Happy 60th Birthday Davo (Craig Davis)

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive the intrusion of a Carlton supporter.

But as someone who knows him well, and also saw him play his first ever game of senior footy for Launceston (kicked a stack of goals!), I'd just like to wish Craig Davis a very happy 60th birthday.

Davo started with the Blues in 73 as an 18 year old, before a serious injury (eye I think) looked like prematurely ending his career. Certainly Carlton believed so.

Via a brief stint at North, he made his mark as a real warrior for Collingwood in those so nearly successful sides of the late 70s early 80s. Yours is the club most people remember him for.

Then after moving to Sydney, he made a brief comeback for the Swans in the late 80s after Capper's ill-fated departure to Brisbane.

He put an enormous amount of work into Sydney senior footy in the days up here before the AFL in Sydney was funded by Melbourne - and was a three or four man operation running out of a small office.

He's also Brent Crosswell's cousin and Nick's dad of course.

Cheers. :)

Last edited:

damn spellcheck boof
Yeah sorry, I should have made who I was referring to more clear in the thread title.

I've always known him as Davo.........:)

Doesn't matter mate, we know who he is/was.
Great player and a real hard worker for footy at our club and the swans.
I only wish he'd stayed with us so that young Nick might have stayed as well!

The first in a line of number 19s who were some of my favourite players. Davis, Graham Wright and now Elliott. (am conveniently forgetting Cam Wood)

Thanks for the reminder OP

My earliest football memory is Craig roving off a pack and slamming it through from 1 metre out at Vic Park. Other memories include Graeme Teasdale taking an absolute screamer for us while playing in the 2s.

Boof kicked so many goals from scraps and snaps....he was a real opportunist and he helped us win a lot go games.

Boofa was a very good player. he just walked back into that swans team after having retired and was still better than any other key forward they had. yeah number 19 is pretty cool at the pies. not in 22 or 35 class but still good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back