Training 2024 Preseason training reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-season training started again today so I figure it’s as good a time as any to get a dedicated thread underway.

For all the pre-season talk, training reports, videos, photos and all the talk of who is tearing up the training pitch.

Hoping Doedee and Will can continue to grow in fitness and confidence after both doing their knees last year with Doedee for the second time.

Can’t wait to see all of the new arrivals in action including BReville who has finally got his chance after persistence pays off for him.

All of our new draftees look to show something so will be looking forward to the now infamous training reports of M Malice and Grasshopper17 to see how the newbies are tracking.

Hoping all the boys come back in good Nik , I have noticed that Cam appears to be in the best Nik I have seen him in at this time of the year so hopefully good signs for him.

Last edited:
Pre-season training started again today so I figure it’s as good a time as any to get a dedicated thread underway.

For all the pre-season talk, training reports, videos, photos and all the talk of who is tearing up the training pitch.

Hoping Doedee and Will can continue to grow in fitness and confidence after both doing their knees last year with Doedee for the second time.

Can’t wait to see all of the new arrivals in action including BReville who has finally got his chance after persistence pays off for him.

All of our new draftees look to show something so will be looking forward to the now infamous training reports of M Malice and Grasshopper17 to see how the newbies are tracking.

Hoping all the boys come back in good Nik , I have noticed that Cam appears to be in the best Nik I have seen him in at this time of the year so hopefully good signs for him.

You are far too kind giving me a plug when I really only turned up for the business end of proceedings last summer!

I'll be keen to get some insight from people like Section 5 (I think) who was able to regale us with tales of various drills etc the players seemed to be doing at preseason training etc. And obviously all the usual stuff about who looks sharp vs who's been in too good of a paddock etc.

You are far too kind giving me a plug when I really only turned up for the business end of proceedings last summer!

I'll be keen to get some insight from people like Section 5 (I think) who was able to regale us with tales of various drills etc the players seemed to be doing at preseason training etc. And obviously all the usual stuff about who looks sharp vs who's been in too good of a paddock etc.
Definitely looking forward to the photos Section 5 and others.

thank you in advance to all who make the time to get down to training and compile reports on what they observe. as a supporter living outside of queensland who does not have an opportunity to see the group train it is greatly appreciated

I probably wont get out to Springfield much this pre season but here is a pre-emptive report >
df952ba499d52ea3f8676267b0e0987a.gif

I probably wont get out to Springfield much this pre season but here is a pre-emptive report >
df952ba499d52ea3f8676267b0e0987a.gif
Are we expecting flooding rain or for the House to come crashing down?
We he first one I can kinda handle because my house is high, but the second, jeez I hope not.

Definitely looking forward to the photos Section 5 and others.
I am just trying to get to Mr Ripper standard player images.

I usually do wildlife mainly birds just to get me out of the unit and a fair bit of walking for exercise.
So, a fair bit different to AFL players moving around.
About 4 months ago i left my camera gear on top of my boot.
It fell off somewhere on the M1 south of North Lakes.
Purchased some new gear so will be interested to see if my images are better or worse than last year.

I am just trying to get to Mr Ripper standard player images.

I usually do wildlife mainly birds just to get me out of the unit and a fair bit of walking for exercise.
So, a fair bit different to AFL players moving around.
About 4 months ago i left my camera gear on top of my boot.
It fell off somewhere on the M1 south of North Lakes.
Purchased some new gear so will be interested to see if my images are better or worse than last year.
Thats a shame with your camera.
I know they aren’t cheap.
It reminds me of something similar for me about 6-7years ago at my daughter’s primary school graduation.
I put my camera on the roof of the car to get the keys out of my pocket and drove off and left it there.
Stopped at Red Rooster for a family dinner on the way home, pulled up at the drive through and first noticed the strange look of the girl serving and then noticed in the reflection of the window the camera was still sitting on the roof of the car.😂
We all pissed our selves laughing, but thanked our lucky stars ✨

Thats a shame with your camera.
I know they aren’t cheap.
It reminds me of something similar for me about 6-7years ago at my daughter’s primary school graduation.
I put my camera on the roof of the car to get the keys out of my pocket and drove off and left it there.
Stopped at Red Rooster for a family dinner on the way home, pulled up at the drive through and first noticed the strange look of the girl serving and then noticed in the reflection of the window the camera was still sitting on the roof of the car.😂
We all pissed our selves laughing, but thanked our lucky stars ✨
Who says fast foods aren't good for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1701151254151.jpeg
Photo taken at the start of the year.

Hard to tell from above but perhaps our guernsey in 2024 (judging by the photo of the new recruits) has a more golden gold rather than yellow??

They’ve finally got the yoke in the right position over the last couple of years, and if we are back to gold that is a good start. We now just need to reduce the size of the lion by about 30% and bring back a V-shaped collar.

View attachment 1862245
Photo taken at the start of the year.

Hard to tell from above but perhaps our guernsey in 2024 (judging by the photo of the new recruits) has a more golden gold rather than yellow??

They’ve finally got the yoke in the right position over the last couple of years, and if we are back to gold that is a good start. We now just need to reduce the size of the lion by about 30% and bring back a V-shaped collar.
The size of the Lion is fine to me.
We are the Lions, wear it loud and proud.

Speaking of which, the 4 draftees all look proud as punch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back