Training 2024 Preseason training reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh, Rooty Hill RSL .............................. lived up to it's name, when I was a wee lad .............................. so long as the local lads didn't take notice .................. (lost some bark there too).
Had a sporting carnival down there in 95 and stayed at the Rooty Hill RSL Hotel.

1st night we decided to have a walk around the local area and couldn't understand why the coaches/managers blew up and were worried about 17/18 kids walking the streets of Mount Druitt at midnight

I’m furious about it and agree that all rounds need to have numbers. Is it a true round if its not a number? Not if you ask me. I’m tossing up not going to the game as a boycott but need others to join me.
Should be round -1, or 1BR1 (1 Before Round 1) ;)
just like the years there is no year Zero. Went from 1BC to 1AD

It looks to me as though it is being marketed as Opening Round not Round Zero🤔
Opening Round sounds fine to me.

But there is no Closing Round so how will I be able to tell when the season is over?

But if it never opens, then how can it start?

The Wire Roland Brice GIF

I don’t believe many, if any of our VFL top ups are perceived as having potential to play at the highest level at some stage.

A couple of our VFL players are clearly there because of their brothers.

I’d actually prefer if we had more players like Reville, ex academy kids who might yet show something with a couple of more years at a higher level, then add in a couple of our top academy kids.

I believe I heard Bradley MacDonald’s name mentioned in the telecast, so that’s one.

I do wonder where Billy Richardson is this year, and do hope he’s going around again with the academy as an overager. Miller1971 ?

Richardson is in the L3 program as an over ager. I think there are 5-6 over agers in the program, unsure on the limit on how many they can select. I think the Allies limit is 5, and thats across all the contributing regions.

With talls like Gillet, Jensen, Waller, Hewitt and McDonald, I wuoldn't expect to see Richardson progress into the CTL games.

Plus Gallop and Gilder playing tall roles.

But there is no Closing Round so how will I be able to tell when the season is over?
Just like last year when that final siren went off in that game against the Pies.
I think that round is marked on the website as GF. You could lobby to have it changed to CR i suppose.
I defiantly knew the season was over when that siren sounded.

I always sit in Aisle 12 - Bang on the wing Level 4. I fine it is the best GA seat available.

If I was buying - I would be looking at one of the lower levels ... but again ... on the wing.View attachment 1915128
Snapped up 2 tickets L2/36 RowJ directly opposite this photo.
Centre wing level 2, looks like pretty awesome tickets but might be right in amongst all of the hawks fans 🤔

Richardson is in the L3 program as an over ager. I think there are 5-6 over agers in the program, unsure on the limit on how many they can select. I think the Allies limit is 5, and thats across all the contributing regions.

With talls like Gillet, Jensen, Waller, Hewitt and McDonald, I wuoldn't expect to see Richardson progress into the CTL games.

Who out of that lot in your opinion is the one most likely to "make it" at AFL level Miller?

Snapped up 2 tickets L2/36 RowJ directly opposite this photo.
Centre wing level 2, looks like pretty awesome tickets but might be right in amongst all of the hawks fans 🤔
We have a very bad recent record against the Hawks so they should be in a good mood for most of the game ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McDonald is an overager as well, isn’t he?

Who out of that lot in your opinion is the one most likely to "make it" at AFL level Miller?
Well I think Gallop, Gilder and Gillet all probably get drafted.

Who then takes the next step and actually has a 50+ game career? I'd probably suggest Gilder has the tools to do so, but Gallop probably the one who would tick every box in getting the best out of himself. He is an elite player and an elite person from all reports.

Gillett is a better player than Samson Ryan was at the same age. He is now a 20-30 gamer at Richmond and is about 22?

Alot can happen though.

February is a rubbish month - too hot, had enough of family social stuff (love them but we do a lot of dinner togetherness), paying off the Christmas credit card.

Honestly in our family it's the month of mental health decline.

Cannot wait for tomorrow's game and the season proper.

Back obsessive fandom, yelling and cheering and venting.

Even the horror years were better than ugh February.

anyone else feel the same?

February is a rubbish month - too hot, had enough of family social stuff (love them but we do a lot of dinner togetherness), paying off the Christmas credit card.

I'm pretty cruisy most of the year, always had an apathetic/Que sera sera type mindset to life, however I can't wait to get to the Gabba Friday week... love footy season, bring it on. :brisbane::trophy:

I have a fitness hobby that's also good for my mental health.
fun video GIF

Darcy Gardiner still named in the forward line.
Do we need to cut the interchange back or are we running with an extended bench for this one?
And no Dev.

TEAMS: Star returns, key Swans rested, blow for young Giant

Sydney v Brisbane at Blacktown International Sports Park, 7.10pm AEDT

SYDNEY

B:
Lewis Melican, Tom McCartin, Harry Cunningham
HB: Oliver Florent, Nick Blakey, Matt Roberts
C: Errol Gulden, Taylor Adams, James Jordon
HF: Robbie Fox, Logan McDonald, Sam Wicks
F: Hayden McLean, Joel Amartey, Will Hayward
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Isaac Heeney, James Rowbottom
I/C: Joel Hamling, Braeden Campbell, Justin McInerney, Angus Sheldrick, Peter Ladhams, Corey Warner, Dane Rampe, Caleb Mitchell
Emerg: William Edwards, Jack Buller, Lachlan McAndrew, Jacob Konstanty

Notable absentees: Jake Lloyd, Callum Mills, Tom Papley, Luke Parker, Chad Warner

BRISBANE

B:
Brandon Starcevich, Jack Payne, Ryan Lester
HB: Keidean Coleman, Harris Andrews, Darcy Wilmot
C: Jaspa Fletcher, Zac Bailey, Jarrod Berry
HF: Charlie Cameron, Eric Hipwood, Hugh McCluggage
F: Cam Rayner, Joe Daniher, Darcy Gardiner
Foll: Oscar McInerney, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Neale
I/C: Kai Lohmann, Callum Ah Chee, Lincoln McCarthy, James Madden, Dayne Zorko, Jarryd Lyons, Henry Smith, James Tunstill
Emerg: Jaxon Prior, Harry Sharp, Darcy Fort, Noah Answerth

Notable absentees: Deven Robertson, Tom Doedee, Conor McKenna, Will Ashcroft

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back