Goulburn Valley FL - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Jax.. Not too sure exactly who Brad is bringing, but I was told one of them is 'Euroa's best player..' As we know, blokes get excited. Not too sure about the $ situation with Brad, I would imagine maybe he is on a bit, and in my mind, depending on how much it is, it would be justified. He's obviously a quality player and a local, so potentially might give the club 3-5 plus years..

Also, was speaking to a bloke from Heidelberg and they're convinced Justin Murphy is going to sign with Mooroopna this week. No doubt he's getting on, but will still be a star recruit.

Also heard a rumour that sponsors are paying for Shepp Swans blue chip recruits - the 'club' isn't putting in a cent, hence why Meka got the job, but why he isn't necessarily leading the club to extinction..

Hey Jax.. Not too sure exactly who Brad is bringing, but I was told one of them is 'Euroa's best player..' As we know, blokes get excited. Not too sure about the $ situation with Brad, I would imagine maybe he is on a bit, and in my mind, depending on how much it is, it would be justified. He's obviously a quality player and a local, so potentially might give the club 3-5 plus years.
Could be right Tav,but paying an 18 year old alot of money (if this is the case)who only played about 8 senior games for Euroa then the rest in the thirds, would put alot of pressure on him to perform. He certainly didn't set the world on fire at Euroa in both grades but only time will tell, good luck to him and Rushy anyway:thumbsu:

so is lacedout really Hayden's young bloke or are you blokes fishing for an I.D?

Could it be another Balraj episode on bigfooty?? ;) either that or one severe case of "bro-mance", considering the majority of his posts are about Gleeson. Plus he's coming on here saying that "the KDFL forum says that....blah blah blah ", yet when you look on that forum its actually him writing it. Not the sharpest tool in the shed whoever it is...

BTW how's things going Head67 you big clown??

Hey Jax.. Not too sure exactly who Brad is bringing, but I was told one of them is 'Euroa's best player..' As we know, blokes get excited. Not too sure about the $ situation with Brad, I would imagine maybe he is on a bit, and in my mind, depending on how much it is, it would be justified. He's obviously a quality player and a local, so potentially might give the club 3-5 plus years..

Also, was speaking to a bloke from Heidelberg and they're convinced Justin Murphy is going to sign with Mooroopna this week. No doubt he's getting on, but will still be a star recruit.

Also heard a rumour that sponsors are paying for Shepp Swans blue chip recruits - the 'club' isn't putting in a cent, hence why Meka got the job, but why he isn't necessarily leading the club to extinction..

Interesting about Murphy Tav, as I was under the impression he will remain with Heidelberg after talking to a few of their stalwarts 2 weeks ago. Have also heard his been linked to Marby Park in the EDFL. So I will suppose we will watch this space and so who the highest bidder is... If he did make the trek up the Hume, he would be a very damaging player.

I have to agree with Jaxbac on this one, to pay an 18 year old a fair sum of money on limited senior games, seems a bit far fetched. Massive pressure on him to get a kick now. In regards to the "best euroa" player, always good when a mates pump up other tyres.

With Knaggs back on board at Lemnos, I think you will see the cash is coming from him.

Interesting about Murphy Tav, as I was under the impression he will remain with Heidelberg after talking to a few of their stalwarts 2 weeks ago. Have also heard his been linked to Marby Park in the EDFL. So I will suppose we will watch this space and so who the highest bidder is... If he did make the trek up the Hume, he would be a very damaging player.

I have to agree with Jaxbac on this one, to pay an 18 year old a fair sum of money on limited senior games, seems a bit far fetched. Massive pressure on him to get a kick now. In regards to the "best euroa" player, always good when a mates pump up other tyres.

With Knaggs back on board at Lemnos, I think you will see the cash is coming from him.

This is not entirely true. The post a couple above which said the money is mainly coming from the sponsors is right. Meka was able to get a car company to throw in 50K as his business went through them. Pretty tough for othes to compete with this. Not saying Knaggs isn't putting some money in, but he's not bankrolling it

Could it be another Balraj episode on bigfooty?? ;) either that or one severe case of "bro-mance", considering the majority of his posts are about Gleeson. Plus he's coming on here saying that "the KDFL forum says that....blah blah blah ", yet when you look on that forum its actually him writing it. Not the sharpest tool in the shed whoever it is...

BTW how's things going Head67 you big clown??
All good up here, Jim you big snowdropper.

Had a look at the clearances earlier, and yes the great Whippet has been cleared by Euroa to another league. Sad day indeed. I remember where i was the day Kennedy was shot, the day Princess Di was killed and the day Whippet played his 250th game at Kings park Seymour. Before the game he ran through a banner made up of 4 sheets of A4 paper to the applause of both the Euroa and Seymour boys. Ah country footy at its best.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with great sadness that I announce my departure from memorial oval, I have played 1097 games there all up including practice matches. I actually had a game in the senior team for a practice match one year against avenal in 1991, a great memory for me. Obviously other clubs have been throwing money at me over the years and Ive finally succumb to the pressure. I thank you all for your support over the years and look forward to sharing a winfield red with you one day when I retire to reminice over some of my finer moments on the field.

Shane " Whippet" Whitelaw

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with great sadness that I announce my departure from memorial oval, I have played 1097 games there all up including practice matches. I actually had a game in the senior team for a practice match one year against avenal in 1991, a great memory for me. Obviously other clubs have been throwing money at me over the years and Ive finally succumb to the pressure. I thank you all for your support over the years and look forward to sharing a winfield red with you one day when I retire to reminice over some of my finer moments on the field.

Were you there the infamous day when Mark Jackson wore a tutu and sipped a cup of tea?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Spoken like the true professional that u are...May your footy career at Euroa rest in pest and your senior career flurish else where, where your raking right foot and your exquisit skills will finally shine like never before.:D:D

Spoken like the true professional that u are...May your footy career at Euroa rest in pest and your senior career flurish else where, where your raking right foot and your exquisit skills will finally shine like never before.:D:D

You've got to get of the grog John!

You're starting to slur your words - Went and had a look at training last night and the standard was very, very impressive.

Went and watched Shepparton United Vs Tocumwal last night out at Rumbalara underlights,
Tocumwal was very undermanned so not sure as to how much United will take out of the match last night. They were allowed to play 30 each side but tocumwal didnt have 30 players available
But its always good for anyside to get the first practice match out of the way, All the preseason training you do, the first 5 minutes and the 2nd and 3rd efforts still burn you up.
I think United still have 2 more practice matches against Northcotepark and i think Wangaratta or Wodonga, What other practice matches are going on around the area.
I know the shepp swans are off to melbourne this weekend for there training camp..

You've got to get of the grog John!

You're starting to slur your words - Went and had a look at training last night and the standard was very, very impressive.
Listen you pesty little foreign bird,No one knew the whip like I did, What training are you talking about?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Good onya Whip :thumbsu: I reckon I only saw 8-9 of your 1097 games, but the memories will last a long time yet. I just hope that for all you've done for the Euroa FC they get you back for maybe a lap of Memorial Oval in the back of ute prior to the Magpies first home game of 2010, or maybe unveil a bronze stature of that mullet, gloves and long sleeved guernsey at the front gate.

Congrats on so far and good luck for whats to come :thumbsu:

Went and watched Shepparton United Vs Tocumwal last night out at Rumbalara underlights,
Tocumwal was very undermanned so not sure as to how much United will take out of the match last night. They were allowed to play 30 each side but tocumwal didnt have 30 players available
But its always good for anyside to get the first practice match out of the way, All the preseason training you do, the first 5 minutes and the 2nd and 3rd efforts still burn you up.
I think United still have 2 more practice matches against Northcotepark and i think Wangaratta or Wodonga, What other practice matches are going on around the area.
I know the shepp swans are off to melbourne this weekend for there training camp..
how did ryan normington go for united.he signed with northcote park 2 months ago. but left for united.interesting next weeks game united v nortcote park at rumbaralla sat the 13th.

With only a few weeks to the first round what are the views on the GV draw? Its interesting that the league have been very pro active in supporting clubs with night games, Sunday games and playing fixtures on Good Friday. The Rochy v's Ky game under lights will be big.
How is the feeling amongst clubs/ players re the night fixtures? Whilst it may be OK for the home clubs with suitable lights what is in it for visiting teams?
I know the Euroa v's Seymour clash on Anzac day is always well attended.
Interested to hear views, particularly the impact on netball games.

This thread has been ordinory for a while -triing to liven it a bit.
Premiers: Kyabram
Runner up: Swans
Top 6: Kyabram,swans,Mansfield,Echuca,Rochtester,Mooroopna
Morrison Medallist: Yze
Biggest Disappointment: Interleague team
Suprise packet: United
Biggest Headline: GV the best in Victoria
I'm sure their are other things we could add.:thumbsu:

This thread has been ordinory for a while -triing to liven it a bit.
Premiers: Echuca
Runner up: Kyabram
Top 6: Kyabram,swans,Mansfield,Echuca,Rochester,Mooroopna
Morrison Medallist: Kristan Height
Biggest Disappointment: Injuries to star players
Suprise packet: Euroa with all their kids playing
Biggest Headline: Nude photo of Russell Robertson distributed via Perry's phone. Robertson to sue for $200K.

Premiers: Swans
Runner up: Mansfield
Top 6: Echuca,Swans,Mansfield,Tatura,Rochester,Mooroopna
Morrison Medallist: Atilla Yaman
Biggest Disappointment: United... Talked up new recruits who just didn't deliver against quality opposition
Suprise packet: Swans
Biggest Headline: Swans win most lopsided grand final ever by 24 goals.

Premiers: Echuca
Runner up: Mooroopna
Top 6: Echuca, Mooroopna, Mansfield, Kyabram, Swans, Seymour
Morrison Medallist: Kristian Height
Biggest Disappointment: Shepp Sides continue to stall
Suprise packet: Saadless Seymour continue to roar
Biggest Headline: Successful night matches gain momentum as the heirachy look to a final's night match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back