News Hartigan signs for 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably being unreasonable but I simply can't warm to him. Looks too much like douchecanoe sKurt... Makes my lip curl just looking at the poor bloke.
hqdefault.jpg

images

Really????

Probably being unreasonable but I simply can't warm to him. Looks too much like douchecanoe sKurt... Makes my lip curl just looking at the poor bloke.

He smashed Darling on the weekend. He's only really been comprehensively beaten once this year (and our whole team was comprehensively beaten that day). I reckon that's a pretty good effort for a fairly inexperienced KPD. I'd absolutely love if we could get another AA defender to replace him, but he's a more than handy defender alongside Talia and Lever. Great 2 year signing.

Stringer did make him look bad but he (Stringer) has done that to better backmen as well this year. Will be a difficult match up in future games
You almost have Hartigan and Cheney OR kelly rotating through the SAnfl depending on the structure of the oppositions forward line

I lied,

There is one thing better than a cheap defender coming good. A cheap forwards coming good and kicking 40+ goals a year. :)

How about a 3rd round midfielder who's in the top 5 players in the league?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer did make him look bad but he (Stringer) has done that to better backmen as well this year. Will be a difficult match up in future games
He really was thrown to the wolves in that game. Firstly it was a bad matchup as Kyle is certainly not quick and Stringer is lightning (did anyone see him running through the middle on the weekend?) and secondly we kept turning the ball over in the midfield and leaving him one out against him. He does have some limitations with pace but other parts of his game are actually very good. Great news that he's committed.

With A grade guns in Talia and Lever in defense our 3rd tall defender doesn't need to be an A grader. Hartigan is developing nicely and I love his aggression. Keep it up big guy.
The size of the 3 guys makes it unlikely any team has it over us in the air. Team defence is noticeably better since Hartigan replaced Cheney. Nothing against Cheney he just can't compete against the bigger guys.

I think this is proof that if you give young players that show potential the exposure and stay with them rather than drop them straighter a poor game they will develop and to me that is what has happened with Hartigan.

love a signing early in the week, gives us time to fit in Crouch, Lynch and Dangerfield before the weekend ;)

as for Hartigan good on him, no surprises for me though, my support goes a long way back. People don't appreciate how quick he is for the size, its key in allowing us to play the three talls in the first place. Don't think pace was the issue on Stringer either, he just got completely outfoxed by a great footballer D. Jarman style.

If he can learn the sort of tricks that allowed Truck to blanket Buddy Franklin we'll be laughing, he's certainly got the tools, needs to keep working on the craft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back