Universal Love Hammer Time - U Can't Touch This

Remove this Banner Ad

Would there be anything better than announcing new long term deals for wines and Wingard in the last day of trade week just as Barratt was mid rant talking about who we would lose after signing Dixon.

So damn happy with this. I can see Hammer winning a brownlow one day. He is that good and is finally getting full confidence in his body.

Now the key is to make the most of his undoubted weapons. To be frank, he hasn't yet lived up to the hype and that's due to injuries early and not finding his ideal position. As our highest ever draft pick and someone Laidley said was the best young player he had ever seen, he should have a B&F, an All-Australian or a flag by now. I don't think he's even in our top 5 on performances over the Hinkley era (Boak, R.Gray, Wingard, Wines, Westhoff and Hombsch are ahead of him imo).

I want to see him spend 75% of his time in the guts and 25% lurking around the 50 metre line. He is wasted off half back and hopefully a fit Krakouer will free him from this role.

It's a great signing and I will make a big call- of our top 10 players, Hammer is the one with the most upside. He has been a B-Grade player to now but when he finds the next level (as I think everyone including Richmond and some other clubs think he will), you may find he skips A-Grade and goes straight to A+.

One down, two (Wingard and Wines) to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is very good of Hamish to play for free for the next 6 years seeing as we have no salary cap space, isnt it Damian?

EAD.
I have said it before .. he knows nothing about Port and our Players because no one from Port will tell him lol guess he will have to keep guessing and one day he might be right hahahahaha

I don't mind him off half back tbh.

I like him pinch hitting off half back, but I don't want him to play primarily there. He's still one of our most effective players in the centre circle - I believe they released stats this year that stated that we won more centre clearances with Hartlett in the middle than any other player on our list.

EAD Rowey "It's not all doom and gloom Cwoes fans, We'll have Hamish Hartlett next year" hahaha
Tonight "oooooo maaaannnnnn" they have no cap space to sign Dixon now, crows should target Dixon and keep a war chest for Wingard"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back