Green and Beams Re-Sign!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Claye Beams and Josh Green sign new contracts

THE Brisbane Lions have secured two key components of their plans for the future by locking away youngsters Josh Green and Claye Beams on new two-year deals.

And it is believed vice-captain Jed Adcock is also close to inking a new contract that should see him play out his career as a Lion.

Ecstatic for Beams.

one of those players who knows how to find the footy. Lacking consistency at present but i firmly believe he could turn it on like Dayne did this season. Hopefully Vossy plays him in the middle and leaves him there for the rest of the season.

I am still wondering why he didn't get a chance earlier as he could switch roles at will between midfield and F50. From what I have seen, he seems to read the play extremely well when the ball gets delivered inside 50 and during stoppages.

All our mids (minus rockliff) have this habit of waiting to tackle the opposition ball-carrier, but this one hunts the footy. Beams is similar to Zorko in this trait. Need to play him more.

Great news to sign up 2 guys who have looked the goods at senior level. Green in particular is a much improved footballer. I was really impressed with his game against Carlton - he really adds zip around the stoppages and gets front and centre really well when up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of people throwing around rumours that Beams was 'unhappy' etc is proven to be garbage. As i said on another thread yesterday, I have heard most of the Guys are happy and its viewed as a desirable football club to play at. Just becuase young guys dont get regular games does not mean they are not happy, they talk with their coaches everyday about their devalopment plan and most would be comfortable knowing that like most players they will be in and out in their first few seasons. great re-signings.

home2.jpg

Fantastic, Green has improved a lot through the year. Beams has been well hidden in the two's away from poaching clubs (read Pies) well played Team Gabba, now cast off that red vest and show us what you have in the last few games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back