Grand Final Day 2016 - September 24 or October 1.

What date should the 2016 Grand Final be played on?

• Saturday, September 24

Votes: 65 71.4%
  • Saturday, October 1

Votes: 26 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't really care about the actual date, though I'd prefer the 1 bye so if that means September 24, I say September 24!

With the 2016 Olympics stretching from 5th August - 21st, the AFL will want to draw out the season until October

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate byes, so vote for the option with less.
Players didn't have them before.
If taking a week off really improved performance then clubs would rest players strategically and use depth to cover. That's fine and smart management. Mandating a mid season break is dumb. Shorten the allowable preseason if the players want more time off.

The AFL seem to have locked in an Easter start for the 2016 season, with the season to start on Thursday, March 24.

If one bye is kept, the GF will be played on September 24.

If two byes are brought back, the GF will be played on October 1.

What are the arguments for and against either date.

If I could relay to you how little I care about this subject this thread might implode within itself and vanish up itself.

With the 2016 Olympics stretching from 5th August - 21st, the AFL will want to draw out the season until October
Make that Olympic broadcaster ch 7 will want to draw it out.

I'm washing my hair on the 24th so if we could make sure it's the 1st that'd be great, thanks.

Bill-Lumbergh-900x821.jpg

Its a leap year, replace Feb 29 with Sep 31. Problem solved.
Seriously though, the GF is the last Saturday in September. It always better to avoid having both the AFL and NRL GFs on the same weekend too and the NRL will be the usual first Sunday in October. And CV/CA have released the MCG, after thoughts of holding the Shield final over Easter, so there's no problem starting a week earlier if needed.

Last Saturday in September is good for WA fans as the following Monday is a public holiday. We can spend an extra day in Melbourne.

Back