelict.

This is not aimed at you yeeehaa (or anyone else on here), but what a total load of horseshit.

Brilliant!

Another example of the Campaspe Council taking money from ratepayers from towns around the districts, and using it solely for the benefits of the Echuca township.

We hope that you people up there enjoy your new facilities, much like you enjoyed your brand new indoor swimming pool while pools around the district were shut or running on restricted hours or left in shocking condition. Echuca is also set to get a brand new library, while libraries in the so-called "shire" are derelict.

This is not aimed at you yeeehaa (or anyone else on here), but what a total load of horseshit.
Agree their Bradrowe...except in this case the Footy club is contributing (as they should) and that Vic roads are paying for the upgrades..not the campaspe shire...as i said, they have no money. Vic roads are paying for it as they are knocking down buildings, tennis courts and ovals to put a new bridge through their. Guess those user groups at Vic park will benefit from a government (state) that is putting a bridge where everybody doesn't want it and not listening to the people effected even though in this case the sporting groups will benefit. It's all about $$$$$

Jaggo...the rooms are a disgrace and the maintanence of them is the resposability of council. The council have no money and won't spend any until the route for the new Echuca -Moama bridge is finalised. If it goes through a portion of Vic Park like it is proposed to then council will be given money from Vic roads to use on upgrading the Vic Park precint in total. The footy club have a building fund set aside for new clubrooms...they have about $150k in the bank to go towards that. The cash splash you are referring to is not true. Big misconception that they are paying out heaps. Echuca have been lucky without going into finer details as only 3 of their 11 recruits are not from Echuca. The other eight are coming "home" at very little cost all at the same time to hopefully have a successful season. The "Locals" returning has been something the club has worked on for the last 3-5 years. Yes some of these players are getting paid but don't let the fact that a lot of hard work is paying off for the club. Still a couple to come is my mail. As for the playing group and as per previous posts on this site people who are ill informed are trying to bring the club down by posting uneducated rubbish. Those at the club, players, sponsors etc are very keen and the players are training hard. All is good in regards to the mood at Vic Park. Anyone trying to say otherwise on this site are nothing but jealous and have nothing better to say.

Hope this clears it up for the big footy experts! :eek::thumbsu:
the campaspe shire profits 1.4 million per year just on parking fines, no money my ass! dont get me started on the fu@#ing hospital. how much money can they suck out of residents each year! if your waiting for the bridge to go through to get new change rooms, your better off just torching the old ones, its the only way it will ever happen before your kids retire from footy:thumbsdown:

With Echuca splashing the cash out, I only wish they would spend a few sheckles on facilities. The visitors rooms there are a disgrace.

I always thought the biggest problem with the away rooms at Echuca were their proximity to the blokes in the old van cooking chicken skewers. Quite distracting really.

Jarjoura ready to spark career at Swans
Shepparton Swans recruit Luke Jarjoura found the best possible ally during his lone AFL season on Sydney Swans' rookie-list in 2002.
Jarjoura can't remember much about his time at Sydney other than the notable place he owned in the club's locker room.
``I wore number 45 and Tony Lockett wore number 46, so our lockers were next to each other,'' Jarjoura said.
``His parents had a property at Bowral about an hour outside Sydney and my parents lived about an hour away the other side.
``To avoid the traffic into Sydney we needed to leave an hour earlier, so we were always the first two at training and would have a kick together.''
Jarjoura said he became good friends with Lockett despite the AFL all-time leading goal-kicker's renowned shy nature.
``He's a pretty private person, but once you get to know him he's a nice bloke,'' Jarjoura said.
``My skills improved out of sight just having a kick with him. I used to kick around corners a lot, so he showed me how to kick straight and helped with my ball drop.
``He was really good like that.''
Jarjoura needed a lifeline after falling on hard times while playing for Queensland AFL side Southport last year.
The 26-year-old worked at a Gold Coast bottle shop for six months after a lack of trade work left the qualified electrician without a full-time job.
``With the global economic crisis there was just no trade work out there,'' Jarjoura said.
``I was working at a bottle shop just so my family could get by because it's expensive living on the Gold Coast.
``Our lease ran out so I rang everywhere looking for a job.''
One of the people Jarjoura contacted was past Shepparton Swans president Robin Knaggs, former owner of Watters Electrical.
``I did my apprenticeship with Watters Electrical about five years ago when I was playing for Sturt in South Australia,'' Jarjoura said.
Jarjoura was offered a job with Watters and arrived in Shepparton on Wednesday after a two-day trip in a removal truck with wife Victoria from Queensland.
The former NSW-ACT under-18 captain signed with the Swans for two years.
``Provided my employment is fine, which it will be, we are looking at buying a house and starting a family here,'' Jarjoura said.
``I didn't want to be one of those players who travel up from Melbourne on Saturday because house prices in Melbourne are expensive.''
Jarjoura has travelled regularly since Sydney delisted him without playing a senior game.
The midfielder-forward spent time with AFL Canberra club Ainslie (2004), SANFL sides Sturt (2005-06) and Port Adelaide (2007) and Sydney league side University-Eastern Suburbs (2008).
He was Southport's leading goal-kicker with 60 in 21 games last year.
Mt Gravatt upset premiership favourite Southport in the preliminary final.
``I want to get fit enough to play in the midfield because I want to have a good year and hopefully win a flag,'' Jarjoura said.

Have a look at Benny A strutting his stuff, was on Channel 7 this morning frolicking around the beach with 11 other guys!!!

Check it out here: http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/mens-health/

The 2010 MEN'S HEALTH MAN COMPETITION - FINAL 6 - BEN ANDERSON

mhman-ben-onlinepage-15lstgi.jpg

Name: Ben Anderson
State: Vic
READ BEN'S PROFILE
A sparky from the small town of Rochester just south of the Murray River, Anderson initially began weight training as a teenager in order to boost his self-esteem and give him some extra muscle on the footy field. "I was a tall, geeky-looking boy with big ears and braces and I wasn't really good at public speaking," he recalls. "As I started to do weights and look a bit healthier my confidence grew."

the campaspe shire profits 1.4 million per year just on parking fines, no money my ass! dont get me started on the fu@#ing hospital. how much money can they suck out of residents each year! if your waiting for the bridge to go through to get new change rooms, your better off just torching the old ones, its the only way it will ever happen before your kids retire from footy:thumbsdown:

Ash dancer you are obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed!!!!!
The hospital is not run by the Campaspe Shire you moron, its run by the state gov, secondly we are not wanting to build new clubrooms where the bridge might end up going before VIC roads and the Governments finalise plans for the route as they may just knock it down. Again the Shire has nothing to do with the bridge route or the hospital and the money for clubrooms etc isn't coming from the Shire it's coming from VIC ROADS!!!!!!!!! Is that to hard to understand? If the shire did have money we would have built them already...take a chill pill and read things carefully before you shoot your mouth off........

was told today that benalla have picked up a bloke from the murray league, nathalia? someone else might be able to share more information

Ash dancer you are obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed!!!!!
The hospital is not run by the Campaspe Shire you moron, its run by the state gov, secondly we are not wanting to build new clubrooms where the bridge might end up going before VIC roads and the Governments finalise plans for the route as they may just knock it down. Again the Shire has nothing to do with the bridge route or the hospital and the money for clubrooms etc isn't coming from the Shire it's coming from VIC ROADS!!!!!!!!! Is that to hard to understand? If the shire did have money we would have built them already...take a chill pill and read things carefully before you shoot your mouth off........
sorry just thought i would vent some anger and the point was that they have been talking about building a alterate bridge for 20 years and at this rate they will still be talking about it in 2030. i must apologise if i have affended any one, as time restraints and a different sence of humor do not seem to be translating well with curtain people. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry just thought i would vent some anger and the point was that they have been talking about building a alterate bridge for 20 years and at this rate they will still be talking about it in 2030. i must apologise if i have affended any one, as time restraints and a different sence of humor do not seem to be translating well with curtain people. :thumbsdown:

Mate you have absolutely no idea about anything-your posts are ridiculous,fiction riddled dribble. Get off the back of the echuca FC and worry about your state of mental health;dribble,dribble,dribble! I also believe that more of the young Echuca players are very keen to travel back from uni.:thumbsdown:

Don't wont to labour the point but.... Campaspe shire administers Rochy and Ky Rec also. Whilst I have my gripes with the council you would think that the Echuca Footy club could spare the cost of a 100 watt light bulb to at least have some light in the visitors rooms ( let alone any of the other basics). Good on them recruiting well, but please for this season what about some consideration for the visiting teams? On a wet day there is no more miserable place than Vic Park.

Couple of blasts from the past:
Nick Miller & Simon Laing formely from Shep - just wondering what ever happened to these 2 guys?
Last I recall they spent the 2007 season at Blackburn in the 1st Div in the EFL.

Wheatley and Nathan G Brown (or whatever his middle initial is) have been rumoured to have signed with Perry's Circus. The ex-Melbourne players might even experience a win this year :D

Would make some Riddell DFL clubs breathe a sigh of relief as he had been earlier linked to Romsey where I think a brother and cousin (Clint Wheatley/Bronson Wheatley) play.

northcote park f.c div one northern f.L are looking for a practice match sat march 13. we are prepared to travel.ph joe 0412298231 cheers

on a wet day??? we are in a drought the day it does come expect echuca to have 10 ex afl footballers on there list and the farmers to then donate there money. other then that each side has to only roughly play there once grow up, your there to win a game of football not to be pampered and look good in the process before your games you tools.

on a wet day??? we are in a drought the day it does come expect echuca to have 10 ex afl footballers on there list and the farmers to then donate there money. other then that each side has to only roughly play there once grow up, your there to win a game of football not to be pampered and look good in the process before your games you tools.

Whattttttttttttttt? Special School have computers now do they?

You Goose!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back