Training 2024 Preseason training reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1914415
If Tunstill is in for Lyons then who is in for Dev? Assume he won't be quite right. Also, who makes way for Payne?
Personally, i think Tunstill in for Dev.
However, Dev has a chance v Swans to show how his game fitness and ball handling skills are up to scratch for OR.
Not worried about who is chosen for that sub spot.

If Tunstill is in for Lyons then who is in for Dev? Assume he won't be quite right. Also, who makes way for Payne?
Sub for sub, JL for JT.
Dev may need a couple of week to be ready to go so Darcy Gardiner could just move forward opening up a spot for Payne in the backline

You mean round one.

I don’t buy into this BS opening round nonsense. All rounds have numbers. What space cadet at the AFL thought up that garbage and then what muppets actually implement it 🙄
Round 0 works for me. But then I use that numbering system at work anyway.

Ahhh, Rooty Hill RSL .............................. lived up to it's name, when I was a wee lad .............................. so long as the local lads didn't take notice .................. (lost some bark there too).
Something something it's own postcode.

I've just gone from having a half day off to head out there to figuring out what to do with a half day off plus having to walk through Rooty Hill at 10pm.

Maybe stop off in parramatta on your way out to Blacktown and see the sights

You mean round one.

I don’t buy into this BS opening round nonsense. All rounds have numbers. What space cadet at the AFL thought up that garbage and then what muppets actually implement it 🙄

I’m furious about it and agree that all rounds need to have numbers. Is it a true round if its not a number? Not if you ask me. I’m tossing up not going to the game as a boycott but need others to join me.

I’m furious about it and agree that all rounds need to have numbers. Is it a true round if its not a number? Not if you ask me. I’m tossing up not going to the game as a boycott but need others to join me.

I've already microwaved my lanyard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean round one.

TBH I was livid with it initially but I have since come around to it.

It's to promote this great code north of the Barrassi line and I'm telling you the hype is real. Whilst thugby is out of town parading their code as some sort of freak show over in the States the AFL has welcomed themselves into their home.

Northern teams all playing at home against the AFL's biggest clubs. All games sold out. Prime time free to air TV in NSW/QLD. VFL diehards hate it but I can assure you the AFL is frothing over this. The exposure this will get will make this fixture oddity well worth it!

From a footballing purist point of view this is a disgrace. But from a business perspective this will be a big big winner.

IMO.

TBH I was livid with it initially but I have since come around to it.

It's to promote this great code north of the Barrassi line and I'm telling you the hype is real. Whilst thugby is out of town parading their code as some sort of freak show over in the States the AFL has welcomed themselves into their home.

Northern teams all playing at home against the AFL's biggest clubs. All games sold out. Prime time free to air TV in NSW/QLD. VFL diehards hate it but I can assure you the AFL is frothing over this. The exposure this will get will make this fixture oddity well worth it!

From a footballing purist point of view this is a disgrace. But from a business perspective this will be a big big winner.

IMO.
I don’t disagree with the concept; just question why it’s not round one with a split round when the 8 teams that play this round have a bye. I assume it’s because the AFL don’t want to offend the other 10 teams when thus round is on. Round zero is just dumb; not the concept.

I don’t disagree with the concept; just question why it’s not round one with a split round when the 8 teams that play this round have a bye. I assume it’s because the AFL don’t want to offend the other 10 teams when thus round is on. Round zero is just dumb; not the concept.
The reason I've been told it's not a split round is that so the northern clubs can build on any momentum rather than having a gap immediately the week after. It's the reason the two that need it most (Giants and Suns) have back to back home games.

I wouldn't have thought that anyone is in or out at the moment. Berry and Dev get a chance to prove themselves. Neale also in for his first run. I'd think that if they handle the body contact with no lingering issues, they will all be right for Carlton. I think the only spot needed to fill is McKenna for a game or two early in the season. Hoping that's the case anyway. Although if they aren't 100% there's no need to rush them back. I'd rather they miss games early than be in and out multiple times over the season with recurrences.

Where is the spot to sit at Marvel?
Looking at buying some tickets to the Hawks game today, never been there before.
3KZ is Football ??
I always sit in Aisle 12 - Bang on the wing Level 4. I find it is the best GA seat available.

If I was buying - I would be looking at one of the lower levels ... but again ... on the wing. IMG_6226.jpeg

Last edited:
I always sit in Aisle 12 - Bang on the wing Level 4. I fine it is the best GA seat available.

If I was buying - I would be looking at one of the lower levels ... but again ... on the wing.View attachment 1915128

I’m going down for the doggies game so this is good info

The reason I've been told it's not a split round is that so the northern clubs can build on any momentum rather than having a gap immediately the week after. It's the reason the two that need it most (Giants and Suns) have back to back home games.
I just assumed it has to do with the deal to have Richmond Carlton as the first game of Round 1. This is just the usual AFL crap of trying to awkwardly get around a contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Back