Gws target: Isaac smith

Remove this Banner Ad

If the unthinkable happens and he leaves at the end of year, the good news is that we will be well compensated. Considering that he will be a first round draft pick and a premiership player. ;)

Forget the compo - one in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Or, in contemporary parlance - don't throw a certainty for a maybe.

But I like the premiership reference.

Like most, I have no idea if he has been approached or whether he is or isn't likely to accept the supposed offer; however, and again like others, I would be surprised if he put money before team success.

I appreciate the concept that footy is his job & that it is logical that he would want to be paid the highest amount possible to do his job, but footy has the ability to offer other rewards that most jobs don't (I will never win a premiership or Norm Smith from behind my desk) & hearing feedback from ex-players etc, the thing that they value most is the premierships & time spent with the club - not the extra $1,300,000 they made over their 10 year careers.

I am sure Smith will be given plenty of advice to this effect from legends of our club (80's - 90's) & from our modern day heroes in Hodge & Sammy etc. And, if he needs inspiration or leadership from other guys that sacraficed big $$$ in the hope of making history then he need only ask Buddy what his market price would be...

I have absolute confidence that Smith will be going nowhere & am comforted in my opinion that if he does, then it will have been the right decision by all parties involved.

From my POV - if he stays in Melbourne, and makes a name for himself, he's got a wonderful outgoing personality and will do very well with the media.

Can't see many media roles opening up to him in Blacktown.

Some keep saying that he is indebted to the Hawks for giving him a go, but lets be honest, someone would have snapped him up.

Better we keep working on the success & winning culture at the Hawks! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And a big hello to the Herald Sun writers.

Guys, if you're going to lift stuff from Bigfooty and post it as 'murmurs that won't go way' at least give the site that you continuously trawl through a plug.

Guys, if you're going to lift stuff from Bigfooty and post it as 'murmurs that won't go way' at least give the site that you continuously trawl through a plug.

Maybe we should put the paywall up too? At least we'd get a few Roubles from clowns masquerading as reporters for our work. Note that I didn't use the word journalist, because it gives the profession a bad name.

Loved his game last night, played like he hasn't missed a beat, well Hawthorn what on earth are you waiting for!? Sign him up! I would be very dissapointed if he was to leave, one of our future star players. MASSIVE UPSIDE. :)

Very good reason why unsubstantiated rumour threads should be closed post haste - lest they end up in the newspaper and become self fulfilling.

Very good reason why unsubstantiated rumour threads should be closed post haste - lest they end up in the newspaper and become self fulfilling.

I'll start the Gary Ablett Jnr to Hawthorn thread.

Surely the new clubs are creating rumour after rumour in an attempt to up the price of all players, to make it easier for them to grab the ones that can't fit in other club's caps?

I doubt they'd be unhappy about clubs like Freo jumping in and commenting as well.

Can't see Smith going. Why would they chase an outisde mid?

Surely the new clubs are creating rumour after rumour in an attempt to up the price of all players, to make it easier for them to grab the ones that can't fit in other club's caps?

I doubt they'd be unhappy about clubs like Freo jumping in and commenting as well.

Can't see Smith going. Why would they chase an outisde mid?

Clubs or player managers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back