Great moments in cinema

Remove this Banner Ad

V for Vendetta when Evie steps out into the rain.

V for Vendetta when Evie steps out into the rain.

Is that a relatively unknown movie or is it just me?

I only saw it because I was hungover one day and couldn't be bothered moving or arguing about what was about to be watched and I fell in love with it very quickly. I've lost count of how many times I've seen it now and never tire of it and yet so many people I speak to have never heard of it or seen it?

Loving Natalie PORTman only has a small part to play in the love I have for V.

Well, it was dervied from a comic, and it was directed by the Wachowski siblings, and fans were still pissy with how they wrapped up The Matrix trilogy, so nerd rage took it down. Thats as far as I can figure it.

As someone who never read the comic, I love it, its on my rewatch pile for sure. The whole part where Evie is captured, and the letter, its just amazing. Maybe the relative lack of people fighting also hurt it for a `comic book film', but who the * needs twenty minute fight scenes when you have a corker of a story?

This thread would be really good if you could add the actual clips being mentioned.

Sitting in for the midnight premiere of Star Wars Episode III knowing this would be the last time anyone would get to see those credits roll for a new film and all that, was just good to soak it in for a while with a eager and full house not there to hate on the prequels for a few minutes.

Guess that judgement was premature.

Gary Johnston throwing up scene in Team America. myself and Gillian Batty stood up and applauded. people sitting behind us woulda been pissed.

Discussion on tipping in Reservoir Dogs

Discussion on Like a Virgin in Reservoir Dogs

Ear surgery in Reservoir Dogs

Mexican stand off in Reservoir Dogs

Why can't I be Mr Black in Reservoir Dogs

Oh bugger it, all of Reservoir Dogs.

I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-Nightrider: I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Qui-Gon Jin reveals the secret of Midichlorians to Anakin.

I was just looking through the Random Thoughts thread and saw this post from Powerstufff

What were others' memorable movie moments? (I was going to say moments in a cinema before realising the danger of that can of worms ;))

I still vividly remember the scene in Jaws when the shark pokes his head out of the water while Chief Brody is ladling chum and Brody says You're gonna need a bigger boat.

I actually saw the movie Ford Fairlane on Austar a few months back.Jesus Christ mate that was corny.

But seriously, some that spring to mind (videos later).

A couple of punches to the guts:

Gandalf death scene and aftermath in LOTR:FOTR

First 10 minutes of Up

One take scenes:

Children of Men

First scene of 'A Touch of Evil'

Murder of Don Fanucci in Godfather 2

Mississippi Burning is one of the scariest, chilling and upsetting movies I have seen. Probably because it was based on a real event, were murderers basically got away with it and because I was watching it in the USA - in a well to do area, and the audience were becoming more and more uncomfortable as it played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back