Universal Love Hammer Time - U Can't Touch This

Remove this Banner Ad

lol, talk about clutching at straws

anyway, so unbelievably proud of Hammer, he is a shining example of what all players in our club should strive to be in regards to attitude. He is the poster boy for what being a player of the great PAFC is about, just makes me so happy to see a player who truly understands how special it is to play for this club. Six years? I mean, wow, that is the level of commitment I expect from all our players, what an absolute legend, he deserves utmost praise for his faith in our club and hopefully we can reward it with a flag, or many!

Hope Hammer doesn't have any looming mental health issues he has been hiding from the club...

Fantastic. It wasn't in doubt knowing how he feels about the club, but it's great to finally have it "confirmed" for the media hacks. And until 2021! I'm sure some clubs are furious, particularly that other South Australian club. cRrowe won't be happy!

If he continues his form at the end of 2015, he's going to be a spectacular force in 2016.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...aide-until-at-least-2021-20151007-gk32ye.html

The Age's take on Hammer's resigning news:
1444188440917.jpg

He said that the promise of premiership success, the tight-knit nature of the playing group and a desire to repay the club for helping him cope with the death of teammate John McCarthy in 2012 were key factors in his decision to stay.

"I've been on a long journey with these guys and the job is unfinished," he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...least-2021-20151007-gk32ye.html#ixzz3nqs2yeyh
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

The more players we can get to sign to long-term contracts, and the less our line-up has to change from year to year the more successful we will be. It is no surprise that the Magpies in the 70s to 90s featured mostly players with multiple flags and few with only one flag, you don't want to change a winning combination. It will always be a bit more difficult in the AFL with its forced changes of personnel but once the right backbone has been built then any small tweaks that have to be made should all be improvements.

What's Barrett twitter handle ... i can't find it!

Thanks

#lolbarrett
#barretisaflog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on ya Hammer, want a good read? go over to the article about hammer on the crowvertiser and read the comments.

The great SA pissing match continues. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image.png
    image.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back