FTA-TV Halt and Catch Fire

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that Fargo is finished, this is the best show going at the moment i reckon.

Yeah, I agree. They're starting to find their groove with the writing and the whole feel to the thing.

The grade is a bit harsh and rough on the eyes though. I don't remember the 80s like that though.

Yeah, I agree. They're starting to find their groove with the writing and the whole feel to the thing.

The grade is a bit harsh and rough on the eyes though. I don't remember the 80s like that though.

You should have come to our house...fluro bean bags...fake timber panels...brown couches...technicolour vomit.

think she is actually the only one i like

i just hope they've got a plan with this show, because they've played a few shock cards early and i'm a little worried about whether it's got another gear

Its pretty much pointing towards her joining hubby.

Turns out wife is actress Kerry Bishe who was in that s**t last season of Scrubs....much more likeable here...

936full-kerry-bishe.jpg

I'm kinda more interested in the the building of the computer rather than the actual character tensions.

When i was young teen my dad and I built a 'Microbee' about the time this show is set.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbee
i never ended up going into computer engineering but I'm really interested for them to explain in laymens terms how they are developing the whole thing.

They treated Mac with at least a bit of dignity, putting her with other nerds meant she didn't have to rebel and either screw someone or get messed up
thought the old man had good scenes with her as well, good dynamic and she caught him
the japanese stuff was fairly stock standard, but not toooooo bad
the bearded dude was ok

there was only one motivational speech
no montage/film clip

still years off being great, but just thought that episode didn't descend into utter crap and was an improvement which i wasn't expecting

i really really want to like this show and i reckon if they let me, i could make it really good :D

few simple edits
Take out the toy store scene
Joe's hurricane fight
Cameron's musical montage

think they just stuff their symbolism crap up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have only watched the first 2 eps of s2 but i'm in.

was there any indication during season 1 that gordon was doing cocaine?

season 1 finished at the release of 'the Giant' then season 2 started 18 months later? The cocaine use was in that span when they were developing the Giant plus

So excited and sad for this season.

Most underrated show since The Leftovers, and sits alongside it, Better Call Saul, Orphan Black and Legion (honourable mention to Fargo) as probably my favourite 5 since Breaking Bad ended.

Maybe only Better Call Saul or The Americans provide as intensive and rewarding a character study.

Such a gem that has only improved over time, changing from a show with a great premise and production values, but recognisable tropes, to fully formed interesting characters with complicated relationships that viewers can honestly feel invested in. Even more impressively, it doesn't just feel like a gimmicky period piece, instead you ride the changes and drama of an evolving technological revolution with the characters, in a way that is revelatory, not simply tech cliche by the numbers.

Last edited:
I knew that Gordon would die this season, i didnt expect it to hit that hard.

his last scene was just amazing and heartbreaking. the music at the end caused a few tears.
Its been such a great season for one of the most underrated shows. the character arcs have been incredible since the first season, everyone has been loved and hated.

I cant wait for the final episodes, and have them be happier times.

I knew that Gordon would die this season, i didnt expect it to hit that hard.

his last scene was just amazing and heartbreaking. the music at the end caused a few tears.
Its been such a great season for one of the most underrated shows. the character arcs have been incredible since the first season, everyone has been loved and hated.

I cant wait for the final episodes, and have them be happier times.

Probably should spoiler tag the first para as i reckon it will be one of those shows people will binge watch in thr future.

But yeh...totally agree...blew me away this weeks episode. His scene was extraordinary probably because of the arc back to what really matters in life. Got a bit teary myself.

Off topic...what was it that never saw this show get to the acclaim it should have?

For mine it was Season 1 and the inability to like the three leads.

Season 2 and 3 when Donna and Cameron picked up the storyline saw it blossom.

A great ride!

All the great shows are ending!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back